Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

Just gimme this game now.

Lots of skins for every character.

CNK bosses playable.

Lots of customization.

• Promotion 5

The game really is ripe in content, it's even more than people would have hoped for back at the reveal.
Now it really is just missing characters from the OG trilogy like N.Brio and it'd be complete.

This game can't get better, seriously. Man, imagine if they're adding aaaaaaaaaaall this content, but the gameplay is uncanny like N. Sane Trilogy? It would be a small tragedy. I'm still gonna buy and play it tho', I can get used to "a little different", like I did with the Trilogy.

If this game adds N Brio and Tawna I don't know how they could make it better to be honest.

It's exceeded my expectations at ever turn so at this point I'm not even surprised when it does something crazy.

The pre-order epidemic with this game does continue to be a bummer though.

Also, props to Beenox for referencing Crash Tag Team Racing with Ninja Cortex and Ballerina N.Gin.

I loved Pura's musketeer skin!!!! Panda Polar! Dingodile with a water gun is genius. Mayor Ripper Roo, they remember! My God, Beenox.

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

The pre-order epidemic with this game does continue to be a bummer though.

Huh? You think all this content is pre-order locked? Naaaaaah. I think you can unlock everything on your own by playing the game. 

I fully expect a season pass tho'.

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

You think all this content is pre-order locked?

Obviously not. I'm talking about the stuff actually said to be pre-order exclusive. It's annoying when companies still resort to that.

Adorable musketeer Pura! 

CTTR skins (ninja Cortex, tutu N.Gin, princess Coco)! 

Fashion disaster Dingodile! 

NAAAAAAAAAASH

13 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Obviously not. I'm talking about the stuff actually said to be pre-order exclusive. It's annoying when companies still resort to that.

Well... So... you didn't wanted anything then? Eh. At least the pre-order exclusive content is all cosmetics. If they made, say, SPYRO, pre-order exclusive, now THAT would be a dick move IMO.

CTTR Content Confirmed! Also the CNK villains were only playable on the GBA version aside from Velo. This means Spyro is likely to return as well. Even the cheat code & power-up skins are possible.

PR (Via Gematsu) and Blog post:

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-customization-trailer-screenshots

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will offer players a variety of ways to mix and match kart bodies, wheels, paint jobs, stickers, and even add decals to karts. Now fans—both new and those who first fell in love with the 90s classic—can create a sweet looking ride! What’s more, karts from Crash Tag Team Racing will be available in the new game.

In addition to the ability to customized karts, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will also let players customize their racers. Yes, lead developer Beenox is adding N. sane character skins to the remastered game. This will allow players to adorn their characters with a zany sense of swag and personality—Boo-ya! Also new to the Crash Team Racing experience are unique podium animations available to certain skins making celebrating victories even more amazing. And if that wasn’t enough, characters from Crash Nitro Kart will be available in the new game.

Players will earn customization items by playing through the Adventure Mode and also by collecting in-game Wumpa Coins to swag out their kart and characters in the game’s Pit Stop area. What’s more, character stats, just as you remember are returning and will include Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes. So, whether you are a first-time racer, or a pro eager to put your skills to the test again, the wait is almost over!

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2019-05/Announcement-Crash-Bandicoot-Customization-Revealed-Part-1

Are you ready to trick out your karts with a variety of cool wheels, crazy paint schemes, stylish stickers, and robust chassis for the first time in Crash Team Racing? Then be sure to watch the latest trailer for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, and read on for the first details on how to customize your kart with a load of different options as you play through the game, when it launches on PlayStation® 4, Nintendo Switch™, and Xbox One™ this June 21.

Also check back here tomorrow (May 10), where we’ll go into detail on the characters and character skins you’re able to choose as you play through the game.

Yeah. Crash Tag Team Racing characters and maybe even at least a few tracks are a real possibility now. Jesus Christ this game will be massive.

This ain't a remaster, this is a celebration of all Crash racing games. 

I want it for yesterday.

27 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Hold on, look carefully in the background....

pfu0hfI.png

jslf7lhdn7x21.png

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

This ain't a remaster, this is a celebration of all Crash racing games.

Y'know at this rate, it's kind of a shame that they didn't include each of the racing games' campaigns while they're at it.

Well, okay Tag Team Racing I can see being the exception,  but if they include all the tracks from CNK, one has to wonder about that.

41 minutes ago, Jango said:

Well... So... you didn't wanted anything then?

What are you talking about? The prospect of companies not resorting to making stuff pre-order exclusive doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

TBH, I think they DID added CNK story mode, or at least the hub-worlds. 

Well, there's a PlayStation Direct, I mean, State of Play happening today. 

As for the pre-order thing bothering you. Eh. What can I say. It's either that or loot boxes these days... I'm over it at this point. Companies, dude.

Holy CRAP, this game just gets even better! Such a huge variety of skins, kart parts, and characters! (PLAYABLE HD CNK BOSSES! YES!! Think Nash might be my new main because sharkman.) This absolutely can't get here soon enough. Also...

9WdINk8.jpg

N. Trance stealth confirmed, which isn't too surprising since they've already included every single playable CNK character from BOTH versions, barring Norm (who honestly is a given), Velo's robot body, and Spyro.

To be honest, it'd be neat to see the TTR tracks in the game, so they get a chance to be played without the bad morphing mechanics from the original game that made it easy as hell to win any race.

I'm surprised how much is going into this game honestly, especially given it was only announced six months ago. As someone who's first Crash games was Wrath of Cortex, and Nitro Kart (As well as Warped), I can't wait to see the CNK tracks re-imagined.

As for personal wishes, I'm hoping Spyro, Nina, (aaaaand maybe Jak, as an exclusive PS4 character, if they can get the rights from Sony) as unlockables, and in terms of skins - hell, give us Titans!Crash, and Coco, and Evil Crash from Twinsanity.

I'm all for a CTTR track for the music alone xD I miss the acapella, I think it fits Crash. Pirates of the Carburetor is pretty dope.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm glad they are taking customs from CTTR , I tried the game and I love it , so many adorable customs .

wish if they take Nina and Pasadena too :sob::broken_heart:

That's a cute costume, but DAMN that smile drips of sarcasm. XD

Still quietly holding hope for Pasadena appearing, though this is a pretty big load as it is. Beenox has REALLY done their homework with all the call backs here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Neat, literally every CNK then (minus robot Velo)! Really happy that they're going with the old fashioned way to unlocking characters. Hopefully Brio, Tawna, Koala Kong and Spyro could be unlocked the same way :)

I noticed Velo was referred to as "Real" Velo on the blog. Maybe theres still hope for Robot Velo. Why don't they just call him Velo unless there was more than one form for him? It's not that much of stretch, seeing as we're getting both Norms.