Awoo.

What happened to 2 months worth of posts in the TSR topic?

Badnik Mechanic

So I was going through the general Team Sonic Racing topic to try and find something when I discovered something really odd.

The game is leaked on May 30th... here is the page with the first post of the boxart.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/23591-team-sonic-racing-upcoming-sonic-racing-game/?do=findComment&comment=1216330

Then the next few posts are people reacting to the news and screenshots.

Then time suddenly jumps to July 25th!

https://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/23591-team-sonic-racing-upcoming-sonic-racing-game/?do=findComment&comment=1226285

Nearly 2 months worth of content is gone. 

Insert time travel puns below?

Considering there was an announcement of stuff being cleaned up in the topic, it's possible the mods decided to do a general topic clean-up to get rid of the "Mania being the only good Sonic game"/"Classic VS Modern"/"When's Modern gonna get a good game already?" stuff that's pretty unrelated to the topic at hand. 

Just my guess. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Considering there was an announcement of stuff being cleaned up in the topic, it's possible the mods decided to do a general topic clean-up to get rid of the "Mania being the only good Sonic game"/"Classic VS Modern"/"When's Modern gonna get a good game already?" stuff that's pretty unrelated to the topic at hand. 

Just my guess. 

I went through the topic's moderation history myself, it would have noted which posts were removed/who removed them. There is a gap between May 30 and July 26th in there too, and I don't think it's related to the derail I removed yesterday, and I doubt it's related to the mass move of Mania/Forces topics.

It's really weird though. If we had removed nearly two months worth of content, there would be a trail for it and, at least from my end, there doesn't appear to be anything.

EDIT:

To illustrate

unknown.png

I removed the icons and usernames--the moderation history shows us both actions taken by staff when posts are removed and general edits made by anyone who posts in the topic. So either we've had no posts since then, or things went off without a hitch for two months that it didn't require us removing anything or people editing their comments.

Basically, we're as confused as you all are.

Edited by Zaysho
  • Thumbs Up 3

Checking the news archive, we can probably discount the theory that there was simply no discussion on the game during that period; Team Rose was revealed in late June and that certainly sparked debate.  That being the case, it's probably the sort of glitch I've occasionally seen in other forum technologies - where long threads will sometimes swallow the middle pages.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is no way there was no posts in that topic.

There definitely was because I remember making a number of them and there was even a few posts from some users about how they wanted to be a fly on the wall when Aaron Webber got into the office and saw 'what Walmart did.'

So it definitely wasn't dead, and even when stuff has gone really off topic, there's no way 2 months of content would be pruned. Well maybe from the Ken Penders thread but that's always a wild ride.

• Chuckle 1

People have been making topics separate from the main Megathread for news, is it possible that other topics were made for those particular pieces of news?

• Promotion 1

• 4 weeks later...