Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

I can't get over how colorfull this game looks. Probably gonna have to tone down the contrast of my TV haha 

According to some new rumors, Tawna might be a newcomer for this game. Also, Pinstripe wears now a hat for some reasons. 

I saw it on Reddit, the person who "leaked" the image of Pinstripe with a hat begged everyone to not spread it. I don't know how it happened tho'. The image in questions shows the character selection screen of a 3-player mode, featuring new and better icons for each character and even Nitros Oxide.

As for Tawna, yeah, Beenox liked some tweet from an user asking them to include Tawna. They did that before with N. Brio too. I have no doubt they will be in the game.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, Jango said:

I saw it on Reddit, the person who "leaked" the image of Pinstripe with a hat begged everyone to not spread it. I don't know how it happened tho'. The image in questions shows the character selection screen of a 3-player mode, featuring new and better icons for each character and even Nitros Oxide.

As for Tawna, yeah, Beenox liked some tweet from an user asking them to include Tawna. They did that before with N. Brio too. I have no doubt they will be in the game.

Quoting myself because I forgot to mention that said leaked screenshot ALSO confirmed "classic Crash" skin, or simply the low-poly Crash. Either that, or they have to heavily reduce the graphic's quality for multiplayer split screen modes, because that model looks iffy... I refuse to believe that the PS4 can't run that game in 3 or 4-player mode split screen with full details lol

In case you're wondering how it looks:

As for Coco, I love her model, same as everyone else. But one thing's being distracting me with these character select screens we've been getting, and it is that "arcade machine" icon in the background, I mean c'mon. That looks so random. Just leave the checkered flag. Less is more. Also, loose the blue, it just look like Mario Kart. Make it white and grey as it was in the original.

Is it? I sorta got a sense in the video he was suggesting they do it based off of a cool fan drawing, or am I missing something?  The facebook post that is used to source the drawing sounds like the artist is a big fan of CTR and wanted to draw something cool, doesn't seem to indicate they are part of the dev team though.  Again unless I am missing something

• Thumbs Up 1

Same, it's a fan art someone did and sent Beenox. They saw it, nothing more than that. The track doesn't even look that interesting tho'. If I had to pick a level from the trilogy to turn into a track, it'd be either the future or Great Wall of China from Crash 3, Piston It Away (mixed with Pack Attack) from Crash 2 or Heavy Machinery from Crash 1. All the other tropes are well represented already in CTR.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still hope we will see some new tracks. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had 48 tracks. Everything under 30 just seems so... empty. And I know it is a bit unfair to compare this to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe since this is a remake from a very old game, but you kinda have to compete somehow with Mario.

Quality over quantity suits Crash better I think. The original game has 18 tracks, all very well designed, memorable and balanced. I think Hot Air Skyway remake alone is already worth this remake haha

I bet there will be at least one new cup, meaning 4 new tracks. It's clear that Beenox isn't affraid to add new stuff to the game. I think they're completely right, it's a multiplayer arcade game after all, they should add more tracks, characters, modes and stuff and make this a definitive experience. We had a faithful remake with the trilogy, let's go a bit crazy now, people are OK with new stuff.

Don't get me wrong. Crash has some really good track design, but Mario Kart has this too and even more. That series has quantity and quality. It is hard to compete with them. Crash Team Racing will be a really fun experience again, but for the next game. This franchise kinda has to step up its game and take it to the next Level. Mario Kart needs to have a competed rival in the kart racing genre. Diddy Kong Racing is most likely dead and most Sonic Racing games are kinda... yeah... not that good. Crash is the only one that can compete with him.   

I suspect we'll get some degree of extras. N Sane Trilogy only had a humble amount of new things but they could get away with that because you were paying for three different games already. You could understand the time and effort that had to go into just getting all three of them completed as is. Nitro-Fuelled is a remake of one title, and while it is one that will age well if handled very accurately, it's still something you can buy second hand for much cheaper besides the better graphics. Beenox also has a slight head start VV didn't with the previous games since they able to recycle a large amount of old models and graphics, which likely saves a lot of time in the cosmetic department. Two less games plus less graphics to make means more time to focus on other parts of the game.

I think some fans might overestimate just HOW MUCH new stuff they might put in, I doubt it's gonna be like two or three times it's original size in content, but they'll probably add the odd new bit of lasting appeal to bring it up to standard with newer racers. Maybe a handful of new tracks and/or a 'mirror mode', along with perhaps some more N Sane characters since they have their models handy.

But hey, either way, CTR was no Sonic R in skimpiness. It already has a ton of replay value.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rowl said:

That series has quantity and quality. It is hard to compete with them.

That’s a series that had years to fine to and improve on itself, and tbh only really struck massive gold with Mario Kart 8. I like both, but CTR certainly looks to be just as replayable and addicting as it was back in the 90’s(that I should add, did legitimately compete with Mario Kart), I certainly am not expecting it to break out as a kart franchise to compete with MK, but it really never did need to do that. A one off Kart racer is totally fine as long as it’s good 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario Kart 8 exceeds with the DLC, because the regular game for Wii-U only had 16 new tracks (we are back at discussing content quantity), before the DLC came, so… and the roster also has plenty of filler characters. I played the hell out of MK8D but I'm also into a balanced game, the remaster looks great so far, just give me a couple of extras and I'm okay. So far the animations and graphics are what sells the game, as well as the nostalgia factor.

More tracks would be nice of course but as someone whose only experience with CTR is a demo and a short time playing it at a cousins house I'm just looking forward to playing the game properly ^^ It's one I've always wanted to pick up for myself but never got around to doing so ^^

That being said.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:50 AM, Jango said:

Same, it's a fan art someone did and sent Beenox. They saw it, nothing more than that. The track doesn't even look that interesting tho'. If I had to pick a level from the trilogy to turn into a track, it'd be either the future or Great Wall of China from Crash 3, Piston It Away (mixed with Pack Attack) from Crash 2 or Heavy Machinery from Crash 1. All the other tropes are well represented already in CTR.

This is an idea I love based on the idea of visuals alone ^^ The visuals for this game in general are amazing so far! Very vibrant ^^

Crash Bandicoot races to PS4 in Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled! Race against seven other players for a chance to win exclusive prizes and the right to stand on the winner’s podium for your selfie with the ultimate Crash trophy. This is sure to be super popular, so it, too, will involve the PlayStation App to reserve your space.

Not a bad likeness, I'd say he looks and sounds a bit more accurate than his CNK version.

Expectedly it looks like his model is no longer oversized, likely to make him easier to handle in playable form.

DAMN. He looks fantastic, and the voice acting sounds very close to the original (R.I.P.). Also love how Oxide Station's looking!

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Are the trophy girls still in the game? Has anyone confirmed?

Most likely, they will probably reveal them whenever they're ready, not sure why you're concerned about them

Did Nitros Oxide always had sharp teeth? I can not remember that he had them in the old games. 

And as for the four trophy girls. I'm still not 100% if they will be in this game. You guys know how Social Justice Warriors are. Maybe they will start complaining about, why the majority of the female characters in this game are reduced to background characters and not been playable or cry about the name "trophy girl", meaning for them, that guys own a girl as a trophy. 

SJWs are the worst. But if the four trophy girls will not show up in the game, you can thank those pc people for that. 

I only see two ways how they will handle them. They either write them off completely or make them playable racers.