Awoo.

Revive One, Banish Another

Myst

I'd make SatAM and AoStH characters reappear in whatever is the next classic media, even a game, since they appeared in Spinball and Mean Bean Machine, they are technically forgotten material. Plus the classic branch needs more characters.

My point about Big still stands, but I actually had an idea for a fun 2D fangame with him, heavy platforming, where you could use his rod with different power ups and elements, as a fire rod, as a hook etc. If that came true it would be fun.

I didn't say anything about Sticks because I didn't want to sound biased, but I consider her and Cream sort of retired, I don't know if there is a place for them in main games, I think they can fit in spin-offs. As for cartoons, I doubt it because they both had their chance with Boom and X, and that's done.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ruomarta said:

First off, what's up everybody! New to the SSMB community and I hope we get along.

Now back on topic. I with Blue Blood. Get rid of that abomination they call Tails now and bring back Adventure Tails.

I wish that SEGA once more cared about him more than a cash cow on his anniversaries (i.e. Filling the online shop with items of him) and the one-time re-release of Tail Adventure on the 3ds E-Shop  These things were great, but he needs more love...  Luigi got a whole year devoted to him.   Can't Tails just have more attention?

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Banish Fails724062A0-AD89-4619-A0C8-E1D6D3053BD6.thumb.jpeg.56e643c7f9a57a3e3fb3c8c340084d7e.jpeg

Revive Tails

76373CC5-ADAC-4117-82EA-28EA26927966.jpeg.67775a9e36668b98fa2fcb2265ee695e.jpeg

SOMEONE SEND THIS TO SONIC TEAM AND SEGA PLEASE!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I grew up with the games only. I'd take the Kukus gladly though.

Sticks is technically a retired character now unless she appears in the IDW comics.

The resistance is big enough (two dozens of characters!) so we don't need to FFs.

Spinball tho. 

Also, why ditch some of these newer characters rather than repair them? And what if some of the Resistance died or turned evil? 

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

Spinball tho. 

Also, why ditch some of these newer characters rather than repair them? And what if some of the Resistance died or turned evil? 

Turning a character evil or killing him/her is a lame excuse to add another character .

• Thumbs Up 1

Revive: The Babylon Rogues - Cool designs, their race has very curious origins (which are expanded a little bit in the Sonic Universe comics) and I loved the interactions between themselves and Sonic.

Banish: Silver the Hedgehog - To me, he is the Waluigi of Sonic. His personality is very meh and doesn't "shine" next to other characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

BANISH: Orbot and Cubot. I never did like them very much. I'm more of a Scratch and Grounder kind of guy as far as "lackeys that constantly fuck up everything" goes. DEFINITELY banish Sticks. My GOD I hate Sticks. And the Deadly Six while on the subject of characters that I absolutely can't stand for the life of me. And honestly? Shadow. As over-done of an argument as it is I still remain firm in my belief that he should've stayed dead after Adventure 2. C'mon, "Shadow is an alien"? That's your excuse to bring him back? What a load of horse crap. And definitely, absolutely, completely banish whatever the hell they've been doing with Tails in recent games.

REVIVE: The Freedom Fighters. It's a real shame things ended the way they did with Archie, especially since the cast they had at the end of their run had a ton of potential to tell some really great stories with. I also think Tiara from X-Treme could be interesting, Honey too. And y'know what? Tails from Adventure/Adventure 2. That's my big revive if I can have absolutely no one else I asked for back.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Hm...

For me personally... bring back Sonia and Manic, banish Mighty and Ray (just ‘cuz I don’t really care about them xD)

Or bring back Elise and see what else can be done with her, and banish Sticks.

6 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Hm...

For me personally... bring back Sonia and Manic, banish Mighty and Ray (just ‘cuz I don’t really care about them xD)

Or bring back Elise and see what else can be done with her, and banish Sticks.

I would rather have Sticks than that emo drama queen . At least Sticks feel that she belongs to Sonic world .

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

I would rather have Sticks than that emo drama queen . At least Sticks feel that she belongs to Sonic world .

-shrugs- Hey, to each their own. I’ve always found Sticks to be incredibly annoying and grating personally.

Banish Cream. But by banish, I mean kind of do what they're doing now. Just have it so that she's still technically around and a character that exists but also not really. 

Revive Haunted House Level themes in Sonic games. I know that's not a "character" but this series has too many characters and I don't want to put more in.

2 minutes ago, blueblur98 said:

banish: jet the hawk

revive: blaze the cat (in mainline games)

Honestly, the only thing that should be replace of Jet the Hawk is his English voice actor, not the character himself.

Of course you know who i will revive

Sally, Bunnie, Antione, Rotor, hell even Dulcy and Uncle Chuck

As for banish.... no

As much I hate the official cast members of Amy Rose, Shadow and Silver there is a way to make them good characters.

Hell even Infinite.

But yes please kill off whiny Tails, Forces screwed up so bad, I love Tails and love his official incarnation but he was so pathetic in forces

Even Cream looks like a bad ass compared to how tails was in forces.

Give me adventure tails any day, hell boom tails is fine too.

• Nice Smile 1

Kind of like the ol' hurt and heal forum games. xD

I'd revive Honey the Cat, Nack/Fang the Weasel,Wolf, Jerboa, Kangaroo (whatever species he wants to be this month), and Chao (gardens).

Banish Zazz, Zavok, and Wisps I suppose, (don't really have an issue with the Wisps, but Chao are so much more involving then anything they've done with Wisps so far).

Banish: the two worlds bull that they've come up with after Unleashed. Make it like how Archie does it post reboot.

Revive: Sonic Battle. Nuffsaid.

13 hours ago, Myst said:

Thought of another one.

Bring back: G.U.N Soldiers

Banish: Wisps

Which one adds something to the Sonic series? And which one doesn't fit Sonic?

23 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

My biggest problem with SA-55 is that he's basically what Lawrence is to Quawk in Ratchet and Clank, in that he spends so much time being outright snide and directly insulting to Eggman that you wonder why the hell the latter, being such a ruthless egotist, puts up with it. I also kinda prefer Orbot's more emotive speaking pattern, even if it maybe too divergent from SA-55's (something like how dub Decoe and Bocoe's voices evolved from robotic to emotional probably would have worked better).

I think a compromise would work, since I like Orbot's more subtle snark and resentment towards the doctor (which is often more founded because he does get pushed around by Eggman a lot first compared to SA-55) but SA-55's more proactive and intellectual involvement in his plans. I know Archie and Boom Orbot dabbled in this a bit. I also liked how Boom Orbot was smart enough to know when Eggman's plans would fail horribly so actually got Sonic to destroy them before they erupted in a far worse manner.

I managed to miss this earlier. Perhaps SA-55 could be a bit too brash, but he was actually beneficial to Eggman by giving him someone competent to bounce off when he was getting flustered or too egotistical. He was on Eggman's side, but still resented him. Orbot just doesn't do anything of benefit. He and Cubot just sit around being lazy and/or stupid, with no interest in Eggman's schemes at all. Cubot is probably the bigger issue here, as he only exists to be a useless lackey for comic relief. Get rid of him, and Orbot will probably be forced to be a better character.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I managed to miss this earlier. Perhaps SA-55 could be a bit too brash, but he was actually beneficial to Eggman by giving him someone competent to bounce off when he was getting flustered or too egotistical. He was on Eggman's side, but still resented him. Orbot just doesn't do anything of benefit. He and Cubot just sit around being lazy and/or stupid, with no interest in Eggman's schemes at all. Cubot is probably the bigger issue here, as he only exists to be a useless lackey for comic relief. Get rid of him, and Orbot will probably be forced to be a better character.

I think keeping Cubot would have made more sense because he's a stupider character that was supposed to make Orbot look more diligent, but oddly they don't play on that as much in terms of their assisting Eggman.

I guess Orbot has more substance in Boom in that he resents Eggman because he mistreats him and doesn't appreciate the work he DOES contribute and when he does try to please him, while SA-55 just seems to have an 'Oh boy, how did I get stuck with this loser?' type impudence about him provoked or not, with Eggman rarely effectively retaliating to this, making the doctor look like a clueless pushover to his own creation. Whenever Eggman brushed Orbot off or treated him as an indispensable piece of metal in Boom, I felt sorry for him, it was easy to believe at one point he was genuinely loyal and respectful but Eggman's nasty treatment slowly wore him down, thus you rooted whenever he got to laugh back at the doctor whenever things backfired onto him. Just that 'he does at least TRY first' aspect of him doesn't exist as much in the games. 

Plus I liked Orbot and Cubot occasionally having actual physical involvement in some schemes, if rather ineffectually, much like the traditional 'goon duo' we see in many versions of Sonic, again something that grounds his annoyance with Eggman more because he makes him do his dirty work (it also gives Eggman a more dangerous retaliation, when Orbot starts snarking in Colours, Eggman more effectively shuts him up than he did SA-55 by basically going "Fine, if you're smarter than me, then YOU can do the next part!").

Blend Orbot's more justifiably frustrated personality and involvement with SA-55's more developed intellectual contribution and 'straight man' role and you have a decent right hand man for the doctor.

51 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

SA-55 just seems to have an 'Oh boy, how did I get stuck with this loser?' type impudence about him provoked or not, with Eggman rarely effectively retaliating to this, making the doctor look like a clueless pushover to his own creation. 

This is exactly why I hated OrBot in Unleashed. Then they added the annoyingly stupid and infantile CuBot to pair him with in Colors. They're overly simplistic designs don't exactly endear me to them either.

Scratch and Grounder (while never in the games) were a much more likable pair of buffoons, as they often used violent slapstick on each other. Their sibling rivalry is also pretty darn hilarious too. They literally think of Eggman as their daddy and that's just really funny to me.

Scratch: 'He made ME first! I'M his favorite!'

Grounder: 'Yeah? I got more accessories! He likes me best! Nyah!'

-Scratch kicks rock at Grounder-

Grounder: YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!

Robotnik: STOP IT!

With OrBot and CuBot you don't get the violent fights and bickering. Even Sonic goes easy on them. (whereas with Scratch & Grounder, Sonic would often leave the two in pieces.)

14 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

Which one adds something to the Sonic series? And which one doesn't fit Sonic?

G.U.N Soldiers are directly tied to Shadow's backstory (And if you take Gerald and Maria into account, then Eggman too) they expand the world/lore of Sonic. They have their own band of weapons and robots completely separate from Eggman, making them a formidable force.

While they're mainly on the side of good, they've gone after both Sonic & Shadow in the past, making them a powerful group of adversaries. With mysterious facilities like Prison Island, the ARK, and the base where Shadow was housed in, there's lot of mystery and opportunity for exciting storylines with G.U.N involved.

'06 implied Shadow had become recruited as a James Bond style agent for G.U.N, to go after Eggman. That was really interesting. Would've liked to have seen that explored a bit more.

Wisps (outside of Colors) had no real purpose from a storytelling standpoint. There was no reason for them in Lost World or Forces. They were just.. There. I don't like their designs much, either. Chao are much more charming.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Myst said:

This is exactly why I hated OrBot in Unleashed. Then they added the annoyingly stupid and infantile CuBot to pair him with in Colors. They're overly simplistic designs don't exactly endear me to them either.

Scratch and Grounder (while never in the games) were a much more likable pair of buffoons, as they often used violent slapstick on each other. Their sibling rivalry is also pretty darn hilarious too. They literally think of Eggman as their daddy and that's just really funny to me.

I agree with you there! No matter which version of them we talk about... Orbot & Cubot just are boring mostly useless lackeys that you don't even get to fight ever or have any other point in the gameplay or stories at all. While Scratch & Grounder may not appeal to everybody... but I find them far more entertaining and at least you can actually imagine silly boss fights happening with them if they where in the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

On defense of Scratch and Grounder: they have interesting designs, and they are different from one another, in fact I could see them back as lackeys for the classic series. Orbot and Cubot are still more entertaining.

The Wisps add a lot of variety to gameplay, and that's what matters. While GUN is mostly useless now, except maybe in the movie? It could have some fit in there, it's definitely tied to Shadow's backstory as well... and that's why I say forget about it, Shadow has interesting personality but his backstory is his weakest feature, he even decided to move on so unless they want to expand and use their lore, I doubt there is a place for GUN anymore in the games.