Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing OST - "Boo's House"

Patron

Wow ok, that's a combo of one of my favourite areas from both SA2 and S3&K. And with a Tee Lopes/Jun Senoue remix of one of my top 10 Sonic tracks...

I'm suddenly more interested in this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Patron said:

Team Sonic Racing comes out May 19th, 2019

hold up.. new release date, I thought it was at the 21st?

Wow, with that one screenshot I am sold on the concept. The Ice Stage was a mashup of Sonic Ice stages in general, and really lacked identity - but this looks to be a much more fulfilling mashup of sand levels. It has much more personality in this one screen grab than the entire ice level combined.

And my boy King Boom Boo is back with a vengeance. I hope he interacts with racers and causes a little bit of havok on the track.

If they keep making zones like this, I could get behind zone mash-ups, rather than individual zones.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally they decided to start posting music tracks for the upcoming game. And holy hell they started with a really cool one!

We got Tee Lopes, more of Jun's shredding, and now some violin to add to the atmosphere. And it's a Sandopolis remix, which I certainly didn't expect. 

The track on a screenshot looks more varied aesthetically than, say, Ice Mountain, or even the other tracks, and it's so weird considering it's actually hard to make desert look appealing IMO. But yeah, the music keeps better and better.

The name's a little bit "eh" to me tho, since someone who doesn't know who King Boom Boo is, but knows Mario's Boos, could be kind of confused.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Bobnik said:

The name's a little bit "eh" to me tho, since someone who doesn't know who King Boom Boo is, but knows Mario's Boos, could be kind of confused.

Even if you equate it to Mario - you'd think of it as "Ghost House" and with the giant ghost on screen I think the point is kind of self-explanatory.

If they wanted to drum up some positive feelings for this game, they should have started dropping music tracks a while ago. Like almost all Sonic games, its sure to be one of its strongest points. Wonder why they held back so long...

Oh, if it isn't Boob's House! (Rest in peace, Sonic Runners)

I am thrilled to have the haunted trope back at last. I've always been clinging to Mystic Mansion as a comeback, but Sandopolis and Pyramid Base are two other vastly underused locations and they make a LOT of sense together. And I am down for them remaking any classic zone not featured in Generations. This looks like a really good choice.

• Chuckle 1

This is the best looking level I've seen. And its a mashup of Death Chamber / Sandopolis? That's so freaking cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow that sounds awesome. It's about time Sandopolis got some more love (was also referenced in Mania). A level theme based on a stage from S&K and King Boom Boo from SA2 is very a cool concept.

Great to see Tee Lopes involved with this track. Him working with Jun sounds like a brilliant combination. I wonder if he's worked on any other tracks for the game?

Oh and I like the name "Boo's House".

• Thumbs Up 1

tee lopes and jun senoue working on the same song, for a track based on locations we haven't seen in forever!?

my hype levels just went up a little bit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who's house?

BOO'S HOUSE!

King Boom Boo looks like he's doubled down on the crack since losing to Knuckles way back when.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

58 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Who's house?

BOO'S HOUSE!

All are welcome in the Kings house!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, what? When was Sandopolis confirmed for this?! This is the first level to get me excited for this game. The Echidna statue is cool. Adding King Boom Boo is neat, too.

The music is great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps this delay may be worth it after all if stuff like stuff is what comes out of it. Even of this was composed long before the delay was decided on.

If Sonic's going to continue nostalgia pandering, I'm definitely down for them taking the less popular ideas and making them exciting. Mania did it with Oil Ocean and Metallic Madness, and now TSR is doing it with Sandopolis. That music is hot.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

Well, that was unexpected. A S&3K and SA2 sand themed track, and it looks cool despite being a desert level. And that theme is awesome, it actually sounds like Sandopolis ("cough" Planet Wisp track").I'm glad to see that Sonic Mania wasn't a one-off venture for Tee Lopes too. This is the kind of stuff I want to see when one of your game's biggest bullet points is the fan-service

Also,I just realized that the Sonic series has 2 desert stages with ghosts in them, that's kind of weird.

• Fist Bump 1

Darn, this is good. Great remix, good fan service and throwback.

Not everything is forgiven. But something is, SEGA. Good one. Keep these musicians around, and give Ohtani a vacation. 

• Fist Bump 1

Sandopolis Zone?! FOR REAL?!

Okay, hold up for a second, that's a little too good to be true. They're bringing back an old forgotten zone that hasn't been seen in a mainline game again for 24 years! And with the soundtrack by Tee Lopes AND Jun Senoue, no less.

A little bit of faith came back for this game. Now I'm geniunely interested to see what comes next!

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like there's a good chance Crush 40 & Tee Lopes will collaborating on more tracks for TSR.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Sandopolis Zone?! FOR REAL?!

Okay, hold up for a second, that's a little too good to be true. They're bringing back an old forgotten zone that hasn't been seen in a mainline game again for 24 years! And with the soundtrack by Tee Lopes AND Jun Senoue, no less.

A little bit of faith came back for this game. Now I'm geniunely interested to see what comes next!

They already had an Advance zone  (Ice Mountain) after 11 years (which also references some 3 & Adventure stages, one of which was one of those troubles with music rights), and a level in the human world that ST is distancing themselves from moreso each year. Unexpected stages and subtle canon welding might be one of this game’s strong suits.

• Thumbs Up 1

I recall someone saying a while back (can't remember if it was a SEGA rep, a developer etc.) that this game would reference zones as far back as Sonic 3, so it doesn't come as too much of a surprise to me to see Sandopolis.

But regardless, I'm loving that remix! A Tee Lopes and Jun Senoue collaboration? HELL YEAH, that's awesome!

13 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

They already had an Advance zone  (Ice Mountain) after 11 years (which also references some 3 & Adventure stages, one of which was one of those troubles with music rights)

Honestly, I'd argue that the only noticeable thing Ice Mountain shares with the Advance 1 zone, is its name. And considering the names of the other tracks revealed so far, I'm certain that the ice track sharing that name is merely a coincidence.

• Thumbs Up 4