Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

It's here!

Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled_2018_12-0

TRAILER:

PRESS:

Crash is back in the driver’s seat! Get ready to go fur-throttle with Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. It’s the authentic CTR experience, now fully-remastered and revved up to the max:

-Start your engines with the original game modes, characters, tracks, power-ups, weapons and controls

-Power slide to glory in additional karts and tracks from beyond the original game

-Race online with friends and Crash the competition with online leaderboards

With Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, the stakes are high and the competition is fierce. It's the CTR you love, now kicked into the highest gear.

Publisher Activision and developer Beenox announced Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch at The Game Awards 2018. It will launch on June 21, 2019 for $39.99. A “Nitros Oxide Edition ” will also be available for $59.99.

Here is an overview of the game, via Activision:

Developed by Beenox and published by Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc., Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is built from the ground up and remasters the original Crash racing game by bringing the characters, karts, tracks and arenas to modern console HD graphics. Fans will be able to see Crash and friends’ expressions and antics in beautiful detail as they blast each other with power-ups and whiz around the corners in all the original racetracks. The stakes are high and the competition is fierce as players race with a variety of Crash Bandicoot series characters, including Crash, Coco, Dr. Neo Cortex and others against the egomaniacal Nitros Oxide to save our planet from destruction. In the new game, Adventure, Arcade Single Race and Cup Race, Time Trials and Battle Mode are back. Play Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled single player or vs. friends both online and offline.

“The love that fans have for Crash Team Racing goes beyond just a fun kart racing game, and we’re excited to finally show fans what we’ve been working on to celebrate its 20th anniversary,” said Thomas Wilson, Co-Studio Head at Beenox. “Not only are we revamping Crash Team Racing from the kart up in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, we are giving fans a whole lot more including all the characters and tracks they love, with tons of added animations and personality that the original platform just couldn’t convey. We can’t wait to see fans go head-to-head as they test their Crash kart racing mettle in online multiplayer.”

Players who want to kick their Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled into the highest gear can pre-order the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled – Nitros Oxide Edition. In the digital deluxe edition, the self-proclaimed fastest racer in the galaxy, Nitros Oxide will be a playable character from day one in all game modes. Players will also receive the full Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled game, Oxide’s Hovercraft kart, space-themed character skins for Crash, Coco, Cortex, and much more. Players who do not purchase the Nitros Oxide Edition can earn the Nitros Oxide character and Oxide’s Hovercraft kart by completing some of the fiercest challenges in the Adventure Mode.

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 5

I'll be missing the announcement live, but I'll definitely want to see what this turns out to be. I listened to the entire CTR soundtrack earlier, and if this is announced then I'll do so again.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems like Windows Central got some dice, so it doesn't seem to be exclusive to PS4.

Exclusive guest characters for each console would be cool. Jak & Daxter for PS4, Banjo & Kazooie for Xbox and assuming it's also happening, Mario for Switch.

5 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

So when is TGA starting exactly?

Roughly 3 hours 20 minutes from  the time of this post. Seems like 3:30 am in Lebanon?

• Thumbs Up 3

i hope this is a new racing game, and not just crash team racing n. sane edition or something. remakes are cool and all, and crash bandicoot n. sane trilogy was a simply masterful remake of the original trilogy, but i don't want the series to just be remakes... i wanna see a brand new game sometime.

that's not to say i'd be mad if this is just CTR remade. i never got the chance to play the original PS1 version, so i'd be excited to try out the (presumably) definitive version of the game.

(but i would've liked twinsanity to get remade over CTR or a new main crash game over both of those)

47 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

So when is TGA starting exactly?

8:30pm EST/1:30am GMT. 

Side note, Motobug (https://cytu.be/r/Motobug) will be streaming things live for SSMB members as we usually do for big events.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

While it's an obvious hint, it doesn't mean anything for Spyro being in the game. This is following the same publicity stunts that was done for Reignited. First strange items were sent out to various outlets with an message hinting at a reveal, then an official tweet released from Crash's own twitter that hinted Spyro in front of a Crash plush. This is simply the reverse. Fuzzy dice are being sent out to hype up the Game Awards announcement, followed by a Spyro tweet that hides a hint that confirms our suspicions.

Granted, I'd love for Spyro to be a racer, but it's best to take things with a grain of salt for a moment as this is just what happened for Reignited, only reversed. 

On another note though, we should've gotten a Twinsanity remake *HMPH*

Yeah, guys. Ya'll should learn from the last time a stream seemed like a lock and ya'll got burned for it.

Bit presumptuous,  just saying. 

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Yeah, guys. Ya'll should learn from the last time a stream seemed like a lock and ya'll got burned for it.

Pretty massive difference between people assuming a massive full-blown game announcement from a tiny Activision stream, and the same publicity stunt that was done for Spyro being done again, only this time it explicitly tells us when the announcement is happening.

Beyond that, trying to claim that the evidence presented is nothing even though it was well documented to be the exact lead-up to Reignited's announcement, or better yet, the full on fact that a kart is shown in the tweet hidden away as a tease, it's pretty exceedingly obvious through all of the hints what will be announced tonight. 

The last stream that seemed like a lock had shit all evidence behind it beyond dodgy """leakers""" claiming this or that. This time, there is actual proven evidence that was done as publicity before. In short, there's actual valid reason to believe that this is a Crash Team Racing announcement, and we know for a damn fact it's announced tonight because the fuzzy dice that fits exactly in with the kart hint in Spyro's tweet said it would be. There's credible evidence that something is happening tonight.

And even besides that, people didn't really get burned for that last stream. Reignited Trilogy still ended up being proven real, so...

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And even besides that, people didn't really get burned for that last stream.

Those who thought it was gonna get revealed at that stream certainly did.

Look,  even with the evidence, don't you think it's a bit over zealous to the point of declaring there will be an announcement? That's not even speculation, it's outright declaration. 

I mean,  it shouldn't hurt to wait. At least just take the new thread in stride before saying,  yep it's happening on this day night. Just a bit of food for thought. 

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Those who thought it was gonna get revealed at that stream certainly did.

Look,  even with the evidence, don't you think it's a bit over zealous to the point of declaring there will be an announcement? That's not even speculation, it's outright declaration. 

I mean,  it shouldn't hurt to wait. At least just take the new thread in stride before saying,  yep it's happening on this day night. Just a bit of food for thought. 

I think it's a bit premature, but all the evidence directly leads to it. The Spyro image containing a kart and making a direct reference to CTR on the exact same period of time the fuzzy dice appeared with Crash's fur colour is far too much to shrug off as coincidence, especially when you take into account this is the exact same way Reignited's announcement was teased. 

My only issue with this is if the topic announcement was held off, the OP would've had more concrete details beyond just normal speculative stuff and showing off the evidence that something's happening tonight. In all honesty, my question comes from why not make the topic earlier when the evidence began to come out (I.E - The fuzzy dice), or otherwise just hold off til after the announcement when you've got the concrete details, instead of just waiting a few hours shy of the announcement. 

Regardless of such, I don't see the problem. There is credible evidence that shows this is far more than just a rumour, and there's no issue with speculation as long as it's not just full-on rumour with no evidence on this board, it isn't the first time such a thing has occurred and frankly I find a good chunk of fun when it comes to the lead-up of an announcement is speculating exactly what it's going to entail. For all we know, it could be a standard CTR remake, it could be a new game altogether, it could be a combo remake of CTR and CNK, etc. 

The point is - there's far more evidence that pushes this past rumour area, and I don't see the harm in discussing speculative things now in the lead-up of the announcement. Maybe edit the topic title so it isn't as misleading and clarify that it's only a possibility, granted a strong one. Other than that, let people have their fun, because as the evidence stands, there's an immensely high chance it's happening. 

IMO, Spyro was a bigger shot in the dark, because we had so little to go on and no precedent to it outside of ''Crash is back so Spyro SHOULD be next''. In here, there's a pattern repeating, and we've seen they listened to what fans want to see when it comes to these two franchises, so it all adds up better than it did for Spyro.

What we know FOR CERTAIN is that something Crash related is happening on the game awards, and all hints point to kart racing, even if it's not CTR. While for Spyro, until literally a couple of weeks before the announcement, all we had to go was a leak from Kotaku and wishful thinking.

Only 1-hour remaining until the start of The Game Awards. Hopefully Crash will be one of the first ones announced and I'm interested in seeing if Spyro is atually in a Crash racing game (which seems very likely).

CRASH™ TEAM RACING NITRO-FUELED AVAILABLE JUNE 21, 2019

MORE INFORMATION HERE: http://www.crashbandicoot.com/

Crash is back in the driver’s seat! Get ready to go fur-throttle with Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. It’s the authentic CTR experience, now fully-remastered and revved up to the max:

-Start your engines with the original game modes, characters, tracks, power-ups, weapons and controls
-Power slide to glory in additional karts and tracks from beyond the original game
-Race online with friends and Crash the competition with online leaderboards

With Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, the stakes are high and the competition is fierce. It's the CTR you love, now kicked into the highest gear.

Follow Crash!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crashbandicoot
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/crashbandicoot
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/crashbandicoot

• Thumbs Up 2

hello, can i shove this game into my mouth and fuse with it, ok thanks

I've been waiting for this! And I am totally IN! Looking pretty darn nice looking, too!

4 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

This aged well huh? 

• Chuckle 1

More info! Screenshots HERE!

Publisher Activision and developer Beenox announced Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch at The Game Awards 2018. It will launch on June 21, 2019 for $39.99. A “Nitros Oxide Edition ” will also be available for $59.99.

Here is an overview of the game, via Activision:

Developed by Beenox and published by Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc., Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is built from the ground up and remasters the original Crash racing game by bringing the characters, karts, tracks and arenas to modern console HD graphics. Fans will be able to see Crash and friends’ expressions and antics in beautiful detail as they blast each other with power-ups and whiz around the corners in all the original racetracks. The stakes are high and the competition is fierce as players race with a variety of Crash Bandicoot series characters, including Crash, Coco, Dr. Neo Cortex and others against the egomaniacal Nitros Oxide to save our planet from destruction. In the new game, Adventure, Arcade Single Race and Cup Race, Time Trials and Battle Mode are back. Play Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled single player or vs. friends both online and offline.

“The love that fans have for Crash Team Racing goes beyond just a fun kart racing game, and we’re excited to finally show fans what we’ve been working on to celebrate its 20th anniversary,” said Thomas Wilson, Co-Studio Head at Beenox. “Not only are we revamping Crash Team Racing from the kart up in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, we are giving fans a whole lot more including all the characters and tracks they love, with tons of added animations and personality that the original platform just couldn’t convey. We can’t wait to see fans go head-to-head as they test their Crash kart racing mettle in online multiplayer.”

Players who want to kick their Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled into the highest gear can pre-order the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled – Nitros Oxide Edition. In the digital deluxe edition, the self-proclaimed fastest racer in the galaxy, Nitros Oxide will be a playable character from day one in all game modes. Players will also receive the full Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled game, Oxide’s Hovercraft kart, space-themed character skins for Crash, Coco, Cortex, and much more. Players who do not purchase the Nitros Oxide Edition can earn the Nitros Oxide character and Oxide’s Hovercraft kart by completing some of the fiercest challenges in the Adventure Mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

This aged well huh? 

Well, it was still presumptuous.

That said, congratulations.

Playable Nitros Oxide as pre-order bonus, but he can also be unlocked... by... playing the game?! What year is this?

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

Playable Nitros Oxide as pre-order bonus, but he can also be unlocked... by... playing the game?! What year is this?

activision? being THIS generous!?

Just couldn’t make it where I could enjoy the excitement without gagging Activision. Just...they had to shove that pre order in despite the fact you can just earn him in game?