Awoo.

Production Manager on Sonic Mania Adventure confirms new animated series on Instagram

Wraith

I guess it could be a Modern Sonic project, I hope so. But it still odd they haven't confirmed if Sonic Boom was cancelled or getting a season 3.

• Thumbs Up 2

If it's another Classic Sonic animation project, I'm kinda hoping we can get something like Mega Drive where we can see classic characters get to talk. Though I'm also fine with another silent series like Mania Adventures--dialogue or no, that was a fantastic miniseries.

I'm sure this will probably be an animated project for the Adventure/modern half for Sonic, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

On the one hand, that's really nice to hear, I liked Mania Adventures, so I wouldn't mind seeing more of quality animations.

On the other hand tho, I really hope it's something Modern-related. Mostly speaking from personal bias, so you don't need to take me saying this seriously, but I feel like Classic's already been a tiny bit overused with Mania, Forces, Mania Plus and Mania Adventure in just 1 year (not even talking about previous game entries going full-on nostalgia pandering without any sort of subtlety). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Please be Modern, please be Modern, pleeeeease be Modern.

That sad feeling when X is is the only show that’s even remotely close to Modern while Boom is Boom and everything is Classic based.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

That sad feeling when X is is the only show that’s even remotely close to Modern

Yeah, and imo, it's not even that good of a show.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

13 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It focused way to much time on characters that weren't even Sonic game characters, that's why Season 3 was the best because the focus was shifted back to the Sonic game characters.

Other than that we need more media about Modern Sonic (hopefully the film will and most likely will be Modern) because they've been using Classic Sonic like crazy recently and I think it's time for a break and get back to Modern Sonic (and maybe one more season of Sonic Boom).

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

No sonic cartoon is that good of a show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yknow what id personally love? If each episode was a short abridged version of one of the mainline sonic games, with the mania adventures flare to it, leading up to a new game reveal

• Fist Bump 1

Not surprised, because of this:

If they see there is demand, obviously they will make more, so I'm leaning towards it being a classic series, although Modern would be good too. I don't know, I like both honestly, so I'll be happy. I'm just... very surprised it was announced like this, on instagram!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I noticed that the original post has been edited to now omit the information about the new series...

I totally don't think we were supposed to know about it lol

ORIGINAL POST SCREENCAP:

DnER4ezVsAAOh86.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess it’s time to start reciting the final rites for Sonic Boom right now...

Again, i’d like a modern series, but wouldn’t mind more of Classic.

• Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Please no more Classic

Tbh I'm thinking the same. 

Honestly it's mostly because I quite dislike Classic Amy's design. She's a 8 year old and pink sonic in a tutu, she's not going to be interesting at all.

4 minutes ago, Unknown User said:

Tbh I'm thinking the same. 

Honestly it's mostly because I quite dislike Classic Amy's design. She's a 8 year old and pink sonic in a tutu, she's not going to be interesting at all.

I have nothing against Classic Sonic. But can we all agree to this comment here? Even SEGA seems to agree by not using her classic design much.

2 minutes ago, I Love Sticks said:

I have nothing against Classic Sonic. But can we all agree to this comment here? Even SEGA seems to agree by not using her classic design much.

Huh, I disagree, personally.

I really like the old design of Amy. Current Amy is just... boring with nothing unique/special to her look. At least back then she had a cute outfit that made her stand out.

It gives her personality.

That's my swing on it at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

She will be a statue for GNF toys (and I'm going to buy it to complete the collection) but that's it for now, I guess it's too early to say. I still dislike her, for reasons:

1. Ugly design, not because she is very similar to Sonic but that too

2. Not a main character in the classic games (90s, not talking about Mania)

3. She's a damsel in distress... okay? I guess that may not be enough to criticize, because we haven't seen much of her in past titles, if explored I'm sure she could be good, see the Mega Drive comic book, I'm still not a fan of her, but her character in general could be fleshed out like Mighty and Ray who have been given the chance.

These are my 2 cents. Meanwhile Modern Amy may be super obsessed (but not anymore? Talking about Lost World and Forces, she was still into Sonic but more generic token girl IMO), but she's also very friendly, polite but with a temper, energetic and irreverent like Sonic, independent in the comics and in the Adventure series. I know it changes every game due to different writing, but that's mostly it.

18 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

Huh, I disagree, personally.

I really like the old design of Amy. Current Amy is just... boring with nothing unique/special to her look. At least back then she had a cute outfit that made her stand out.

It gives her personality.

That's my swing on it at least.

You think Classic Amy is the best design of her until you realize she had better and cooler designs.

This is how she looked in the manga.

Related image

Image result for amy rose manga

Pretty much different looking from Sonic overall. Then SEGA takes her in the games and downgrades her design (and age) into a pink Sonic clone with a weird clashing palette

Image result for amy rose classic

Sometimes comic artists drew her in a way that was better than what we got

Image result for freedom fighters fleetway

Related image 

(even standard classic amy is way, way better with upturned quills simply because it doesn't look like sonic)

Then we get this, which IS pretty boring to be fair, and her quills don't even look like a hedgehog's, but it's a thousand times better than the "8 year old pink Sonic in a tutu" garbage. 

Related image

But imo this (fan-made) design is the best looking I've seen for her since it combines her classic design with more maturity than her modern.

Art commission stream

Anyyyyyyyyyyyway..

6 minutes ago, I Love Sticks said:

She will be a statue for GNF toys (and I'm going to buy it to complete the collection) but that's it for now, I guess it's too early to say. I still dislike her, for reasons:

1. Ugly design, not because she is very similar to Sonic but that too

2. Not a main character in the classic games (90s, not talking about Mania)

3. She's a damsel in distress... okay? I guess that may not be enough to criticize, because we haven't seen much of her in past titles, if explored I'm sure she could be good, see the Mega Drive comic book, I'm still not a fan of her, but her character in general could be fleshed out like Mighty and Ray who have been given the chance.

These are my 2 cents. Meanwhile Modern Amy may be super obsessed (but not anymore? Talking about Lost World and Forces, she was still into Sonic but more generic token girl IMO), but she's also very friendly, polite but with a temper, energetic and irreverent like Sonic, independent in the comics and in the Adventure series. I know it changes every game due to different writing, but that's mostly it.

I don't dislike her,  Sega Classic Amy's design is just boring and ugly. I don't like her being a child and I don't like her looking like Sonic in a dress. I wonder why the only female character has to be 8, you know?

Looking forward to seeing this. I'd greatly prefer modern, but am expecting more classic. Mania Adventures was great so this will be hype either way. Just please don't be anything like Boom.

PS: Sonic X was awesome.

PSS: Both of Amy's game designs are great. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1