Awoo.

Production Manager on Sonic Mania Adventure confirms new animated series on Instagram

Wraith

4 hours ago, Cuz said:

937231726_SonicScreenSaverAmy.png.f7725bbaa48136891c6d731a11fec8d9.png

Always preferred this render to that one, it doesn't take much to differentiate her from a Sonic clone. Archie tended to shorten her spikes and I particularly like how StC takes to styling them upwards. Here I realized there probably only angled that way for implied motion but it always stuck with me.

I understand that the StC design for Amy was based on a legitimate misinterpretation of that piece of art - but for what it's worth, I always felt they got it right.  The upwards-angled spines tied Amy very clearly to her species by a design commonality with Sonic, whilst giving her a totally unique shape and silhouette.  I've always been disappointed that Modern Amy bears more of a resemblance to Knuckles than Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

20 hours ago, Mayor D said:

YxhCJAR.jpg

It's obvious Webber is just trying to remove any attention away from something that wasn't labeled ``official", like he did with the new Sonic racing game for example. He said there wasn't new game being made when there clearly was because of the toys that got leaked for it.

This is the same thing almost all companies/studios do, they mistakenly reveal something and then have to remove or edit the post/page. Like the recent leak of the release date for the Sly Cooper TV Show over on PGS Entertainments Website. Then after a few days Sly was removed entirely, then restored with no release date. Plus they were so worried about that, they didn't even bother fixing spelling errors or Bentley's 3rd arm.

Anyways same thing here with Sega.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Yeah I agree , Webber would be better off at a this stage just saying nothing because every time he does say something it just brings more attention to it anyway and we end up with these discussions............ ahhhhh hang on a minute.

• Thumbs Up 6

On 9/14/2018 at 4:24 PM, Wraith said:

Probably gonna be another miniseries, but still. Seems this went under the radar. Amy is in the hashtag if you want to stretch things, but there's not a lot of information other than...it's happening!

Didn't expect Sega to let another project go into production this soon. Sonic Mania Adventures must have been a big success for them. I...also doubt we were supposed to know about this this soon, so if it disappears I saved a screencap just in case

Edit: yeah she edited the post. Screencap:

unknown.png

Yes! I hope a new Sonic show happens.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, FFWF said:

I understand that the StC design for Amy was based on a legitimate misinterpretation of that piece of art - but for what it's worth, I always felt they got it right.  The upwards-angled spines tied Amy very clearly to her species by a design commonality with Sonic, whilst giving her a totally unique shape and silhouette.  I've always been disappointed that Modern Amy bears more of a resemblance to Knuckles than Sonic.

Honestly, I never really liked the upward spines. It created a weird commonality between her and Super Sonic. But I guess if Shadow will never be in Classic Sonic media, might as well let Amy have it

• Thumbs Up 2

I would like it to be Modern...but then I remember the ball and chain modernisms that are stuck to modern Sonic as of late so it spooks me away from wanting that. I want to like the modern series again but it'd need an overhaul to make that work.

Though if this does confirm the end of Boom, not saying it has, but if it does, I'll be there.....too piss on the grave....and then set that grave on fire 😁

7 minutes ago, Scape said:

Honestly, I never really liked the upward spines. It created a weird commonality between her and Super Sonic. But I guess if Shadow will never be in Classic Sonic media, might as well let Amy have it

If I'm honest, I don't think StC Amy's upwards spines bear any particular resemblance to Super Sonic's or Shadow's; Amy's pointed directly upwards, while theirs still go backwards and merely twist up a little at the end, or go diagonally up and back at most.  I agree that it would be weird if they looked similar, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Where do you want to see this potential cartoon airing? My dream would be Netflix, it'd be more accessible to people. (And I definitely don't want to see Sonic on CN again).

• Thumbs Up 3

Don’t know why Amy is debated when she’s practically confirmed anyway via hashtag.

That said, don’t like her Classic design either and prefer her Modern look, it can be argued that it’s outdated due to having an 90s Pop aesthetic with the 60s Go-Go boots but at this point, the look kinda defines her anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

My baseless guess: animated tie-in for Sonic Mania 2, with Amy being a new playable character. Sega's fixation of "Modern" and "Classic" universes makes me certain that at the very minimum, there must be some kind of Mania followup in the works, hopefully one being led by Mania's original team. I think Amy was left out of Plus because they want her presence to be in a bigger sequel, not in a DLC pack. Another series, perhaps several episodes longer, with it all serving as a prelude to Mania 2's plot.

Just my speculation and guess work.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

Where do you want to see this potential cartoon airing? My dream would be Netflix, it'd be more accessible to people. (And I definitely don't want to see Sonic on CN again).

Probably going to be on streaming, like Netflix and Hulu. Sega might not trust TV channels any more, given the neglect of Boom.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very good news even if it wasn't 100% official yet. This is something I wished to happen after Mania Adventures. I hope they keep the same art style / CD animations style and have longer episodes. Man, I wish this means we'll see a sequel in a year or two.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

How is Netflix more accessible than Youtube?

• Promotion 1

24 minutes ago, Marcello said:

How is Netflix more accessible than Youtube?

I believe he's talking about the (wildly presumptuous and utterly outlandish) possibility that this is going to be a full length series and not just free shorts like Mania Adventures.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Probably going to be on streaming, like Netflix and Hulu. Sega might not trust TV channels any more, given the neglect of Boom.

I sure hope they don't trust them anymore after the CN flop. Anyway, I guess we should speculate whether it's gonna be a full series or more web shorts... I don't know, my opinion still stands as "if you want to dream, dream big".

I don't care if it's gonna be another short webseries, but if it is then I hope we get full 11 minutes episodes, but I wish the same if it's gonna be a full series, 11 minutes is enough for each ep. , what it needs is a continuous plot, divided into sagas (if it's a proper series). If it's a webseries, 10-13 episodes can be enough. But it's gotta be bigger than what we got with Mania Adventures. People are still asking for a full series, but it may be too soon after Boom? I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

I sure hope they don't trust them anymore after the CN flop. Anyway, I guess we should speculate whether it's gonna be a full series or more web shorts... I don't know, my opinion still stands as "if you want to dream, dream big".

I don't care if it's gonna be another short webseries, but if it is then I hope we get full 11 minutes episodes, but I wish the same if it's gonna be a full series, 11 minutes is enough for each ep. , what it needs is a continuous plot, divided into sagas (if it's a proper series). If it's a webseries, 10-13 episodes can be enough. But it's gotta be bigger than what we got with Mania Adventures. People are still asking for a full series, but it may be too soon after Boom? I don't know.

Maybe Disney XD... they've been extremely supportive of Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch.

On 9/15/2018 at 5:27 AM, VEDJ-F said:

Classic Amy looks like her pallette was chosen to show off the power of the Mega CD and how much colour fidelity it had. 

Then Miyake had to do the same for Chaotix and the 32X and went "hey why not a chameleon to do that". 

shamameleon

The main reason I want this to be a Modern Sonic series is to show SEGA, in a bold way, that Modern Sonic stories can absolutely be done right. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...