Jango

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

I think they could add the rest of the Crash cast to the game. The technically only have to add 4 characters: Tawna, Brio, Komodo Moe and Koala Kong + Spyro as a bonus. So... yeah with Spyro only 5. 

Don't forget N.Trance, the N.Sane Trilogy already referenced the GBA games and while VV is not doing this, their influence may still be possible.
Honestly, considering Activision and everything, i would have thought the extra characters would have been relegated as DLC, but there's no news of a season pass, so that's out of the question for now. We'll see.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

If they're referencing CNK, I wouldn't even rule out Crunch and Nina. About as relevant to CTR as Spyro. 

I'm sadly not really a huge fan of those two. Nina is kinda boring and Crunch feels way to much like a Knuckles ripoff. With him Crash Team feels just like Team Sonic. Sonic = Action Hero, Tails = Brains, Knuckles = Muscles. Crash = Action Hero, Coco = Brains, Crunch = Muscles.  

45 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

And the trophy girls can be added as well among all those

If they come back, which I'm still not 100% sure about it. I mean, they are called "Trophy Girls". Like you own them as a trophy, a girl, a female, as your personal item. I know that this isn't the case with them, but you know how sensitive people are nowadays.

Oh my God if someone takes offense to that then I really have lost all hope for my generation my God. That's what they bloody are. trophy girls to hand out the prize for their team winning.  Surely no young millennial is that naive. I could care less if a few sensitive folks get ruffled like people did at doom eternals showing

54 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Don't forget N.Trance, the N.Sane Trilogy already referenced the GBA games and while VV is not doing this, their influence may still be possible.
Honestly, considering Activision and everything, i would have thought the extra characters would have been relegated as DLC, but there's no news of a season pass, so that's out of the question for now. We'll see.

Well there is the digital bonus version so possible day 1 character

28 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Oh my God if someone takes offense to that then I really have lost all hope for my generation my God. That's what they bloody are. trophy girls to hand out the prize for their team winning.  Surely no young millennial is that naive. I could care less if a few sensitive folks get ruffled like people did at doom eternals showing

Even if its just a few people complaining about them, they can still force the creators to change their ideas. They just have to be loud enough, which a lot of SJWs are. I mean look at the controversy with Apu from The Simpsons. Sure, it was only a few people that had an issue with Apu, but they have gotten so far, that even the network might will remove Apu from the Simpsons entirely, or make him at least just simple background character that will never talk again. 

I know it is stupid, but this is the world we are now living in. Everything has to be political correct.

3 hours ago, Rowl said:

Even if its just a few people complaining about them, they can still force the creators to change their ideas. They just have to be loud enough, which a lot of SJWs are. I mean look at the controversy with Apu from The Simpsons. Sure, it was only a few people that had an issue with Apu, but they have gotten so far, that even the network might will remove Apu from the Simpsons entirely, or make him at least just simple background character that will never talk again. 

I know it is stupid, but this is the world we are now living in. Everything has to be political correct.

Do you really think the network gives enough of a toss about "only a few people" that they'll risk changing a show enjoyed by millions of others? Or maybe attitudes in general change as the world does and sometimes networks feel it's best to reflect that, lest they stagnate and fall from relevancy.

Either way, let's not conjure up a cycle of outrage over a currently inoffensive kart racer. This ain't Youtube.

It's a remake of Crash Team Racing. The remakes of the original Crash games added hardly any new content.

You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment with your wild hopes.

1 hour ago, Plasme said:

It's a remake of Crash Team Racing. The remakes of the original Crash games added hardly any new content.

So because a set of remakes of three games by [Studio A] didn't add much content (and for what it's worth I'd say playable Coco, a couple of remade beta stages and an entirely new stage, and implementing relics into C1 and C2 is a fair amount of new stuff given, again, they had three games to remake), this remake of a single game by [Studio B] definitely won't have any new content - even though we've already seen new stuff? 

There's cynicism and then there's just being eager to piss in the punchbowl. Having reasonable expectations is fine, and I've not exactly seen anything crazy in this thread. 

18 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

So because a set of remakes of three games by [Studio A] didn't add much content (and for what it's worth I'd say playable Coco, a couple of remade beta stages and an entirely new stage, and implementing relics into C1 and C2 is a fair amount of new stuff given, again, they had three games to remake), this remake of a single game by [Studio B] definitely won't have any new content - even though we've already seen new stuff? 

There's cynicism and then there's just being eager to piss in the punchbowl. Having reasonable expectations is fine, and I've not exactly seen anything crazy in this thread. 

I'm comparing it to what's come before. All we have to compare it with is the trilogy. I understand that remaking a Trilogy is harder than a single game, but I'm warning you all not to get so excited based on what evidence we actually had. The N Sane Trilogy only added new stages post-launch. It's most notable changes were with the Time Trial and Coco, which isn't the same as what's being suggested by you guys here (a lot of new characters and stages, even stuff from Nitro Kart, and as if it's to be expected too). All we know at the moment will be new for this remake is Oxide and the new karts (although I think the Spyro stuff looks very credible). That's great on its own, but that's all we know for sure at the moment.

Look, I adored CTR back in the day. I completed Adventure Mode and beat all of Oxide's ghosts. I want new stuff to be added just as much as you guys. All I'm saying is please exercise caution, because I'm worried people are going to hype themselves up for new content and then get themselves disappointed if it ends up being a mostly straight remake. 

If you guys want to call me cynical and get aggressive then go ahead, I just don't want to see you all upset.

We are suggesting it cause like with crash 1. Content meant for the game was cut and added back in the remake. Ctr had many characters cut or edited out that were meant to be added but game size back in the day did not allow it. I'm sure they have plans to add more

The level of detail is amazing in this game, I really hope it isn't distracting while racing tho'.

But seriously, this kicks ass, you can see that they have way more artistic freedom than the NST's team.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:42 AM, VEDJ-F said:

If they're referencing CNK, I wouldn't even rule out Crunch and Nina. About as relevant to CTR as Spyro. 

If the other racing games, such as Tag Team Racing & the mobile sequels to CNK, are considered then we can add characters like Pasadena O’Possum and Yaya to the list of potential characters.