Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

Robot Velo is still a possibility, since they make it a point to mention that all CTR and CNK characters will be available in the post and Penta Penguin is missing from their little list.

Looks like there's going to be a press preview event (conveniently after the SEGA one was wrapped up a few weeks ago) for the game, footage is probably gonna be out soon

If I didn't already had a PS4, I would be dying for this bundle. I bought my PS4 right after the announcement of Crash N. Sane Trilogy, not gonna lie.

Cool racer cards! I wish Beenox could add some sort of gallery with a brief description of each character, which game they originated from, some basic lore and such. This would be a way to introduce the characters from CNK and CTTR, even if briefly. 

Also, I really hope this game has a driving license like Sonic Racing Transformed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, I don't think we've seen the last of CTTR content.

If true, this could mean a Twinsanity character's introduction.

Actually there is more proof from more sources.

Like this one at about the 7-minute point.

• Thumbs Up 1

These guys are also saying there will be Tag Team Racing tracks.

I mean, sure we got the cars from CTTR, the two chicken guys... But they could just be cool references and nothing else. Just imagine the hell of a job would be to rearrange the CTTR tracks to fit CTR's gameplay? 

I think it's easier to believe that the characters from CTTR, like Nina, Pasadena and Von Clutch, would be in, but the tracks? I really don't know.

Time will tell. But if they do. The madmen! I would love to race in the Rings of Uranus.

He could have confused Cortex Castle for a new track. The track does look like its from the middle ages. Also, I heard Mystery Caves is taking some environmental elements from the prehistoric stages in Warped.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooooh, I bet we're gonna get a glimpse at the Adventure Mode. Hmmm, to watch or not to watch, that's the question...

13 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

You're acting like you're not gonna cave in and watch it anyway. 

Don't make fun of my hype!!!!! It's a disease, I can't control it and I'm taking medicine okay? 😧

N. Trance's skin looks like he's ready to enter the kids pool XD

Loved General Tiny skin! I imagine it's a reference to his look in Crash of the Titans.

11 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Heh, one of the windows in Cortex Castle references Cocortex. 

There seems to be Nina and Brio as well.

Oh and if you guys want some screenies of the confirmed roster's icons:

unknown-99.png

No new characters confirmed besides N Trance and the Norms (which everyone was kind of expecting by this point anyway).

JPEG_20190516_141124.png

His skin seems to be a scuba diver costume.

unknown-149.png

Not totally sold on Out of Time though. I get the anti gravity section had to be removed and the replacement area looks lavish but the original track as a whole was a narrow maze with loads of sharp turns, while this looks retooled into another wide open straight forward track like Dingo Canyon.

• Thumbs Up 1

There WAS a possible Robot Velo hint, though. (Dude in the stream asked if there was a fake Velo and rep guy said he couldn't say. Could just be being silly, though.)

I absolutely adore the character icons. They could've just went with the 2D ones from N.Sane Trilogy, but these new ones are so great and unique.

Oh, and it looks like they fixed the issue I had with homing missile: in the old builds you can't see the missile catching up behind you before it hits, your character would simply explode out of nowhere, very akwardly BTW. Now you can see it closing by like in the original. 

There will be another stream with Nolan North (Nathan Drake) and Troy Baker (Joel) soon, BTW! It will be on the channel Retro Replay on YouTube.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody told me Dingodile and Espio regularly met up for game nights. 

Let me just write that into my book of reptile boi headcanons. 

With N Trance being in the game, I’m surprised they didn’t include Evil Coco, and Evil Crunch’s outfits from N Tranced on the GBA (They were basically outfits they wore while brainwashed and serving N Trance and N Tropy). Since all we saw of Evil Coco and Evil Crunch retrospectively was low quality images of them on GBA, as well as N Trance and Fake Crash being playable, it could’ve been a neat way to reference one of VV’s earlier Crash games.

Still hoping for Evil Crash the most though.