Awoo.

Production Manager on Sonic Mania Adventure confirms new animated series on Instagram

Wraith

I just hope whatever series this'll be... I hope it isn't Classic.

After Mania, Forces, Mania and... Mania, I'm kinda sick of him at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

How is age a problem? Isn't Tails 8 too?

Anyway, I agree with boring design, both Classic and Modern, I don't really like her and I compare her with the other hedgehog characters such as Shadow and Silver.

I prefer each character to cover a different species for variety's sake (the only exception I can tolerate is Big the Cat and Blaze, because even if they are both cats, they are completely different design wise and probably Big the Cat represents Maine Coon, a specific species of cat that Blaze is not part of).

Anyway, I hope it's something modern-related too, Classic Sonic has been overused and I'm sick of him being everywhere. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one.

15 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'm never going to understand this mindset; we practically only just got classic Sonic back after years of modern only, how can anyone be more sick of the former than the latter?

they like the latter more than the former would be my guess

• Thumbs Up 8

13 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Surprised to hear there's word of another animated series so soon. I guess Mania Adventures' success really sent a positive message. Hard to predict which Sonic it'll be about; they might want to stick with what's worked and not risk ruining a good thing, or they might want to harness the talent and goodwill to help the main series. Either way I'm interested in seeing where it goes, though I'm personally hoping they expand on the classic dimension.

I'm never going to understand this mindset; we practically only just got classic Sonic back after years of modern only, how can anyone be more sick of the former than the latter?

There was also Generations six years before this, and plenty of comics, merch, and re-releases. Plus all the false starts and references.

30 minutes ago, Iko said:

How is age a problem? Isn't Tails 8 too?

Anyway, I agree with boring design, both Classic and Modern, I don't really like her and I compare her with the other hedgehog characters such as Shadow and Silver.

I prefer each character to cover a different species for variety's sake (the only exception I can tolerate is Big the Cat and Blaze, because even if they are both cats, they are completely different design wise and probably Big the Cat represents Maine Coon, a specific species of cat that Blaze is not part of).

Anyway, I hope it's something modern-related too, Classic Sonic has been overused and I'm sick of him being everywhere. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one.

1) Tails used to be 11.

2) Kid characters that act like kids in a series that is supposed to be a slightly edgy (the original meaning, not the "CRINGE LOLZ" meaning), action-adventure series is unnecessary. Tails at least acts like a 16 year old, every other child character in Sonic acts like a child.

3) What do you think is a good female character design for Sonic then?

Even though I KNOW it's unlikely as heck... like, not even a snowball's chance in hell... I'd love it if it were a continuation/retelling-of-Forces cartoon. With the 'main' red wolf guy and other avatar characters and Infinite, as well as all of the canon characters from the game. Maybe flesh out the skimpy story from the game, explain stuff that really needed more elaboration...

That... would be my dream Sonic cartoon at the moment. *W*

But yeah, I know it ain't gonna happen. xDD It'll probably be Classic Sonic if I had to guess, based on how well-received Mania Adventures was. I dunno. -shrugs-

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Even though I KNOW it's unlikely as heck... like, not even a snowball's chance in hell... I'd love it if it were a continuation/retelling-of-Forces cartoon. With the 'main' red wolf guy and other avatar characters and Infinite, as well as all of the canon characters from the game. Maybe flesh out the skimpy story from the game, explain stuff that really needed more elaboration...

That... would be my dream Sonic cartoon at the moment. *W*

But yeah, I know it ain't gonna happen. xDD It'll probably be Classic Sonic if I had to guess, based on how well-received Mania Adventures was. I dunno. -shrugs-

Plus some cameos from the IDW comic for the sake of cross-promotion.

21 minutes ago, Wraith said:

they like the latter more than the former would be my guess

That does play a part, although my liking of the Modern games over the Classic games is very slight. I barely like one over the other as I grew up with both at around the same time. A point is made that Modern has been used quite a lot for years, which makes for a counterarguement.

Guess more of my issue is simply because I personally think Classic Sonic should be more of an event. A once in a blue moon appearance like Generations then a constantly domineering presence.

I get that the critical reception of Mania means Sega should squeeze every bit of profitability out of Classic dry, but I personally don't want it that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol 

I'm sorta liking and hating how Sonic is becoming more of a TV show and animated series than a game

Boom was not that bad. I'd say it had it took one step backwards and two step forward in what I'd expect from a Sonic TV show nowadays.

Sonic Mania Adventures was cool but I wasn't that hooked to the story since it was supposed to be only simplified shorts. If they can pull off some cool story arcs and characterisations in this one, I think I'm all for it, humm...

EDIT: Wait, is this supposed to be like a TV animated and episodic show? Or a limited series with some closed little episodes? 

Character ages in Sonic are arbitrary and irrelevant; as for Amy, I don't mind either of her official designs, but I think it's possible to conceive of superior designs.

42 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I mean, it is true that there "isn't any official news".  Merely unofficial news which was accidentally let slip.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, this is a pleasant suprise. Especially so soon. Good to see SEGA recognising it's success and the great work by the team behind Adventures. Can't blame SEGA for wanting to capitalise on it's success.

Wonder if we'll get longer episodes this time (assuming it'll be episodic whatever it's about) and whether it'll be uploaded to youtube for free like with Adventures. 

Maybe it will be linked to an upcoming game in 2019 or 2020???

Exciting stuff!

1 hour ago, Failinhearts said:

I just hope whatever series this'll be... I hope it isn't Classic.

After Mania, Forces, Mania and... Mania, I'm kinda sick of him at this point.

I was sick of classic being bad, like he was in Forces. However, he was brilliant in Mania & Mania Adventures and I've no problem with seeing more classic as long as it's done right.

However, I'm not fussed if this time it's Modern Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Surprised to hear there's word of another animated series so soon. I guess Mania Adventures' success really sent a positive message. Hard to predict which Sonic it'll be about; they might want to stick with what's worked and not risk ruining a good thing, or they might want to harness the talent and goodwill to help the main series. Either way I'm interested in seeing where it goes, though I'm personally hoping they expand on the classic dimension.

I mean, he's been second fiddle in the modern games too so I wouldn't doubt that being part of it. Personally speaking I wish we'd drop the classic and modern distinctions in general so this wouldn't be an argument but unfortunately Sega see's it differently.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, FFWF said:

Character ages in Sonic are arbitrary and irrelevant; as for Amy, I don't mind either of her official designs, but I think it's possible to conceive of superior designs.

I mean, it is true that there "isn't any official news".  Merely unofficial news which was accidentally let slip.

It's not arbitrary when most of the kids who are kids act like one lol

31 minutes ago, Unknown User said:

1) Tails used to be 11.

2) Kid characters that act like kids in a series that is supposed to be a slightly edgy (the original meaning, not the "CRINGE LOLZ" meaning), action-adventure series is unnecessary. Tails at least acts like a 16 year old, every other child character in Sonic acts like a child.

3) What do you think is a good female character design for Sonic then?

I disagree about age, to me as long as a character is well written it doesn't matter how old he/she is.

To reply to your point 3, I think Blaze has the best design, if we are talking only about character design.

If we are talking about characters in general, I'm fine with Blaze and Cream, and Rouge too (she's growing on me recently, especially after they announced her in Team Sonic Racing before Amy, and she has been "the female of the group" for a while, showing that she can take that role just as much as Amy and perform as well as her, if not better).

Honestly, I prefer any other female character over Amy, even minor ones such as Marine, Wave, and those from Boom and IDW (Tangle and Sticks); I think Amy is an extremely overrated sonic recolor/shipping material.

• Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, Iko said:

I disagree about age, to me as long as a character is well written it doesn't matter how old he/she is.

To reply to your point 3, I think Blaze has the best design, if we are talking only about character design.

If we are talking about characters in general, I'm fine with Blaze and Cream, and Rouge too (she's growing on me recently, especially after they announced her in Team Sonic Racing before Amy, and she has been "the female of the group" for a while, showing that she can take that role just as much as Amy and perform as well as her, if not better).

Honestly, I prefer any other female character over Amy, even minor ones such as Marine, Wave, and those from Boom and IDW (Tangle and Sticks); I think Amy is an extremely overrated sonic recolor/shipping material.

>Marine, Wave, Tangle, Cream

Image result for disgust meme

Anyway, you could have at least said "I'm a manchild who hates fictional characters" and that would have sufficed.

5 minutes ago, Iko said:

@Unknown User or I could have just ignored your question since it only lead to a troll post without any (not offensive) content outside of "my opinion is better than yours".

Yeah nah, you're obviously one of those stunted development weirdos who are strange enough to hate a fictional character from a cartoon hedgehog series. It's weird how you people always target female characters for this sort of hate.

3 hours ago, Unknown User said:

Tbh I'm thinking the same. 

Honestly it's mostly because I quite dislike Classic Amy's design. She's a 8 year old and pink sonic in a tutu, she's not going to be interesting at all.

Only because you hate a specific version of a character doesn't make you not hating a fictional character.

And please stop being offensive and be civil, we're talking about fictional characters indeed, attacking people personally is way more childish than disliking a character, that's something perfectly normal when we are talking about subjective stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll never understand the vehement hatred people have for Classic/Modern designs. And I'm talking art design here. I personally prefer the Classic designs and the Mickey Mouse aesthetic, but the differences are so minor between designs that I just can't comprehend how some people get so angry about one particular look.

• Thumbs Up 6