Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

I haven't been paying much attention lately, but fuck me the amount of content this game is gonna have is amazing. Making the trophy girls playable characters is a great idea. I wonder if Nitro Fueled will end up having more playable characters then MK8???

Adding more new tracks (looks like we'll be getting themed tracks from Crash 1, 2 & 3 stages), & challenges to encourage players to keep coming back to this game is very cool.

I've already pre-ordered this on PS4. I've now decided to also purchase the Switch version.

Only 10 days left...

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

Why? It's much better that way. 

Most games would just make them alternate costumes that just happen to be effectively different characters. And given this game has things like RoboCrunch and Puar in Boots, well...

Am I the only one worried about this? Like, the trophy girls in particular have to be bought with coins in order to unlock them. 

Given this sounds very much the seasonal systems found in games like Black Ops 4 - what that likely means is coins will be microtransactions, where you can either grind them out the long, hard, and tedious way - or you can buy coins, and likely seasonal tiers as well to unlock them right away.

I dunno, the trophy girls were always kind of out of place in CTR and I much rather would have Brio, Koala Kong or other characters in their place.

Also, I know that the PS1 left a lot to your imagination, but I'm not sure I like their reimagining.

Image result for ctr trophy girls

jpeg.jpg

I think the idea of 'sexy bandicoot ladies for laughs' was always a bit odd, but at least it worked on the PS1 where it was more abstract and they went for a cuter hyper anime design. THe more realistic look here kind of rubs me the wrong way.

One good thing is that it has stopped conspiracy theories about them being removed to appease SJWs!!!!!!!! :o 😮 😮 

23 minutes ago, Plasme said:

I dunno, the trophy girls were always kind of out of place in CTR and I much rather would have Brio, Koala Kong or other characters in their place.

Also, I know that the PS1 left a lot to your imagination, but I'm not sure I like their reimagining.

jpeg.jpg

I think the idea of 'sexy bandicoot ladies for laughs' was always a bit odd, but at least it worked on the PS1 where it was more abstract and they went for a cuter hyper anime design. THe more realistic look here kind of rubs me the wrong way.

One good thing is that it has stopped conspiracy theories about them being removed to appease SJWs!!!!!!!! :o 😮 😮 

They’re not the only upcoming characters. Beenox has already stated there would be more seasons after the first three.

Still love Tawnas design. But yeah... Trophy girls look a bit... well, the eyes aren’t big enough. And I mean THE EYES.

The original anime inspired style and facial designs is part of what made them appealing in the first place. I completely understand toning down the other... *ahem*...’assets’, but they’ve also lost a little bit more of their identities in this update.

It feels as though you could swap the hair styles between the character models and you wouldn’t know the difference between them.

Honestly the anime eyes would be extremely off putting compared to the rest of the cast . Especially if they had them in the current style.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree that you couldn't just use the PS1 design in the more realistic remake. The point I'm trying to make is they shouldn't really have been brought back. It worked in the PS1 original because they were a very minor element of the original game and because of the PS1's low polygonal, more abstract art style, they could get away with the hyper anime design. But with the quirky designs gone in the more realistic style, they just look boring now.

And tbh, even on the PS1 they were a bit weird and out of place. I honestly forgot they existed until people moaned that 'SJW's' called for them to be removed (the usual conspiracy theory nonsense). I certainly would never have wanted or even believed they would be made playable over more important candidates.

Beenix has been taking requests from the fans pretty seriously, So its very unlikely the Nitro Squad's inclusion is preventing the missing characters from showing up in the next seasons.

2 hours ago, Plasme said:

jpeg.jpg

Ooh. That is quite a drop.

The Asian one in particularly almost looks like something out of DKC.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Am I the only one worried about this? Like, the trophy girls in particular have to be bought with coins in order to unlock them. 

Given this sounds very much the seasonal systems found in games like Black Ops 4 - what that likely means is coins will be microtransactions, where you can either grind them out the long, hard, and tedious way - or you can buy coins, and likely seasonal tiers as well to unlock them right away.

Honestly, I rather a thooooooousand times more unlock the characters with in-game currency, like the old fashioned way. I absolutely despise companies that lock characters behind paid DLC, especially character-based games, like fighting and racing games. Do this for cosmetics and shit, but not fucking characters. We are living in a world where A SINGLE character in Dragon Ball FighterZ is 15 bucks, same for MvsC Infinite and many other games. It's kinda of a miracle what happened to CTR Nitro-Fueled TBH. They confirmed no microtransactions, ever. And according to the blog post, the Grand Prix rewards CAN be adquired after the event is over with Wumpa Coins too. And heck, I couldn't care less if they decide that you can unlock characters with real money down the line, as long as you still can unlock them the old and right way, by playing the damn game. 

Besides, I bet it won't be as long and tedious as you're imagining, they want us to play with these characters. Maybe some skins will require actual grinding, but eh, skins. Not to mention, this is a family friendly game, it probably won't require tooooons of grinding. I bet with you that a single Adventure Mode playthrough will earn you enough Wumpa Coins to unlock mostly everything.

I'm gonna be honest, when I saw that image showing the 3 different events, I swore it was some kind of season pass. It was the first negative thing I got for this game. Thank God it wasn't the case.

I'm just glad that Activision did something good for once after the whole Spyro fiasco... 

In a nutshell, this game is basically perfect in my opinion, probably the best remake ever made. To be honest, this is far beyond being a remake, it's brand new game.

2 hours ago, Son-icka said:

Still love Tawnas design. But yeah... Trophy girls look a bit... well, the eyes aren’t big enough. And I mean THE EYES.

The original anime inspired style and facial designs is part of what made them appealing in the first place. I completely understand toning down the other... *ahem*...’assets’, but they’ve also lost a little bit more of their identities in this update.

It feels as though you could swap the hair styles between the character models and you wouldn’t know the difference between them.

I was gonna make a joke about that being the case anyway, but looking at the image provided, yeah. There's actually some minor, but key details that distinguish them beyond their hair.

2 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

Honestly the anime eyes would be extremely off putting compared to the rest of the cast . Especially if they had them in the current style.

It's almost like they're appealing anime-esque models amongst the more abstract, maybe even raunchy American designs.

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'm just glad that Activision did something good for once after the whole Spyro fiasco... 

What was that?

ICYM:

For those who pre-ordered the game on the PS4, there's a new Tiger Temple dynamic theme available for download.

Here's the ripped music:

Yeeeeeeep. Missing notes, bass and what the heck happened near the loop? lol This will be hit or miss just like N.Sane Trilogy. At least we got the original soundtrack toggle this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now THIS music sounds good. Maybe I'm biased, I love the original Tiger Temple music. 

Thunder Struck itself look amazing, much more sinister, holy shit. I love the solutions they came up with for the antigravity sections (and they were plenty in the original).

Man, the tracks in this game are so diverse, I love it. 

I CAN'T wait for the Spyro track, holy shit.

20 hours ago, Plasme said:

jpeg.jpg

What in the world are you going on about. They were not added for laughs.

1. They were never added for laughs. Research.  They were based off women irl who all had hands in Sony marketing and management.  With megumi being the one to develop the crash dance, they weren't going for sexy. Just cause a girl has a chest doesn't demote her to just being "sexy,".

2. The entire sjw while I wont refer to someone like that outright there were calls years back for trophy girls in racing circles to be pulled for being demeaning to women.

Is it true this game is being published by Sega in Japan?

I think the same thing happened to the N'Sane trilogy on Switch, but that is odd considering the direct competition to one of their recently released games...

You can hear Isabella's voice in this video and see close-ups of more characters' models on the menu. Gotta say, I'm not the hugest on the Trophy Girls (I always thought their big eyes were creepy, especially when they would spend the first chunk of the old victory screen mugging for the camera), but I love that how they're updating them with the international aspect and giving them all distinct accents and such. It's neat and they add some much-needed diversity to a predominantly male roster. (Even though they're all the same kinda body type, but eh, Baby Coco and possibly Pasadena/Nina can help with that.)