Awoo.

Sonic Chronicles: Remastered - A Fan-Made Remake From The Ground Up!!

Polkadi~☆

Call me stupid, but as a kid, I loved Chronicles, possibly even more than Rush or Rush Adventure. While I can't say it's a good game now, especially with the bad models, garbled graphics and awful sound design, it's always one that I just had a ton of nostalgia for.

It's great to see a team dedicated to improve it's flaws and make it into something better. I really hope all goes well with this project!

• Fist Bump 1

Damn, this looks awesome, dude!

Chronicles has always been a game that rubbed me the wrong way but had a lot of untapped potential! Glad to see you and your team tap into it! Definitely looking forward to seeing more progress on this!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

You likely get this alot, but are you going to make the Touch Screen/Point and Click controls optional, along with a more traditional button control scheme?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, SupahBerry said:

You likely get this alot, but are you going to make the Touch Screen/Point and Click controls optional, along with a more traditional button control scheme?

Yes, that is one of our plans. When you first start the game, you will be given an option between the two control schemes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

This looks absolutely incredible, dude!
Keep up the good work, and I'm excited to see what comes of this!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I've played Chronicles once and that was way more than enough for me, but I'll admit that this is shaping up to be pretty nice-looking. I don't think I'll play it, but I wish you guys luck and hope to see it finished someday.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Obviously I'm hyped. So far I'm only worried about voice acting. It's looks fine now, but i it seems to me like a lot of work with little to gain.

So most pressing questions from me.

1) Any plans for extra playable characters?

2) Do you plan to change anything about the ending?

For less exiting topics I would suggest adding at least a bit more enemy variety and adding some interesting sidquests. All side activity on Mobius was boring as heck (expect looking for Froggy, that was pretty funny).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

It certainly looks pretty awesome right now. I'm kinda curious what you've got planned for the art in the game, it's certainly something to look forward to.

I wish you all the best of luck, success and fun in such a large scale project.

• Fist Bump 1

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Obviously I'm hyped. So far I'm only worried about voice acting. It's looks fine now, but i it seems to me like a lot of work with little to gain.

So most pressing questions from me.

1) Any plans for extra playable characters?

2) Do you plan to change anything about the ending?

1) One idea we’re likely to do, but it won’t be part of the main game.

2) Maybe...???? There are no plans right now.

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

For less exiting topics I would suggest adding at least a bit more enemy variety and adding some interesting sidquests. All side activity on Mobius was boring as heck (expect looking for Froggy, that was pretty funny).

We’re thinking of doing that, it just will not be part of the main game.

Y’see, we’re making a New Game+ as well with all new content.

Your Discord link isn't working right now for some reason. I don't plan to join the project (soon anyways), but I'd love to keep a close eye on it and should I be able to assist I could eventually do things like reanimate the motion comic cutscenes as they were or from the ground up. I'm not going to lie, doing graphical touch up remaking for this sounds like it would be fun.

3 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

Your Discord link isn't working right now for some reason. I don't plan to join the project (soon anyways), but I'd love to keep a close eye on it and should I be able to assist I could eventually do things like reanimate the motion comic cutscenes as they were or from the ground up. I'm not going to lie, doing graphical touch up remaking for this sounds like it would be fun.

Cool to see you're interested in helping out too, potentially!

And whoops, turned out that was an old invite link. This should work: https://discord.gg/4hbX27Y

• 1 month later...

Hm, no updates for a while. I could post many things on this topic, but honestly, it'd be dumb. I'd rather deliver updates here in chunks rather than just little bits of stuff.

We do, however, have this from a while ago:

Just a sample of what's to come in the soundtrack~! Gecklo is super cool, and as a musician on the project myself, it is so nice to work with him! I haven't worked with him on this song, and this is just a little bit of what he made as like a proof of concept. And it miiiight not be the final version, but still, it's super cool!

• Thumbs Up 3

Very nice! I always did love this track from the game when I played it back when it came out.

Looking forward to any and all updates in the future!

• Thumbs Up 1

Normally, I'd volunteer if an artist was required, but you'd probably have plenty already and they'd be better than me.

I'm still looking forward to more and hoping for the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome, looks like a great project so far.
Playing it with normal controlls would definitly be a blessing. And remixed music too.
Awesome, awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, -dan- said:

Normally, I'd volunteer if an artist was required, but you'd probably have plenty already and they'd be better than me.

I'm still looking forward to more and hoping for the best.

Well, I spoke to the rest of the team, and they're quite curious to see what you can do. Come into our Discord server (https://discord.gg/4hbX27Y), and show us what you've got!

• My Emmerdoods 1

• 3 months later...

New update with new stuff, come check it out!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 months later...

Our first update in forever, looklooklook, lookatit!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm excited to see where this game goes, but I dunno if their design pipeline looks quite right to me? They got the overworld movement down and then just kinda kept refining this one GHZ island over and over before finally moving onto the battle system? I feel like you'd want to start with just basic area models and ironing out all the mechanics possible before bothering with any graphical polish? Maybe it's just that I know games aren't created by starting with the first piece of level 1 and then building everything else off of that, but I worry that it could somehow cause issues down the line.

Also, I dunno how good the dev's PC is but the game looks to be chugging a bit in a relatively basic environment.

1 hour ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

I'm excited to see where this game goes, but I dunno if their design pipeline looks quite right to me? They got the overworld movement down and then just kinda kept refining this one GHZ island over and over before finally moving onto the battle system? I feel like you'd want to start with just basic area models and ironing out all the mechanics possible before bothering with any graphical polish? Maybe it's just that I know games aren't created by starting with the first piece of level 1 and then building everything else off of that, but I worry that it could somehow cause issues down the line.

That’s a point of contention among the team, but maybe I shouldn’t get any further into that topic. From here on, we’ll be looking into the mechanics that make up the game, including the battle system.

1 hour ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Also, I dunno how good the dev's PC is but the game looks to be chugging a bit in a relatively basic environment.

The game runs reasonably well, just that his recording program make the game chug. Worth looking into, at least.

• 1 year later...

Here's a small update on things. We've been doing a lot of work, but not a lot of showing. And we've been sidetracked a little.

• Thumbs Up 2