Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

7 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Is it true this game is being published by Sega in Japan?

I think the same thing happened to the N'Sane trilogy on Switch, but that is odd considering the direct competition to one of their recently released games...

Yep. IMO, it would make waaaaaaaay more sense if it was published by Sony, but that would make it exclusive to the PS4. I wonder how this deal went though...

Speaking of SEGA...

Isn't that Iizuka realizing Team Sonic Racing has its days counted?

• Absolutely 1

Calm down, it was just a joke. Of course he isn't crying (but maybe he is grinding his teeth) :P

16 minutes ago, Jango said:

Calm down, it was just a joke. Of course he isn't crying (but maybe he is grinding his teeth) :P

Even as a joke it doesn't make sense.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, Jango said:

It was aimed less at you and more at the reddit post 😛 

1 hour ago, Plasme said:

It was aimed less at you and more at the reddit post 😛 

Yeah, I shared because of the image, not the post itself, that's not even me. I wanted to share just the pic, but couldn't find it outside Reddit.

Heads up, game is available for pre-load on PS4!

9,6gb required to unlock, 15gb total. Downloading as I type.

And I literally just made a video about the possibility of more Spyro characters. Then this popped up. I mentioned it a few days go on Twitter, so I basically called it.

Kinda hope one of the Spyro characters is Ripto just because of Spyro Orange/Crash Purple nostalgia. 

They better put Elora in it too. But it's probably gonna be Hunter, Ripto and/or Bianca. Gnasty would be neat.

But what I'm most excited for is the track itself. I would love a very long track where you enter giant portals and get transported to many different places, like CNK's Hyper Spaceway track. This could be a way to visit levels from each of the 3 games, and since Spyro actually has portals, it makes perfect sense. Buuuut, if they're doing a track based on a single level, I would die for a Dreamweavers track. Seriously, it's one of the best looking levels in the whole Reignited Trilogy, it probably is the best. When I think Spyro, I think Dreamweavers.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

They better put Elora in it too. But it's probably gonna be Hunter, Ripto and/or Bianca. Gnasty would be neat.

But what I'm most excited for is the track itself. I would love a very long track where you enter giant portals and get transported to many different places, like CNK's Hyper Spaceway track. This could be a way to visit levels from each of the 3 games, and since Spyro actually has portals, it makes perfect sense. Buuuut, if they're doing a track based on a single level, I would die for a Dreamweavers track. Seriously, it's one of the best looking levels in the whole Reignited Trilogy, it probably is the best. When I think Spyro, I think Dreamweavers.

Well we can't forget Moneybags. I can't wait to literally throw all that I have at him. XD.

As for the track. I'm thinking like what you said, a level from each of the 3-games. Like Artisans from Spyro 1 to Glimmer in Spyro 2 to Frozen Altars in Spyro 3. Which would mean a more complex track. Something Beenox has already shown their capable of with Warped's Twilght Tour. As it features 2-different locations with different times of day (day & night). And the Tomb connects these areas.

As someone who isn't a Crash fan and has never played this game before, I must say that this is a really impressive showing. The standard list of characters would already be enough for the entire main cast of Sonic's characters and then some. 

The fact that those Trophy girls are also going to be their own individual racers down the line is an impressive showcase of how to treat your characters like they're individual characters with equal, relevant importance. That's the kind of thing my favorite blue hog's series needs to be more comfortable doing. Outside of a mobile game.

All this work going into Crash Team Racing and its marketing is just making me me wonder what the heck SEGA was thinking with TSR, especially with them being released so close together.

In fact, do you know what this reminds me of? Two students doing a school project. TSR comes up with one seemingly original idea but doesn't do any follow up planning or research, does the bare minimum to get a "passing" grade (with no long term consideration of the consequences) and spends most of the day posting memes. Meanwhile CTR goes back to basics making every part of the project look good while working beyond the materials provided to them.

And given the not great financial situation Activision is in after breaking off with Bungie it just makes this whole situation between the two games weird.

I mean holy shit, that character roster. I don't think I'd ever be able to unlock everything in CTR with my limited free time (without some serious dedicated effort anyway). And no that's not a bad thing as it means I'd always have something new to find whenever I came back to it. 

Can we not bring the whole CTR vs TSR thing ? Both games are different too compare .

TSR is obliviously low budget game , with forces getting so many lash , might be the decision for Sega not take a risk on the game . although the low budget the game is fun and beautiful .

Crash mange to sell over 10 millions copies with N.sane trilogy , so it's a motivation  for Activision to spend risky budget on CTR:NF , not to forgot that Crash  reputation isn't butchered as Sonic reputation , which could be a factor for N.sane trilogy success .

• Thumbs Up 3

So is there no standard Nitros Oxide edition of the PS4 version outside digital? Seems the only one available for it is the box set one with the pins which jacks it up to 70 bucks.

edit: whoops just checked, the version without the pins is digital only. Huh. Well shit, guess I’m going digital.

Day Two of E3 confirmed the easing in of CTTR characters and tracks (though whether they're reworked ones from the game itself or new ones inspired by it is not specified). If Pasadena gets in, she's my main racer. :D

I'm excited about the premise of new tracks as well, enough Grand Prix and this could evolve from a remake to practically as much a new game as each Mario Kart.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/14/2019 at 9:25 AM, Gumbit said:

Can we not bring the whole CTR vs TSR thing ? Both games are different too compare .

TSR is obliviously low budget game , with forces getting so many lash , might be the decision for Sega not take a risk on the game . although the low budget the game is fun and beautiful .

Crash mange to sell over 10 millions copies with N.sane trilogy , so it's a motivation  for Activision to spend risky budget on CTR:NF , not to forgot that Crash  reputation isn't butchered as Sonic reputation , which could be a factor for N.sane trilogy success .

1.. They are both kart racers. So comparsions can be done. TSR is a broken mess. Low budget or not. How do we know the budget actually. What is the hang on....... both are being offered for the same price of 40 with tsr having dropped in price by 10 dollars.

2. We know from out the starting door the want to really get fans excited for this game. Which was honestly a spinoff back in the day and see how it does. They want people to buy this and show them they are going to support it. TSR we have no idea on what sega wants to do with the usual "we cant really say if well add anything" People like sonic just as much as sonic and crash had so so games in his time honestly.

It seems absurd to me that we shouldn't compare CTR and TSR. They are both the big kart racing games of the year. 

It's like saying you can't compare SART and Mario Kart because SART has transformations and so they are too 'different' to compare. Except people always used to compare those two because SART was actually really good.

• Thumbs Up 1

TSR is absolutely comparable to the CTR remake, even if wasn't strip-mined compared to All Stars Racing. It released around the same time, for the same price, in the same genre; and more importantly people will compare them when choosing to buy one. Hell, they already are. Look at the comments for a review of TSR and you'll see people saying that they want to see how CTR reviews first.

And it's no one's fault but Sega's that TSR was put in such a position, either.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

On 6/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, Motwera said:

All this does is make me miss the 90s. Oh yeah this games going to decimate tsr honestly.  Hopefully  we see some of crystal challenges.  Always hated those