Awoo.

bubsy: paws on fire - OH GOD, HE REALLY IS BACK

blueblur98

yes, they're making another bubsy game. this time, it's by choice provisions, the developers behind runner 3.

coming to PS4, PC and switch sometime in 2019.

why?

• My Emmerdoods 1

At least this one looks... somewhat decent. Though my expectations are at its lowest. If this fails (which there is a pretty good chance that it will), just let the poor bobcat stay in his grave.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

Thanks, China.
Again.

I guess on the plus side, it will make fun material for reviews for Johnny and Caddicarus in the future.

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 1

Call me crazy, but I had fun with The Woolies Strike Back (tho haven't finished it yet). Mostly because I had my expectations set low, and it actually exceeded that. Unlike with Sonic, where I still have my expectations set pretty high (I know, stupid me) and the generic boost + craptastic 2D of the last few Sonic Team games always fail to reach that expectation.

• My Emmerdoods 1

I know people have been saying this game looks decent but...

That's what everyone said about The Woolies Strike Back and look what happened with that.

...Ok so it ended up kind of ok but it still had a lot of short comings. Maybe I should be giving Bubsy benefit of the doubt and hope he learned from the past, especially when Woolies was a step in the right direction.

• My Emmerdoods 1

why the fuck won't you STAY DEAD

WHY THE FUCK IS BUBSY GETTING MORE GAMES THAN METAL GEAR SOLID AND CASTLEVANIA

HOLY FUCK what is wrong with humanity

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 2
  • Chuckle 2
  • Absolutely 2

Would anybody really want a "GOOD"  Bubsy game tho? I thought part of why people like him.... (LIKE might be to strong a word)
is because of some infamous bad games and the enjoyment of hating on them?

• Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I thought part of why people like him....is because of some infamous bad games and the enjoyment of hating on them?

That weirdly makes Bubsy and Sonic sound very alike, lol.

• My Emmerdoods 2

I bought the previous game, on sale on PS4, and it was mediocre at best. It had good musics though.

I'm not surprised by this sequel, as it was announced at the end of Woolies. But it still look the same, with boring graphics and gameplay.

Why can't they make something at least nice with Bubsy ?

• My Emmerdoods 1

Not gonna lie. This seems to be the best looking game of the Bubsy series so far. This isn't saying much, but I really have to give the company that owns Bubsy credit for at least trying to push their mascot further. Even with all the negative backlash the series gets.

• My Emmerdoods 1

5 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

That's what everyone said about The Woolies Strike Back and look what happened with that.

I don't remember any comments on it beyond hopelessly mediocre it looked; and that's basically what it ended up being.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

So, I actually enjoyed Woollies Strike Back at several points, so I'm interested in seeing what this one does to improve things. 

That said, it's not winning points for art direction, that's for sure. I'll give it a chance, though. 

I want to love you, Bubsy. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

We all made jokes about Bubsy in Sonic Forces. We memed him back to life, and now we have to kill him again apparently.

Jokes aside, this doesn't look...TERRIBLE? Nothing amazing but it looks to be an inoffensive endless runner. Probably nothing I'll rush to buy, but maybe if the stars ever align for it to be on sale, me to have some excess money and have absolutely nothing better to do one day, sure, I'll give it a shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am not a fan of this, at all. And not just because it's Bubsy (though that can be one of the reasons), but it looks like yet another reskin of an already existing game, only made worse! With Woolies Strikes Back it was the 2.5D Giana Sisters game reskin, and this looks like a reskin of Runner 3, only looking even worse than the the game it's being based off of. It makes sense, granted, since both are made by the teams that actually worked on the original games, and it kind of makes sense with Bubsy, but... at least do something that's not a rip-o--

...oh right, Bubsy 3D exists.

well, now I feel dumb.

Anyway, yeah, this looks pretty bad in my eyes.

Memes really are a powerful weapon for some series. I have a feeling so many series, that are popular or became popular again, are because of memes: My little Pony, Rick and Morty, Bubsy, Shrek, The Bee Movie and even Sonic in some cases. 

I wonder if Busby would have come back, if it wasn't for the memes.

8 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

...Ok so it ended up kind of ok but it still had a lot of short comings. Maybe I should be giving Bubsy benefit of the doubt and hope he learned from the past, especially when Woolies was a step in the right direction.

To be fair this one is made by the same guys who made all the bit trip runner games and they have a good track record and this is basically "Runner: Bubsy edition" so at the very least it's a safe bet that it'll be good. 

On one hand, Accolade is self-aware enough to post this trailer on Halloween, and this probably is the scariest game announcement of the year - but on the other hand how dare you.

At least it's being made by Choice Provisions, so it will probably be better than the last 7 Bubsy games...hopefully.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

To be fair this one is made by the same guys who made all the bit trip runner games and they have a good track record and this is basically "Runner: Bubsy edition" so at the very least it's a safe bet that it'll be good. 

There have been plenty of bad games that come from companies with good track records. Sometimes that's how their descent begins.

I don’t know what’s sadder, developing a game solely to cash in on meme material, or the fact people will probably buy it because of the fact it is meme material.

Welp. We got another Bubsy game. Bubsy's return is why I say other developers no longer have an excuse to keep their series dormant forever; if Bubsy of all series can come back, then so can another dormant series.

Well the last one must have made some money to warrant another one. Somebody is buying them...…...