Awoo.

MediEvil - PS4 Remaster (Coming 2019)

Sonictrainer

Completely remade from the grave up!

MediEvil follows the story of Sir Dan, an unlikely champion who met an unfortunate end on the field of battle. He receives a chance at redemption when his nemesis, the evil sorcerer Lord Zarok, accidentally resurrects him 100 years after that fateful day. Lord Zarok seeks to conquer the Kingdom of Gallowmere, and only the skeletal Sir Dan stands between Zarok’s army of the undead and the kingdom he swore to protect.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Sony are spoiling us this year , Spider-Man , Spyro, and now Medievil! Granted , two of those are re-makes/re-masters but still - ones that have been asked for for a very long time. Keep it up Sony.

I'm just wondering why Sony thinks this one, presumably made without the original creators, will be better received than the last time they remade it (without the original creators) and made a bunch of changes that people hated.

Though this bit was funny:

"If you’re not familiar with the MediEvil series, it’s a colorful action-adventure game originally released in 1998 for the original PlayStation system.

It sure is too bad that there's no way that Sony could have reintroduced people to that true Playstation Classic or its sequel this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never played MediEvil, I think the remake looks dope. The atmosphere is there for what I can tell, it looks dark and gritty. Then again, part of what made games like this and Resident Evil look scarier, was the PSOne's own "limitations". The jagged, sharp, polygonal graphics gave these games an eerie look. The devs knew what they were doing, just like the Silent Hill devs knew about the consoles' weak draw distance and added the infamous fog, which became an stamp of the series.

Remakes of PSOne's games can easily loose some of its atmosphere when devs use the current tech to smooth and clean everything, it happened to Crash in some levels. It has to look prettier, not different. 

• Thumbs Up 1

played the original a shit ton of times when I was a kiddo back in 1996 or 97 when it first came out, I still have my original up to this day.  Cant wait to play the remaster...and plat' it, of course.