Awoo.

Telltale Games shuts down (UPDATE: all remaining Telltale games to be delisted on May 27th)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So update, if there’s any games you’re interested in but holding out on getting, you might want to get it. Telltale Games have started the delisting process with Walking Dead, Back to the Future, and Tales of Monkey Island getting delisted from digital storefronts.

For anything I’d recommend, Sam and Max, and Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Awesome People are both great games, and likely both will be immensely difficult to get after delisting due to the only physical editions being the ones Telltale made nearly a decade ago and sold out long ago for season owners.

Telltale’s closure is another striking and shocking blow against the digital future we seem to be heading towards. So many games just suddenly gone.

Wow, that's pretty sad seeing how Telltale Games can't even keep their games up on digital storefronts. I sure hope that the staff at Steam can figure out some workaround to assure their games won't disappear for good. Otherwise, how will people enjoy their games?

Anyways, this whole situation with Telltale Games closing down is tragic. Even though I haven't played The Walking Dead yet, it's still sad to see the company go.

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Well, the community stopped functioning last night around 8 it seems. 

oof

Still, didn't anyone notice that the Telltale Twitter was repurposed for a TWD Game account?

Just now, MarioAmigosYT said:

oof

Still, didn't anyone notice that the Telltale Twitter was repurposed for a TWD Game account?

Oh shit, for real? 

Damn!

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Well, the community stopped functioning last night around 8 it seems. 

Makes sense, I believe they were planning to shut down the site, and were giving warnings to download any purchased games before it happens.

It fucking sucks, it also means there’s games you can never get back again, including Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Makes sense, I believe they were planning to shut down the site, and were giving warnings to download any purchased games before it happens.

It fucking sucks, it also means there’s games you can never get back again, including Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures.

Oh man, sorry to here that.

With me personally, not only was I in the middle of reviewing Episode 2 of Batman The Enemy Within  when I noticed the drafts weren't saving even after reconnecting, but there were writeups there I wanted to copy that the Wayback Machine isn't reaching far back enough for me to retrieve. I'm just stuck getting what fragments I can make pop up in a Google Search.

EDIT: Holy shit, I found a way!

GOG.com is delisting all remaining Telltale games on May 27th. It's safe to assume that this will apply to other storefronts such as Steam and PSN.

1pQR3gf.png

TWD is currently on EGS and is owned by Skybound Games, so it will remain unaffected by the takedowns.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing it confirmed that Sam & Max and Strong Bad is as good as gone stings, was hoping they'd remain through Disney/the original creators retrospectively.

If anyone hasn't, I'd absolutely recommend Sam & Max, Strong Bad, and Hector Badge of Carnage.

Also, don't sleep on Puzzle Agent. I picked up both games based on Ross's Game Dungeon video, and he had nothing but glowing praise for the first game.

It's like Fargo mixed with Gravity Falls, and it plays like Professor Layton. It's the kind of game I would have loved back then if I had paid more attention to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I decided to download and play the final two episodes of the final season of TWD. 

May as well spoiler tag:

Spoiler

As an overall season it was pretty unremarkable (probably the weakest). Just the same old gameplay and boring story. Season 1 with Lee is by far the best.

When I played the final episode I didn't realise that Rosie (AJ's dog) automatically grabs Clem's cap which was floating down the river. I kept restarting trying to collect it with AJ thinking I'd missed my chance (as I didn't realise AJ always automatically fails to grab it). 

I'm happy with the ending. I thought they'd go with a similar fate for Clementine as Lee got at the end of season 1. I really thought she was dead. Glad they didn't kill-off Clem. Instead she just lost the lower part of her left leg.

Image result for telltale the walking dead clementine loses leg

Edit:

Skybound is doing a definitve edition with improved visuals featuring all four seasons:

https://www.skybound.com/telltales-the-walking-dead-the-definitive-series

18 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

I decided to download and play the final two episodes of the final season of TWD. 

May as well spoiler tag:

Hide contents

As an overall season it was pretty unremarkable (probably the weakest). Just the same old gameplay and boring story. Season 1 with Lee is by far the best.

When I played the final episode I didn't realise that Rosie (AJ's dog) automatically grabs Clem's cap which was floating down the river. I kept restarting trying to collect it with AJ thinking I'd missed my chance (as I didn't realise AJ always automatically fails to grab it). 

I'm happy with the ending. I thought they'd go with a similar fate for Clementine as Lee got at the end of season 1. I really thought she was dead. Glad they didn't kill-off Clem. Instead she just lost the lower part of her left leg.

Image result for telltale the walking dead clementine loses leg

Yeah, ultimately glad I couldn't get the original retail version.

Spoiler

I and several others felt she should've been determinant, though.

14 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Here's some comparison shots on that Definitive version, btw.

Reveal hidden contents

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Wow, the screenshots are low res... I mean, I can expect them to be better in-game but, wow.

Just now, MarioAmigosYT said:

Wow, the screenshots are low res... I mean, I can expect them to be better in-game but, wow.

Don't you love how ANF's is like, "Sick of so much brown? Well here's cyan!"

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Don't you love how ANF's is like, "Sick of so much brown? Well here's cyan!"

A completely unnecessary change but what can you do?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I kept forgetting to say something because my memory can fleet sometimes and this wasn't coming up when convenient, but the Community just sorta stopped being able to be posted on for however many days or even weeks it's been and apparently finally started working again this morning.

My goodness, what a ride.

• 2 months later...

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/lcg-entertainment-revives-telltale-games

It seems we have our rising from the ashes situation. I personally was expecting something like this, though i thought THQ Nordic would have been the aquiring company.  No idea what this LCG Entertainment is.

For now i'm guessing they'll just re-list digital versions of most of the series, but if this means we're finally getting The Wolf Among Us S2, sign me up.

19 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/lcg-entertainment-revives-telltale-games

It seems we have our rising from the ashes situation. I personally was expecting something like this, though i thought THQ Nordic would have been the aquiring company.  No idea what this LCG Entertainment is.

For now i'm guessing they'll just re-list digital versions of most of the series, but if this means we're finally getting The Wolf Among Us S2, sign me up.

Personally, I’m hoping for Sam & Max Season 4. I’d imagine TTG lost all of their licenses after the fallout, and Sam & Max would probably be the easiest to reattain.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Personally, I’m hoping for Sam & Max Season 4. I’d imagine TTG lost all of their licenses after the fallout, and Sam & Max would probably be the easiest to reattain.

This would be the most hopeful one could ever be for ANYTHING.

It just needs to happen, eh.

22 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, actually:

They've already retained the rights for Wolf Among Us and BatmanSo it's safe to assume we're getting sequels to those at the moment until more is revealed.

In an interview with Polygon, Ottilie confirmed that the new business has back-catalog rights to licensed properties The Wolf Among Us and Batman as well as full rights to original Telltale games such as Puzzle Agent. “There are some other expired licenses that we’re looking at,” he said.