Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

I noticed this little bit of info from the press release too.

"The bonus CNK content will include all thirteen of the game’s tracks which have been adapted to match the original CTR experience. "

Really hope that means we get CNK characters and items. I wonder how this will affect the adventure mode.

Wait... all characters and tracks from Nitro Kart will be in this game? That would be really fantastic! Kinda weird to see characters like Crunch and N. Trance already use without giving them a proper introduction to new fans, but, eh, I can live with that. 

THIRTEEN tracks from CNK?

Well. DAMN. Guys. This game WILL have enough content to sustain itself for long. Trust Beenox.

Also, the new take on Electron Avenue looks like Stardust Speedway Good Future, HOLY SHIT. Crash does Sonic better than Sonic itself lol

• Nice Smile 1

So with the 16 tracks from CTR + the 13 ones from CNK we got 29 tracks. Still 19 tracks lower than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but 10 more than TSR. But 29 is a weird number I have to say. Maybe they make one new track for the game to make it 30 tracks in the end.

33 is still very impressive. Good job Beenox! Also, maybe Spyro isn't the only new track. What, if we get a new cup with 4 new cups. Then the number will be 36. So we could now have with this number 9 cups.

This is probably a given if it happens, but if Spyro gets added to the roster, I'd hope he gets voicelines instead of being silent like he was in CNK GBA. 

In any case, I'm definitely pre-ordering this. That's a lot of content confirmed so far. 

You know what is great about the CNK tracks? Nitro-Fueled, as far as we know, doesn't have the anti-gravity mechanic, so it's likely that most of these tracks have been re-worked, which means they're basically new tracks right now. Awesome! 

I only have a small concern about the release date. I mean, June is pretty close and now we have a game with over 30 tracks, and I'm only counting the RACING ones. Will Activision delay the game... Or sell a season pass to include the CNK tracks later on?

The absolute love put into these tracks is genuinely smiling emotion. They completely revamped Hot Air Skyway to make it look lile it's an actual town in the sky now. The returning CNK tracks just sweeten the deal even more. All 13 CNK tracks are in too it said? Man that means Out of Time and Hyper Spaceway is gonna have to be reworked hard if that's the case.

AND Theyre bringing CNK characters? AND their BATTLE tracks? And NF itself will have a retro inspired track? I wonder if TTR will see representation too. I mean...other than like two characters (Pasadena and Von Clutch) I don't remember anything notable from that game they could bring back far as tracks are concerned.

59 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

I noticed this little bit of info from the press release too.

"The bonus CNK content will include all thirteen of the game’s tracks which have been adapted to match the original CTR experience. "

Really hope that means we get CNK characters and items. I wonder how this will affect the adventure mode.

The subtitle Nitro Fueled would make more sense, if this was the case.

26 minutes ago, TCB said:

The absolute love put into these tracks is genuinely smiling emotion. They completely revamped Hot Air Skyway to make it look lile it's an actual town in the sky now. The returning CNK tracks just sweeten the deal even more. All 13 CNK tracks are in too it said? Man that means Out of Time and Hyper Spaceway is gonna have to be reworked hard if that's the case.

AND Theyre bringing CNK characters? AND their BATTLE tracks? And NF itself will have a retro inspired track? I wonder if TTR will see representation too. I mean...other than like two characters (Pasadena and Von Clutch) I don't remember anything notable from that game they could bring back far as tracks are concerned.

I remember liking some CTTR tracks like Once Upon A Tire and Fossil Fuel Injection, but the problem is that CTTR used a very different driving gameplay from the kart racers, so they'd likely have to be reworked a great deal (I wouldn't mind Pasadena returning however).

Nitro Kart makes more sense anyway not just because of it's similarities to CTR but because Vicarious Visions' involvement with both of these games (even if mostly only resources in the case of Nitro Fuelled) along with racing-obsessed alien world arc (that ND intended to destroy the franchise with Springtime With Hitler style :P) that continued between those two games.

Also on a minor note, I kinda hope they fit in the Nitro Kart theme somewhere in the game:

• Thumbs Up 3

Now the only thing keeping this game from being perfection is an original soundtrack toggle like Spyro Reignited.

• Thumbs Up 1

New pics!

This one looks gorgeous, I'm so happy they got CNK tracks:

auto-draft-87.jpg#main

auto-draft-89.jpg#main

Oh my God, the characters even look down and put on an "oh shit face" when they're about to hit hazards? That's a whole new level, damn. Poor Pura xD

I hope this game has a photo mode.

More here: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/25/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-will-include-crash-nitro-kart-courses/

• Thumbs Up 3

auto-draft-94.jpg#main

Hey, that rat on the left actually makes Sewer Speedway start to look like the level from Crash 2. 

That being said, that rat is more like a combination of the Crash 2 rats and the Twinsanity rats. 

• Thumbs Up 3

All of the facial expressions are great. Goddam, this game is so freaking good! This is a racing game that can really compete with Mario Kart! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad Sewer Speedway will be played at PAX, it's one of the best and most fun tracks in CTR, with also a great song. It will also be a good chance to test the physics on those halfpipes!

Okay you know what, I've been saying over and over again that we wouldn't have any new content.

I was so wrong, and I'm so delighted to be so utterly wrong.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

The CNK tracks look stunning! (Also I love that little 'retro' sun in the BG of that Electron Avenue pic, haha)

• Thumbs Up 1

The decision to bring literally every track from Nitro Kart into CTR:NF was a fantastic idea. I've played the game myself, but only remember very little of it since I haven't played it in years. Maybe now would be a good time to pick it up again.

But one thing I noticed no one is mentioned (as far as I know) is the music in the trailer is I guess a remastered version of the credits theme. I put both tracks side-by-side in my video for comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1