Awoo.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Switch (Mar 20, 2020)

Polkadi~☆

The mayor and Isabelle might be getting all tired from their camping and smashing and whatever else... Lucky for them, Tom Nook is already setting up for their return.

Coming in 2019, a new Animal Crossing game is arriving on Nintendo Switch.

More details are yet to be announced.

I must say I am quite excited! Not only is the game perfect for what the Switch can do, but many people (as well as I) have been clamoring and waiting for a new Animal Crossing game, especially on this system. To see it's finally coming is a real treat!

• Thumbs Up 2

I became excited when I found out that there's a new Animal Crossing game coming! Just as I thought that Isabelle being in Smash didn't excite me enough!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I haven't actually played an Animal Crossing since the GCN version--I still play the GCN version. To be honest I never had much incentive to try the other games in the series because I enjoy the GCN game that much and I didn't want to deal with the tedious town upkeep or anything with other games. I did hear great things about New Leaf, which even addresses stuff like that, but I passed on it.

Now a new game is coming to Switch and I couldn't be happier.

• Thumbs Up 3

It was bound to be coming, and to have it confirmed is great.

Within a year, I'm expecting. It's more than likely a summer game, with the first Direct of next year maybe giving us a first look at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally, this had gotten announced. I’ve been waiting for this game since Pocket Camp got released. I spent hours on both NL and the GCN one, so I’m definitely looking forward to this. Hoping they bring back the town size and the fifteen villager limit from the GCN game back.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who would like it if they did a Sonic crossover (i.e. SOnic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, etc. could move into your town)?  It would be that far off because in addition to characters based of Splatoon and Sanrio, the whole world got LoZ characters (Wolf Link, Ganon, Medli, and Epona (Links to the Animal Crossing wiki of these characters are hyperlinked), in Japan they have Felyne from Monster Hunter:

latest?cb=20170510194449

A character (Filly) based of 7/11 (7/11s are much more important and larger places than the US and other places

5Sd46N1latest?cb=20150722201302

And a character based off a Japanese cosmetics line called Fueki (This character, Holden, can't move in)

Holden 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:23 AM, Zaysho said:

I haven't actually played an Animal Crossing since the GCN version--I still play the GCN version. To be honest I never had much incentive to try the other games in the series because I enjoy the GCN game that much and I didn't want to deal with the tedious town upkeep or anything with other games. I did hear great things about New Leaf, which even addresses stuff like that, but I passed on it.

Now a new game is coming to Switch and I couldn't be happier.

New Leaf vs GCN was kind of like the New Super Mario Bros. U to the original NSMB.  It made the games that come between feel irrelevant in comparison because it's like "oh this is what a sequel to the original should've been all along", with the other games being baby steps towards it.  I played the original a ton too, and neither DS or Wii Animal Crossing quite hooked me in for a long time like GCN or New Leaf did.  GCN is so classic and cosy, but DS and Wii just didn't add enough - while also making a fair amount of changes I didn't care for.  New Leaf kept only the best of those changes, while also adding so many quality of life features and a higher level of customisation for the overall experience, not just your house and character appearance.

Having said that, with a year to go, you might as well wait to see how the Switch one turns out at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been long enough, but finally, a trailer. Looking at the gameplay, I've quite excited for this game!

I love Animal Crossing.

New Leaf is the only game in the series that I've played, and it's was delightful. You just kind of... Have to like it. It's relentlessly chilled and happy. 

But I got really fed up with the game when New villagers kept building their houses in my garden or in the middle of other areas that I'd so meticulously designed. It really was a downer. I would seriously love it if this new game let's you meet new villagers before they build a home. Someone new arrives on the island, and they ask you where they should live. You'd just respond with either "I know the perfect spot", and guide them to somewhere of your choosing, or you tell them "everywhere is great" and they go about it automatically.

Seriously, there's nothing worse than being given the freedom to design your perfect little town, and then fucking Puddles builds her house on top of your orchard as close to your house as possible but misaligned by one tile so that she's not even on the same grid. And no, I don't want to visit your garish house this evening. Why would you even invite me after I spent the day attacking you with a bug net and sending you racist letters telling you and the other frogs that you're not welcome? We don't want your kind in our town.

I hate Animal Crossing.

• Chuckle 2

4 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

But I got really fed up with the game when New villagers kept building their houses in my garden or in the middle of other areas that I'd so meticulously designed.

I am having trouble finding the info... but the other day I in fact read from a interview they are fixing that old problem for the new game. Can't remember exactly how they are fixing it as I don't know where I saw it and can't find the info quickly on google.

It's like they put Minecraft elements in Animal Crossing and it worked out so well! I'm seriously looking forward to this!

On 6/15/2019 at 1:44 PM, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I am having trouble finding the info... but the other day I in fact read from a interview they are fixing that old problem for the new game. Can't remember exactly how they are fixing it as I don't know where I saw it and can't find the info quickly on google.

Apparently, you're creating the home for the Villagers yourself. If you don't have a vacant home for them, they won't stay.

That's what I've heard, at least. I could be wrong.

6 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Apparently, you're creating the home for the Villagers yourself. If you don't have a vacant home for them, they won't stay.

That's what I've heard, at least. I could be wrong.

That sounds great. Now if only I could vet them first. I don't want any frogs or ducks.