Awoo.

Opinion: Annoying Video Game Characters

Blueknight V2.0

Have you ever thought of any video game characters as annoying? Sometimes for me it can ruin the experience if those characters appear frequently or have unskippable cutscenes.

For me it's Charmy Bee, Chip, pre-Colors Tails and pre-Boom and Forces Amy from Sonic. Now I'm unsure why the Zeti are considered annoying when only 1/2 of them are. The only ones that ain't are Zavok, Zazz and Zeena. Then there's Team Jet from Riders, but I've never played those games so I'm unsure about them.

Mz. Ruby and the Grizz from Sly Cooper.

That mystic guy and Mathematician from Ratchet & Clank.

Can't think of any from Crash (of course I didn't play Tag Team Racing or Mind Over Mutant) or original trilogy Spyro. But certain characters from A Hero's Tail were more annoying than the not-annoying characters from the original trilogy. Okay Moneybags isn't that kind of annoying, he's the funny but cheap, blocking path behind fees kind of annoying. As for Legend of Spyro I couldn't find any character that was annoying outside of Sparx in The Eternal Night.

Blobbers from Skylanders Imaginators, which is why I completely avoid starting a battle on the M.A.P.

Ty The Tasmanian Tiger, I can't think of any.

Jak & Daxter I cannot really think of any. If any their just from the first game, but not all of them.

So anyways those are mine, what do you think? What are your annoying characters in video gaming?

1) Why do you even mention games that don't have annoying characters? It's kinda wasting space.

2) Pre-Colors Tails? That your opinion, but that's lengthily amount. I'm even more perplexed by Forces Amy, which of her 5 lines was so terrible?

3) And finally my pick: Fi from Zelda Skyward Sword and Alia from Megaman X (7).  But picking on Tutorial characters is too easy and boring, so I'm going do mention Adam Malkovich (Metroid Other M) for everything he did in this game.

Truth be told, I'm suspecting admins will close this topic. This isn't 'discussion', just listing complains.

55 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

1) Why do you even mention games that don't have annoying characters? It's kinda wasting space.

2) Pre-Colors Tails? That your opinion, but that's lengthily amount. I'm even more perplexed by Forces Amy, which of her 5 lines was so terrible?

3) And finally my pick: Fi from Zelda Skyward Sword and Alia from Megaman X (7).  But picking on Tutorial characters is too easy and boring, so I'm going do mention Adam Malkovich (Metroid Other M) for everything he did in this game.

Truth be told, I'm suspecting admins will close this topic. This isn't 'discussion', just listing complains.

1. I just thought someone else might have a different opinion about characters that I don't consider annoying.

2. Well it mostly had to do with his voice. Which starting with Colors sounds a lot better. I'm not considering Forces Amy as annoying, when I said `` pre" I meant before both Boom and Forces. Actually Forces Amy is a Lot better than in Lost World.

3. Well I would've said Omochao but since you can disable the hints, I didn't even bother.

I just thought it would be interesting to see just how many characters everyone considers annoying.

4 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

For me it's Charmy Bee, Chip, pre-Colors Tails and pre-Boom and Forces Amy from Sonic.

What is wrong with Charmy? Not sure which Tails you mean but I will say Modern Tails in the video games has been very disappointing and can see him being annoying. Charmy voice I guess can be annoying but if you ever played Charmy in Sonic Forces Battle then you will realize that Charmy is hardcore in that game there.

• Thumbs Up 1

How about this good ol' punching bag:

fan.jpg.792b13b9e8341141ce81680dd1d0a570.jpg

If this douche bag actually carried my stuff then I wouldn't mind him as much, as it is the only thing he's good for is as a punching bag. And while most tutorial characters go over the line, one in particular crosses it. And that would be  Kaepora Gaebora from Ocarina of Time. You know, the owl who forces you a mountain of looping, seemingly unskippable text just because you hit one of his triggers while exploring. That's fun, and if you don't pay attention, you get to hear it all again! How nice.

owl.thumb.jpg.303ff97900613c89eb0ea3c012d84762.jpg

->No

Yes

How about this good ol' punching bag:

fan.jpg.e6232f9f377da12ae8f12e712a11d02e.jpg

If this douche bag actually carried my stuff then I wouldn't mind him as much, as it is the only thing he's good for is as a punching bag. And while most tutorial characters go over the line, one in particular crosses it. And that would be  Kaepora Gaebora from Ocarina of Time. You know, the owl who forces you a mountain of looping, seemingly unskippable text just because you hit one of his triggers while exploring. That's fun, and if you don't pay attention, you get to hear it all again! How nice.

owl.thumb.jpg.a47b40f4bae95702c9c706c2017f244d.jpg

No

->Yes

Steve Burnside - Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

Ashley Graham - Resident Evil 4

Cream The Rabbit - Sonic Heroes

Balloon girl  - Spider-Man 2

These were and are the ones that whenever I see this question arise pop into my head immediately.

2 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Steve Burnside - Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

Ashley Graham - Resident Evil 4

Cream The Rabbit - Sonic Heroes

Balloon girl  - Spider-Man 2

These were and are the ones that whenever I see this question arise pop into my head immediately.

I can agree on 2 of those.

As I've never really been a Cream.

That's why I try to grab the balloon as quick as possible.

When it comes to video game characters considered annoying, Mr. Resetti from the Animal Crossing series is most likely the most annoying character I ever encountered in a video game.

Also, Cream the Rabbit isn't really that bad of a character.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really hate Team Flare from Pokemon XY. They're basically a lazy rehash of Team Galactic, but the way the game goes well out of its way to make them seem ridiculous (and unlike the ever-hilarious Team Skull, they're not the funny sort of ridiculous - they're just cringe-inducingly obnoxious) and then expects you to take them seriously is infuriatingly dumb. XY were a major letdown in a lot of ways, especially coming directly after my beloved Gen 5, but Team Flare is insufferable. They're the worst villain team in the games.