Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

20 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

If there will be character DLC , I will gladly pay for Pasadena and Nina being playable .

I'm willing to bet there will be a season pass. Characters are a given (which I think it'll be the destiny of the missing classic characters, such as N. Brio and Koala Kong), skins are also veeeeery likely. Hopefully new and original tracks will be DLC too.

5 hours ago, Motwera said:

Zem and Zam characters trailer, more tracks from CNK are also shown

Gasmoxia?

Boy, they sure seem to like these two.

Also, why do they look like toys?

Here's an interesting question. What exclusive content will the XB1 & Switch versions get if there is any?

https://constant-thinker.com/2019/05/26/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-will-the-xbox-one-nintendo-switch-have-any-exclusive-content/

Also I bet that we'll get this as a skin for Penta Penguin. Fish?

Also here the 5-characters I hope to see in CTR:NF.

https://constant-thinker.com/2019/05/27/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-5-racers-id-like-to-see/

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, Shiroi said:

Personally I just assumed they were given the nickname of "Trophy Girls" because they gave out the trophies or something. I didn't play the full game growing up so I don't know the full context.

Probably too late to mention this but, yes. They are called Trophy Girls because they give out the trophies. They do have actual names and although I can't confirm it for myself, "Bandipedia" claims they were named after real people at Naughty Dog/Sony.

latest?cb=20190103103133Megumi - Gives trophy to Neo Cortez, N. Gin & N. Tropy.

latest?cb=20190103095402Liz - Gives trophy to Polar & Pura.

latest?cb=20190102145547Ami - Gives trophy to Tiny, Dingodile, Ripper Roo, Pinstripe, Komodo Joe, Papu Papu, Fake Crash, Penta & N. Oxide.

latest?cb=20110120164510Isabella - Gives trophy to Crash and Coco.

Nice, they're giving a home track to characters that didn't got one in the original ^^

I think Out of Time fits N. Tropy like a glove haha 

Wonder if the tracks from the original CTR that didn't had "owners" will get one too, like Mistery Caves (Baby T?) or Blizzard Buff (Penta?)

Also, the exclusive retro track is indeed a totally polygonal vanilla track from the original game. Neat. But they pick Turbo Track, which is kinda bad. I mean, not BAD, just a rather difficult and boring track. I could swear they would pick Crash Cove or Coco Park. Oh well. SPONSERED BY PLAYSTATION.

People noticed on Reddit that when you're playing with the retro kart, the engine sound changes to the original, holy shit that attention (I couldn't hear shit tho' haha).

But Dragon Mines, man, oh man. I love that each track has a bunch of stuff going on the background, it reminds me a lot of Racing Transformed. TSR doesn't have much more than a whale jumping around.

That retro track is really disappointing. It's just a low poly version of Turbo Track with the Playstation logo spammed everywhere. Would've been cooler if some of the background elements were references to other PS exclusives similar to what they did in the PS4 version of the N.Sane Trilogy.

• Absolutely 3

On 5/31/2019 at 7:19 PM, mayday2592 said:

That retro track is really disappointing. It's just a low poly version of Turbo Track with the Playstation logo spammed everywhere. Would've been cooler if some of the background elements were references to other PS exclusives similar to what they did in the PS4 version of the N.Sane Trilogy.

Or they could've just chosen a more interesting track at least, like Papu Pyramid, or Hot Air Skyway, heck even Crash Cove would've been better.

Someone on Reddit suggested that the retro track could be shapped like the "PS" logo and honestly, that would've been cooler aswell.

Oh well, at least the skins and kart are cool.

They weren’t going to kneecap the sales of the Switch and Xbox versions with a REAL exclusive track, but still they could have picked a better one than Slide Coliseum with PS logos slapped on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I guess no-PS players aren't missing anything. Bit of a shame they botched the job there.

The irony of SEGA publishing their kart game rival in Japan is hilarious.

Crash's design though... I get it's aimed at the Japanese audience and they're used to Crash's box-art looking like that, but it looks kinda weird to me.

1 hour ago, AlphaRuby said:

Crash's design though... I get it's aimed at the Japanese audience and they're used to Crash's box-art looking like that, but it looks kinda weird to me.

It'll be even more hilarious if this outsells TSR in Japan. Although I wonder if this gives Crash a chance to appear in a Sega All Stars game if another one is made.

1 hour ago, mayday2592 said:

It'll be even more hilarious if this outsells TSR in Japan. Although I wonder if this gives Crash a chance to appear in a Sega All Stars game if another one is made.

Highly unlikely. SEGA’s only publishing the game since Activision doesn’t distribute games directly in Japan.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm been wondering for quite a while about a possible super unlockable character (or track) like Sonic Transformed's AGES.

What could be this character or track? Naughty Dog's old mascot? Unused designs for Crash? A track inside Crash's head? 

As for "guest DLC", I wouldn't mind Sonic TBH.

5 hours ago, AlphaRuby said:

Is it really worth anything calling them rivals?

Anyway, how exactly does publishing work?