Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

52 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Did Nitros Oxide always had sharp teeth? I can not remember that he had them in the old games. 

Indeed he did (though, obviously, they were only a texture on the old model):

hSWhVdu.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rowl said:

And as for the four trophy girls. I'm still not 100% if they will be in this game. You guys know how Social Justice Warriors are. Maybe they will start complaining about, why the majority of the female characters in this game are reduced to background characters and not been playable or cry about the name "trophy girl", meaning for them, that guys own a girl as a trophy. 

SJWs are the worst. But if the four trophy girls will not show up in the game, you can thank those pc people for that. 

I only see two ways how they will handle them. They either write them off completely or make them playable racers. 

If Tawna got to stick around, I see no reason why the trophy girls wouldn't.

Anyways, loving Oxide's voice and face lift! Can't wait to see how disgustingly broken he is as a playable racer!

• Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Rowl said:

Did Nitros Oxide always had sharp teeth? I can not remember that he had them in the old games. 

And as for the four trophy girls. I'm still not 100% if they will be in this game. You guys know how Social Justice Warriors are. Maybe they will start complaining about, why the majority of the female characters in this game are reduced to background characters and not been playable or cry about the name "trophy girl", meaning for them, that guys own a girl as a trophy. 

SJWs are the worst. But if the four trophy girls will not show up in the game, you can thank those pc people for that. 

I only see two ways how they will handle them. They either write them off completely or make them playable racers. 

And this is why I'd like to know. Knowing today's world some young person sitting at home will take offense to them these days. Maybe not. But I always enjoyed the villians side blue haired one and wanted to race with her when I was growing up.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

And this is why I'd like to know. Knowing today's world some young person sitting at home will take offense to them these days. Maybe not. But I always enjoyed the villians side blue haired one and wanted to race with her when I was growing up.

Nowadays you never know, what will offend people. We will see, how they will handle the trophy girls. But if they do not return, I won't be surprised by it. Sometimes I think SJWs want to get offended so that they can go on the internet and rant about it.  

Meh, I think Tawna still being mostly on-model and probably the most intrinsically flawed and slapstick version of Coco thus far is some assurance against SJWs skewing the remakes' take on female characters.

They worry about stereotyping females, just stick in Nina or Pasadena or something to balance it out. ND era Crash admittedly wasn't great for versatile female characters but the later franchise garnered a decent range of them.

I'm not sure if some post-Naughty Dog characters will be playable in this game. It could happen, but I'm not so sure about it. 

4 minutes ago, Rowl said:

I'm not sure if some post-Naughty Dog characters will be playable in this game. It could happen, but I'm not so sure about it. 

Probably not, no. But the addition of the CNK karts suggests they are at least open to post-ND stuff and they'll likely have SOME extras.

Just saying in theory if the SJWs moan the female representation is bad, they have reserves.

Well, they made Oxide playable and there are rumors of Tawna and Spyro been playable, so it could happen, that we see more. But my guess will be max. only 5 new playable characters: Brio, Koala Kong, Tawna, Spyro, and Oxide.

3 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Well, they made Oxide playable and there are rumors of Tawna and Spyro been playable, so it could happen, that we see more. But my guess will be max. only 5 new playable characters: Brio, Koala Kong, Tawna, Spyro, and Oxide.

And maybe Komodo Moe. It seemed strange having only one of a double act.

It is really strange, but if they have to cut one character, I think it would be poor Moe. Maybe they think one of the Komodo Bros. is enough. They can also cut off someone else like Brio or Kong.

59 minutes ago, Rowl said:

It is really strange, but if they have to cut one character, I think it would be poor Moe. Maybe they think one of the Komodo Bros. is enough. They can also cut off someone else like Brio or Kong.

I wouldn't mind adding Moe if they played it into Komodo Joe's use. Like say how the Norm double boss in CNK worked, from what I remember you only had to beat one Norm specifically, with the other being a hinderance if you lagged behind too much. The Komodo Joe race could work similar, withJoe still being the actual boss and keeping the rules the same as the original, but Moe providing him backup.

I heard the reason they specifically went this direction is because originally the Komodo Bros were going to share a kart, but the limited polygon space meant they had to downgrade it to just Joe.

Brio would also make sense if they added more characters because the beaker weapons are specifically mentioned as based off of his ammo in Crash 1, so him and Moe would probably make the most sense in terms of story segregation for me if they had any more new characters (besides Oxide who is confirmed already to be added to the playable roster).

No one has ever gotten offended by the trophy girls in Crash Team Racing. Although pointing out that that having women act as as trophy girls is demeaning isn't being an over the top 'SJW', it's pointing out the obvious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, back then, but time changes the taste of humans. Look at Apu from the Simpsons. 10/20 years ago no one had a problem with him, but now, in our politically correct climate, he is now suddenly a very offensive character. Same could happen with the Trophy Girls from Crash. I have a feeling nowadays every female character has to be like Rey from Disney's Star Wars; a hardcore action-girl who is perfect in every single way. If they are portrait as anything else, the SJWs will get angry and try to change everything of a property so that it will fit with their agenda. 

I still think that the Trophy Girls will be handled in a different way than before. They will be either be playable or written out completely. 

1 hour ago, Rowl said:

Yeah, back then, but time changes the taste of humans. Look at Apu from the Simpsons. 10/20 years ago no one had a problem with him, but now, in our politically correct climate, he is now suddenly a very offensive character. Same could happen with the Trophy Girls from Crash. I have a feeling nowadays every female character has to be like Rey from Disney's Star Wars; a hardcore action-girl who is perfect in every single way. If they are portrait as anything else, the SJWs will get angry and try to change everything of a property so that it will fit with their agenda. 

I still think that the trophy girls will be handled in a different way than before. They will be either be playable or written out completely. 

Rey isn't perfect in the new Star Wars films. A large part of the Last Jedi was devoted to her flaws and anxieties. Apu was always seen as offensive by certain people back in the day, it's just become more widely accepted now that his character is based on racist caricatures because of an increased awareness among the general populace of such matters.. 

The trophy girls may well be handled in a different way in the Crash Team Racing remake, or they may not be (Tawna was pretty much the same in N Sane Remake), but it won't be because of some boogeyman 'SJW' who wants to ruin everyone's fun, it's because time and attitudes has moved on in the two decades since Crash Team Racing came out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't take you guys seriously when words like "SJW" are used unironically. I'm sorry but that does not foster a serious discussion.

3 hours ago, Rowl said:

I still think that the Trophy Girls will be handled in a different way than before. They will be either be playable or written out completely. 

Well in fairness the remakes amped up Coco's flawed cartoony side, it's almost a reverse process for her given she was a rather blandly smart down to earth girl in the original games.

C'mon guys, they're just the girls that handle the trophies... nobody ever called them "trophy girls" IN the game anyways... The girls even have actual names. I'd be more concerned about their epilogue tho', I think in one of them, it's said that she's got a job at the "Bandiboy Magazine". Now that I can see being removed. Still... they're animals... I mean, really, does anyone actually has the time to make a complaint like this? Who are these people? Don't they have, like, a million better things to do? 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:16 PM, Rowl said:

I thought I told you some time back not to bring this paranoid bullshit to the thread. Whatever reason you have to hate the scary 'SJWs', this is not the place to start stirring such nonsense about the most minor of characters.

22 hours ago, Rowl said:

Nowadays you never know, what will offend people. We will see, how they will handle the trophy girls. But if they do not return, I won't be surprised by it. Sometimes I think SJWs want to get offended so that they can go on the internet and rant about it.  

I mean, do you not see the irony here!??

4 hours ago, Jango said:

C'mon guys, they're just the girls that handle the trophies... nobody ever called them "trophy girls" IN the game anyways... The girls even have actual names. I'd be more concerned about their epilogue tho', I think in one of them, it's said that she's got a job at the "Bandiboy Magazine". Now that I can see being removed. Still... they're animals... I mean, really, does anyone actually has the time to make a complaint like this? Who are these people? Don't they have, like, a million better things to do? 

There is no 'they'.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Absolutely 1

You will see how this go. SJWs will suck out everything that is 90s fun, even the more minor things like the CTR Trophy Girls. Those people will not stop with their censoring until they ruined everything. They ruined StarWars, they ruined Ghostbusters, they ruined DuckTales and they might also ruin Crash in the future. 

To be fair, the Crash series was pretty shit with their female representation in the ND era. The only character who wasn't made to be an eye candy model in a bandicoot suit was basically forced into existence by the executives because they rightly saw this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Rowl said:

You will see how this go. SJWs will suck out everything that is 90s fun, even the more minor things like the CTR Trophy Girls. Those people will not stop with their censoring until they ruined everything. They ruined StarWars, they ruined Ghostbusters, they ruined DuckTales and they might also ruin Crash in the future. 

There's no evidence whatsoever that Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled will be ruined by 'SJW' boogeymen.

I'm not even going to get into Star Wars and Ghostbusters (even though, a classic style Ghostbusters is coming out anyway), because they have nothing to do with Crash.

Just on the Crash N Sane; not only was Tawna just as over the top Pamela Anderson-esque as she was on the PS1, but as someone else here pointed out, they actually made Coco way, way more stereotypically 'nerdy dumb girl' than she was in the original games. The only pseudo-feminist thing they did was having Tawna fight back in Crash 1's opening cutscene, but she still got damselled, they didn't change anything in the greater scheme of things.

The chances of the trophy girls from CTR being pulled out to appease 'SJW's' is utter madness. Literally no one is talking about it and the past remakes show that the new CTR will be faithful to the original. And even if they did remove them or made them racers (extremely unlikely), I'd hardly be the biggest deal in the world. Looking back on it, Crash never was progressive on the female issue and a lot of fans like myself feel that the trophy girls and Tawna were always a bit weird and out of place in Crash's otherwise kiddy, cartoony world.

Like dude, take a step back and actually think about this rationally rather than jumping to the 'SJW' fear train which is so dominant online.

• Absolutely 1

17 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Maybe Pawn wasn't clear: knock it off with the off-topic conspiracy theorist bullshit that you gleaned from YouTube/Tumblr/Twitter that is specifically manufactured for clicks and outrage.

Next time is a strike. End of discussion.

• Thumbs Up 4

I want to try to stop this madness, so back to CTR.

I like the way Oxide looks, but it's a tiny bit jarring seeing him shrunk down, makes sense though! I'm just so happy to see him playable and not looking weird as he did in CNK. I spent so many hours in the original vainly trying to unlock Oxide in Time Trial!