Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

They will learn. CTR is not hard. You only get good with practice. I still have trouble with the sewer short cut myself lol

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Most of the characters in the Crash Bandicoot cast are villains and antagonists.

It's literally the opposite of the Sonic Game Cast.

That is actually the truth. Although I see some of them more as neutral characters like Ripper Roo and Papu Papu. 

9 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I like Crash Tag Team Racing characters better all the evil characters in CTR feel like their competing in the "most ugly bad guy pageant". The tracks look beautiful and the races run smooth from what I've seen but It might be hard for new players as older racing games are much harder then the modern ones.  

Not this one. CTR ever since the PSOne days was a cut above the rest. It's not "harder", the rules of the game that are different. While in every Mario Kart the rule is luck, in CTR is skill and timing. There's no blue shells in this one, that's why game jornalists suck so badly, they can't count on luck in CTR. Anyone can win in Mario Kart because the game spams OP weapons when you're in last. When they stumble into CTR, which require actually skills, they say it's hard and "not for kids" lol 

Pretty sure 99% here played this as little kids and beat it, didn't?

• Thumbs Up 2

Blue Shell= Warp Orb. Though you are right. MK is based on pure luck. Even nintendo stated this saying those in last are given op items on purpose to make it back to the top. You could get a warp orb in ctr in 3rd or even 2nd place though.

10 hours ago, Jango said:

Not this one. CTR ever since the PSOne days was a cut above the rest. It's not "harder", the rules of the game that are different. While in every Mario Kart the rule is luck, in CTR is skill and timing. There's no blue shells in this one, that's why game jornalists suck so badly, they can't count on luck in CTR. Anyone can win in Mario Kart because the game spams OP weapons when you're in last. When they stumble into CTR, which require actually skills, they say it's hard and "not for kids" lol 

Pretty sure 99% here played this as little kids and beat it, didn't?

Let's be fair, a really shitty player can not win in the latest Mario Kart games even with the Blue Shell still being a fuck. Hell, that might be what makes people angrier about it now, because the items only cause luck wins in evenly matched races. I'm almost entirely sure Journalists are struggling is due to the game being mechanically different. I'll admit when playing it at PAX I forgot how to actually use mini-turbos until near the end of my time with the demo!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Mario Kart is really more luck based. I think they did this so that everyone has a chance to win. But for the single player, it is kinda frustrating if you are so close to winning, but then get screwed over by a blue shell or another item. Crash Team Racing is more skilled based, meaning if you want to win, you have to be good. 

To be fair, Mario Kart 8 dialed back the BS quite a lot; they greatly reduced the amount of recovery time on weapons and ring outs.

CTR also has quite long recovery times when you get hit by most weapons, it's not very short like the All Stars Racing games.

Speaking of All-Stars Racing, my memory is a bit fuzzy, but didn't Transformed had a bubble above the racers' head showing which weapon they were holding? What you guys think of this mechanic? 

They probably did this, so that other racers maybe have a better chance to react. Mario Kart now has this as well, where the characters hold the item in their hands. 

I kinda like this, maybe as an option that could be turned on/off. 

Speaking of weapons, wonder if they're going to add a sort of digital manual explaining the weapon's effects and such. I love these things, they could even make one explaing the characters backstory too, especially because there will be CNK racers, like Crunch. All this would definitely help newcomers.

Are we really 100% sure, that characters like Crunch or N. Trance will return for this game? I kinda find it a bit... odd to show of characters that haven't probably introduced yet for the new audience? Even with a character bio, it will feel really awkward. 

I'm skeptical on the CNK characters, but then look how wrong I was last time!

I'd prefer to see classic reps if I'm being honest; N Brio was a glaring omission at the time, and it would be cool if Koala Kong and Tawna were in.

I'm curious to see how they handle Penta and Oxide, who were both utterly broken in the finalised PAL release. I wonder how you will unlock Penta; I hope he won't be cut.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I kinda like this, maybe as an option that could be turned on/off. 

Speaking of weapons, wonder if they're going to add a sort of digital manual explaining the weapon's effects and such. I love these things, they could even make one explaing the characters backstory too, especially because there will be CNK racers, like Crunch. All this would definitely help newcomers.

I'd cry if we still got a physical manual

Crunch Bandicoot confirmed playable (10:30)!

1 hour ago, Motwera said:

I've found you, faker :D

You can't have CTR without Crash's best doppleganger!

2 hours ago, Rowl said:

Are we really 100% sure, that characters like Crunch or N. Trance will return for this game? I kinda find it a bit... odd to show of characters that haven't probably introduced yet for the new audience? Even with a character bio, it will feel really awkward. 

Right from the game director mouth's:

I mean, it will be "odd" but I wouldn't mind much, this is an arcade game, a spin-off. They could, as I suggested earlier, add a digital guide explaining the characters' backstory. 

Edit: Ninja'd.

Don't count on physical manual, games don't do that anymore 😕

Edited by Jango

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Right from the game director mouth's:

I mean, it will be "odd" but I wouldn't mind much, this is an arcade game, a spin-off. They could, as I suggested earlier, add a digital guide explaining the characters' backstory. 

Edit: Ninja'd.

Don't count on physical manual, games don't do that anymore 😕

Actually Japan still includes manuals with games many times.

I wouldn't see why. Mario and Sonic spinoffs include characters who haven't been revelant to the plot for years all the time.  More often than not, most people don't question their inclusion. Chances are most people will just write Crunch off as Crash's friend who showed up in another game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario and Sonic also never head a huge break and disappeared for many years, unlike Crash and Spyro. They kinda need to introduce all of the characters new for newer audiences.

19 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

That poor dragon. 

What happened?

Canadian Guy's impression & Critiques:

He says the physics are pretty much 1:1 to the original.

He thinks the characters don't jump quite as high as the original and after getting hit there is an unnecessary delay before you can start moving again.

• Thumbs Up 1