Awoo.

Who wants Silver and Blaze to stay in their worlds

Marco9966

1 hour ago, Tarnish said:

Nope, haven't played them because A: I never had a PSP, B: those games never really captured my interest to begin with. Good to know that canon meddling is nothing new for the franchise tho.

I've never played them either. I don't like handheld games period. But I always look into the stories for the games because I'm the story guy. It's what I done do.

I think it was Archie Preboot that suggested the idea that because of his back and forth timetraveling, Silver essentially became a walking paradox that exists as a separate entity from the timeline. Kinda like Scourge.

6 hours ago, Tarnish said:

Wait, what? Wasn't it established in Rush that Blaze and Eggman Nega are both from a parallel/alternate dimension? They messed with that as well? Jesus Effin Christ..By the way, when did he say that?

The reveal itself was in Sonic Rivals 1 in Shadow's scenario, though the fact that Silver knew what the camera was is meant to correlate.

Interestingly, I recall reading something where the developers confirmed that Nega being from the future was partly done to add to the mystery of the camera. This was sorta backed up initially by games outside of the 3DS version of the London Olympics seemingly abiding by the original impression from Rush, though Rush Adventure(and I wanna say the original Rush at one point) noticeably has Nega refer to the Sol Dimension independently from himself.

But yeah, Iuzuka confirmed it as canon at some convention when asked about Blaze's true origins.

Because back in 2011 we all believed that classic Sonic is just Sonic from the past, until that idea got thrown out the window for an alternate dimension counterpart, even tho they reference Generations actually happening in Forces..

I'm semi-sure the alternate dimension thing was actually relatively new for the purpose of segregating the newer Classic stuff from the Modern era.

The fact that it sorta goes with the Future Trunks theory of timetravel is a bonus.

Also, if Silver's future still exists (even tho the whole plot of Sonic 2006 is to make sure that never happens, but apparently it does anyway since Crisis City and Silver was in Generations), that still doesn't explain why the hell is Silver just with Sonic and co. in Forces. He's just there and nobody ever questions that..(Can't wait for the comments saying Sonic 2006 isn't canon although it's canon enough to use stages and characters from it in other games.)

Crisis City in Generations was sorta plucked from nonestistence due to the TIme Eater fucking things up and no one besides Blaze seems to recognize(or acknowledge) it, however faintly. Silver himself, much like Shadow, was plucked out of his timeline into Whitespace in the process and is initially confused about what's going on.

Also, Silver intentionally came back in Forces because of the Phantom Ruby is essentially a paradox in itself, originating form the split off Classic era and whatnot. All he knew was that something really powerful endangers the world and by extension, his future.

Does it really matter at this point? I mean, they hang so much around Sonic's world right now, that they could just stay in this world/time era if you ask me. I personally really do not see the point in this idea of different dimensions and time eras, if the characters still show up so often. They can easily drop this idea at this point.

Many characters have this problem, Knuckles is supposed to be guarding his emerald, Silver in the future, Blaze in her dimension, Shadow dead, Wisps in their home.

Some character that were TIED to something that didn't return are E-102 (good thing they created E-123 instead of bringing him back) and Chip. Imagine if Chip still hangs around.

Tails and Amy can more easily hang out with Sonic because there are not tied to guarding something or being from another dimension.

I think the problem is, that Sega and Sonic Team make those characters way to complex, so that they really can only serve a purpose in a more complex narrative that also have them in the focus.

Those whole dimension/time traveling idea can only really work, if they make this a regular recurring concept like the realm traveling in Spyro, which are kinda like dimensions. 

Rather than staying in their own worlds, perhaps they should have stayed in their own spin-offs, where their backgrounds can be of actual importance rather than being obstacles.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Many characters have this problem, Knuckles is supposed to be guarding his emerald, Silver in the future, Blaze in her dimension, Shadow dead, Wisps in their home.

I never understood the confusion some fans felt about Wisps still being around in the stories regardless if the gameplay they provide is any good or not. Colors never said they all returned home last I can remember... there were loads of the critters, it seems reasonable a number of them would want to stay behind on Sonic's world... I know I likely would too if I were one of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Some character that were TIED to something that didn't return are E-102 (good thing they created E-123 instead of bringing him back) and Chip. Imagine if Chip still hangs around.

Tails and Amy can more easily hang out with Sonic because there are not tied to guarding something or being from another dimension.

SEGA/Sonic Team recently has a big problem of accepting the fact that one-use characters should be a thing. They think that because a character became a "fan-favorite" (no offense to anybody, but I honestly think this fandom accepts any garbage, shallow character at this point), they have to keep that character around even if it doesn't make any sense story-wise.

3 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

SEGA/Sonic Team recently has a big problem of accepting the fact that one-use characters should be a thing. They think that because a character became a "fan-favorite" (no offense to anybody, but I honestly think this fandom accepts any garbage, shallow character at this point), they have to keep that character around even if it doesn't make any sense story-wise.

Yeah, we can't accept villains like infinite, or romances like Classic Sonic-Tails.

We need the Adventure writers back.

3 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I never understood the confusion some fans felt about Wisps still being around in the stories regardless if the gameplay they provide is any good or not. Colors never said they all returned home last I can remember... there were loads of the critters, it seems reasonable a number of them would want to stay behind on Sonic's world... I know I likely would too if I were one of them.

I mean, I understand the confusion. We only were shown footage of them leaving for one. None of the game took place on Sonic's planet either. The whole thing was out in space. The only one we saw ever come down to Sonic's planet was Yacker and that was literally just to say goodbye.

Its easy to be confused when things aren't properly clarified. I don't expect anyone to watch the Colors ending and not be confused when they're suddenly all over the Lost Hex and in the destoryed city in Forces. 

I do feel like this is yet another situation that could be easily fixed with a small bout of exposition. Something a tad bit more substantial than that one line in Sonic Runners that everyone can have easy access to. 

I understand not being someone who finds it easy to just go along with and assume something that wasn't hinted at or shown. 

Though, to be honest, I don't care about the wisps either way.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I mean, I understand the confusion. We only were shown footage of them leaving for one. None of the game took place on Sonic's planet either. The whole thing was out in space. The only one we saw ever come down to Sonic's planet was Yacker and that was literally just to say goodbye.

Its easy to be confused when things aren't properly clarified. I don't expect anyone to watch the Colors ending and not be confused when they're suddenly all over the Lost Hex and in the destoryed city in Forces. 

Dropping a line or two to explain it might've been nice but like...once you see them, isn't that enough? Magic space squids are free to go wherever they want, if they show up on Earth Sonic's planet without explanation then that's just their own business. It's like, in Unleashed, why's Tails in Apotos, why's Amy in Spagonia? Fuck if I know but who am I to say they shouldn't be there?

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Dropping a line or two to explain it might've been nice but like...once you see them, isn't that enough? Magic space squids are free to go wherever they want, if they show up on Earth Sonic's planet without explanation then that's just their own business. It's like, in Unleashed, why's Tails in Apotos, why's Amy in Spagonia? Fuck if I know but who am I to say they shouldn't be there?

It didn't seem to be enough considering how many people were confused by it. People didn't really need to question why Tails was in Apotos or why Amy was in Spagonia. They already live on Sonic's planet and they can go wherever they want. Maybe they were on vacation. It wasn't really important so its not going to register at the back of someone's mind.

I feel its a bit different than being shown something as substantial as an entire race of alien beings, who've never even been on Sonic's planet, leaving to go back to their homeworld and then suddenly being all over Sonic's planet in Forces. Those people were shown something and then immediately shown something else that contradicts what they thought they saw.

That's naturally going to lead to confusion. I don't begrudge anyone that. Its understandable.

I'm not super strict about this kind of stuff either, however, I do feel like this at least warranted a bit more exposition than the almost nothing it got. Its just common curtiousy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Yeah, we can't accept villains like infinite, or romances like Classic Sonic-Tails.

We need the Adventure writers back.

To be fair, I was never under the impression that they have any intention of bringing Infinite back proper. 

That comment just reinforces why, ironically. So unless you know something I don't, I don't see that particular problem being one.

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I feel its a bit different than being shown something as substantial as an entire race of alien beings, who've never even been on Sonic's planet, leaving to go back to their homeworld and then suddenly being all over Sonic's planet in Forces. Those people were shown something and then immediately shown something else that contradicts what they thought they saw.

* Add another thing to the list of missed opporunities *