Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed made Sonic Advance 3 a plot hole?!

Chao

Oh, the series definitely has a loose continuity. But to say there's no continuity whatsoever is dumb.

I've had one person tell me that Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog are proof of zero continuity; because Shadow died in SA2, and he's alive in Heroes and Shadow, there's no continuity there. Even though Shadow's survival was an actual plot point that was addressed in the games.

Not to mention the Shadow Androids had a role in the following game.

If Shadow popped up in Sonic Heroes for no reason, and absolutely no reference to the fact that he was dead, that'd be one thing... but he didn't. Everyone was surprised to see Shadow alive. That IS continuity.

I do agree that the Sonic series has a "loose" continuity. But it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I really liked Sonic Chronicles' emphasis on continuity - its storyline draws heavily from Sonic Adventure and Sonic Battle, and there's even a Codex that describes all of the relevant plot points from previous games.

The whole Angel Island story has been really expanded on - to the point where I think, with the Chronicles series, it's about as developed as it'll get. I'd actually like to see some development of a few other classic stories - anyone remember the legend of Westside Island? The island was once home to a flourishing civilization that used the Chaos Emeralds' power to further themselves - and this led to greed, prompting the gods to reclaim and seal away the Emeralds.

I'd love to see this story expanded or referenced in a future game. Then again, there is the issue of the Chaos Emeralds seemingly being on Westside Island ever since the gods sealed them away, and still there when Sonic arrives, disregarding all of their affiliation with the Echidnas...but there could be a work-around, like having the Westside islanders finding the Emeralds after the Echidnas had already vanished, or something. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the specifics of some of the older Sonic stories, though, so if I'm getting anything incorrect, feel free to fill me in. Actually, now that I'm saying all this, a complete history/timeline of the use of the Chaos Emeralds would be very interesting. :)

(Spoilers are for Sonic Chronicles) Despite the whole

civilization punished by god(s)

thing, I don't think they'll develop this particular story in Sonic Chronicles 2, though, since this doesn't appear to be a

Twilight Cage

situation.

The game doesn't say anything about the civilization disappearing - only the Chaos Emeralds.

Then again, they could always end up working it in somehow...

I never knew that happened in SAdv3 as well, I never liked the game too much to get very far into the game because it doesn't say anything about that at the beginning (no flaming plz, since I know most of you people are obsessed with that game).

I never knew that happened in SAdv3 as well, I never liked the game too much to get very far into the game because it doesn't say anything about that at the beginning (no flaming plz, since I know most of you people are obsessed with that game).

Way to flame SAdv3 fans but not let them flame you back. :/ No need to be so defensive about not liking SAdv3. You can't force someone to like a game, unless that game is GTA, the gaming media basically shove that one down your throat until you like it *ahem*.

Way to flame SAdv3 fans but not let them flame you back. :/ No need to be so defensive about not liking SAdv3. You can't force someone to like a game, unless that game is GTA, the gaming media basically shove that one down your throat until you like it *ahem*.

I wasn't trying to flame, seriously.