Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

8 hours ago, Jango said:

You played? Nice! What you say about the game?

It feels great. Forgot how to mini-turbo for quite a bit, but that’s my own fault. It honestly feels like they nearly perfectly lifted the original CTR’s gameplay and gave it an absolutely gorgeous paint job. It convinced me I’m gonna get it at launch for my Xbox One X rather than wait. I’ll maybe even get the PC or Switch version later down the line too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh jolly, that's really nice. I assume it's gonna get even better when it's out, as Beenox probably gathered some real time feedback from PAX, and the daily Reddit feedbacks, which they're indeed listening very closely.

I can't wait for June!

Yeah, they had a few Beenox staff there watching everyone play and asking for their feedback after our time was up. Didn’t encounter any glitches in the demo, but it did seem item hits disabled you just a tad longer than the original. People had already brought that up to the guy I talked to, and he said they were going to be working on balance still.

That's Inferno Island? 😦

I love that they made it night time to differentiate from Crash Cove! Also, hay there Velo. I like the fact that the CNK levels aren't set on Earth, it really shows. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Motwera said:

First look at Inferno Island

They made a Lot of changes in all the right places. The night setting really helps make the fireballs stand out. And what's this? The Velo Moon that was only seen in Terra's Hub world. Just for this reason alone, I think the CNK hub worlds have been removed. And instead combining those elements in I'd assume the 1st track of each world.

I guess this confirms Velo. I hope it's his robot form instead of the Yoda knock off we got in CNK. It makes more sense too, seeing that we are unlikely to get CNK's story mode.

Skins confirmed for Tiny and Pura, along with customization stickers (which include the old character icons) and a look at Tiger Temple. Shots are apparently from the new retail demos.

• Thumbs Up 1

And if some hardcore players were unsure about the inclusion of the secret techniques (reserve system and the sacred fire thing), you can rest easy:

https://streamable.com/006an

It is in Nitro-Fueled.

Also, skins do change the character icons, not just their looks in game, which confirms my theory that the Pinstripe with the purple suit and hat that was leaked is indeed an alternate skin ;)

I think every character will have the color palette swap skin ala Super Smash Bros. (or literally any fighting game) and at least one actual skin, like a different clothing. Crash, Coco and Cortex obviously have the lead right now, because of the Retro skins, Star skins and Electron skins, but hopefully, every character will get a cool one too. Maybe there could be a Gladiator skin for Tiny, Professor skin for Ripper Roo and so on. I'm sure Beenox will surprise us with nice references.

Right now I only see people complaining about the color palette swap skins as if it's the end of the world... 🙄

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jango said:

And if some hardcore players were unsure about the inclusion of the secret techniques (reserve system and the sacred fire thing), you can rest easy:

https://streamable.com/006an

It is in Nitro-Fueled.

Also, skins do change the character icons, not just their looks in game, which confirms my theory that the Pinstripe with the purple suit and hat that was leaked is indeed an alternate skin ;)

I think every character will have the color palette swap skin ala Super Smash Bros. (or literally any fighting game) and at least one actual skin, like a different clothing. Crash, Coco and Cortex obviously have the lead right now, because of the Retro skins, Star skins and Electron skins, but hopefully, every character will get a cool one too. Maybe there could be a Gladiator skin for Tiny, Professor skin for Ripper Roo and so on. I'm sure Beenox will surprise us with nice references.

Right now I only see people complaining about the color palette swap skins as if it's the end of the world... 🙄

Most of the color swaps are pretty ugly and theres no concrete proof that everyone will get actual alternate skins, so the negative reception and complaints  are  warranted for now.

4 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

Most of the color swaps are pretty ugly and theres no concrete proof that everyone will get actual alternate skins, so the negative reception and complaints  are  warranted for now.

Eh, so are color swaps in every fighting games, even Smash... We get used to the original colors, it's normal to think they look off or weird. From a design perspective, none of these color combinations are offensive to the eye, they're all within the color spectrum and have the correct contrast between them.

No proof is a biiiiit of a stretch, this is a very old build, even older than the PAX one... I'm pretty sure every character will have, why would they make skins for only 3 characters? Nah, they all will have nice skins, I trust these guys. Also, it's Activision. They will want to milk this as much as possible. The sad part is, I'm probably gonna bite....

Papu's Blanka cosplay and Polar becoming a Red Panda are my favorites. Gotta say, the customization is looking pretty impressive for a remake of a 90's kart racer. Beenox is really pulling out all the stops.

Nitros Oxide Edition content reveal and CNK Characters reveal as well!

It should be also noted that Nitros Oxide, Crunch, Zem and Zam characters, and the hovercraft kart can be also unlocked in the standard version of game through in-game challenges and rewards

OMFG, Crunch looks awesome! Even Zam and Zem looks less obnoxious, dare I say even a little... Cute?

Aaaaaaaand pre-ordered.

Once I get home from work that is :P

HOLY SHIT CRUNCH IS BACK

I really hope this is a hint of things to come, I always liked Crunch as a big brother character to Crash and Coco, and thought it sucked that he was reduced to shitty Mr. T parody.