Awoo.

Leaked AAA Harry Potter RPG

Marcello

Set in the 19th Century (1800's) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant ancient power.

Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins to brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.

On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny - the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.

FEATURES

• Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types
  • Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding world.
  • Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
  • Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time.
  • Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
  • Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films

https://press-start.com.au/news/2018/10/02/footage-of-a-harry-potter-rpg-game-rocksteady-has-apparently-leaked-and-it-looks-sensational/

The footage and description allegedly come from a focus group in the US. The rumored developer (Prior to this leak already) is Avalanche Software, who WB has been beefing up for a AAA game.

The trailer looks amazing. Barring something crazy, I want this day 1. I am slightly disappointed it takes place in the 19th century since I always loved that the series took place in the (semi-)modern day. But it is cool to see the world in a different era.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 1

It sounds like a good game and one I'm sure many have been asking for - no matter what the time period is.

Hopefully it gets an official announcement soon.

I've missed Harry Potter games (especially good Harry Potter games), would be interested to see where this goes. Any idea about thigs that happened around that era?

6 hours ago, DarkRula said:

It sounds like a good game and one I'm sure many have been asking for - no matter what the time period is.

Hopefully it gets an official announcement soon.

Crimes of Grindlewald is in theaters November 16 and Microsoft is having an Xbox even on November 10, so maybe there?

5 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

I've missed Harry Potter games (especially good Harry Potter games), would be interested to see where this goes. Any idea about thigs that happened around that era?

If it takes place in the 1890s, we could meet Dumbledore as a kid.

Always loved Potter and since the books I've always wanted a good Potter game. I hope this end up being something to play.

19 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Crimes of Grindlewald is in theaters November 16 and Microsoft is having an Xbox even on November 10, so maybe there?

That’s likely it, if you look closely, the controls are for Xbox.

Oh god, the game I've been waiting for for years and it's most certainly going to be exclusive to a console I don't own.

This seems cool but the setting means you can't interact with any actual Harry Potter characters and that's not so cool

I didn't want this game to fight dementors or explore the forbidden woods or whatever I just wanted to eat every flavor beans with Neville and Luna

Maybe they'll be able to fill the void with some new characters, that'd be neat. As long as it's not all about action

• Thumbs Up 4

Apparently there's more than one game in the works. I think that's just quoting from when WB said they'd be working on HP games, though.

7 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Is it wrong I think this looks awesome?

Potter Souls?

Highly doubt the game would even begin to be hard honestly.  Souls level? No way

The video leak has been blocked by Warner Bros. for copyright issues. It’s either because this isn’t an official Harry Potter game or the company is just trying to stop the leak from spreading further.

7 hours ago, Bloxxerboy said:

The video leak has been blocked by Warner Bros. for copyright issues. It’s either because this isn’t an official Harry Potter game or the company is just trying to stop the leak from spreading further.

It's usually a sign of authenticity.

Sounds like a decent game, with an interesting setting and synopsis. I'm guessing that starting as a 5th year will be to avoid the tedium of learning Wingardium Leviosa et al for the umpteenth time.

I can see them using child Dumbledore as a main character in this.