Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

Let's change the subject a bit then.

Did you noticed that there's a chicken hidden somewhere in every level? Some are easy to spot, like Tiger Temple where you can see it chasing a little tiger like Pura in one of those bridges. In Crash Cove the chicken is stranded on a box surrounded by sharks in the water. In Papu's Pyramid, it's being cooked by the tribesmen near the finish line on the left.

I wonder if spoting all chickens unlocks something...

There's also a classic, and fairly rust, Super Mario Bros. green pipe in Papu's Pyramid before the last turn on the left. It's next to a red mushroom with white dots too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm playing on the ps4 pro. Did 4 online matches back to back and ran fine. Also got the i know the way trophy in arcade. No issues so far.

Still through it all the game is much harder than the old ctr I feel still. And while I understand time trails are supposed to be hard the fact you have to literally snake the entire tracks to beat the ghost is just ridiculous to me. I can understand having a challenge in any game from bloodborne to armored core. But that should not require someone to use a technique I doubt many know of fully. especially using it for that long.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how Transformed was when it first released. The AI had maxed out stats and would rubberband and spam weapons just as bad as CTR right now. They toned down the difficulty a bit with a patch, but it's still harsh as heck. You gotta know the game front and back, boost constantly, take the shortcuts and also have lucky pick-ups too, otherwise you won't win.

No lie that was pretty much my issue with Transformed and pretty much why I didn't like the game as much I had hoped that and along with the wonky physics. 

Tried playing Hard mode. Ha ha, never again. I needed several Aku Aku masks just to scrape over the line first in Crash Cove and I had no chance in Roo's Tubes. The AI cars are simply too fast. What utter bullshit.

Same goes for the N-Trophy time trials. I finally managed to beat the one in Roo Tubes and Oxides time-trial is 10 seconds faster. What the actual fuck.

Won't be getting the Platinum PSN trophy for this game, or all platinum relics. 

• My Emmerdoods 1

Seems someone's figured out the reason why save files get corrupted on PS4:

Just don't do the Retro Stadium trial and you should be golden. That track's exclusive to PS4.

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

Seems someone's figured out the reason why save files get corrupted on PS4:

Just don't do the Retro Stadium trial and you should be golden. That track's exclusive to PS4.

It can't just be that, there's people who can confirm their save got corrupted via online. 

@Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice how'd your save get corrupted?

Oxide's ghosts are supposed to be almost impossible to beat, they were like that on PS1. They are a challenge only meant for the best of the best.

But the Tropy ghosts are more difficult here than they were on the original CTR.

I take back what I said about the soundtrack. I'm listening to it right now on YouTube in high quality and it's so much better. I keep my feelings about Dragon Mines tho', too goofy for my liking. But a lot of these remixes are pretty good and on par with the original.

The problem is the audio mixing in the game. If the SFX are maxed out, you can barely hear the music, especially in levels with rain such as Tiger Temple. I've played the game with headphones on last weekend and it does make a difference. My TV's audio kinda sucks I guess ;/

I'm still on my quest to find all the hidden chickens, if you wanna help me, here's the Reddit thread:

17 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It can't just be that, there's people who can confirm their save got corrupted via online. 

@Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice how'd your save get corrupted?

I don't recall how but I know I didn't have that form of save file described in the tweet.

Also, still not even public acknowledgement of this bug from Activision or Beenox. That's legitimately frustrating.

Glad I got a refund on the PS4 version when I did.

35 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

I don't recall how but I know I didn't have that form of save file described in the tweet.

Also, still not even public acknowledgement of this bug from Activision or Beenox. That's legitimately frustrating.

Glad I got a refund on the PS4 version when I did.

They may not public acknowledged, but an Activision rep replied directly to it on Reddit and warned people to report any bug and glitch they find here: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-Feedback-and-Bug-Reporting/

They're likely working on it right now...

So, 2 things:

Highly requested skin revealed:

And this:

Beenox is aware of the issue. Hopefully it will be patched in time for the first GP.

• Thumbs Up 3

And not only that, Turns out that the amount of Wumpa Coins during "Wumpa Time" are boosted x10 for weekends (Thursday evening-Sunday evening), meaning Activision didn't nerfed the amount of coins earned online to make way for microtransactions as people feared.

Aside from the bs difficulty, the fact that coins can't be earned offline, and the occasional character modal glitches in the online lobbies, My faith in the game has been restored somewhat.

• Thumbs Up 4

Glad they're working on this issue. Still haven't played the game because of it but hopefully that'll change soon ^^

@DanJ86 A bit late but thanks for the character info for the Trophy Girls ^^ It's cool that they're being brought to the game now even though I wouldn't have minded either way due to lack of an attachment ^^ Also honestly, aside from certain shots of Liz I don't think any of them were "overly sexualised" in any way.

I hope the seasonal events are rotated. Not keen on these being the only way to get certain unlockables. I'm worried about the amount of time we'll be given to complete these events mostly.

4 hours ago, Shiroi said:

I hope the seasonal events are rotated. Not keen on these being the only way to get certain unlockables. I'm worried about the amount of time we'll be given to complete these events mostly.

It was confirmed that characters and cosmetics would eventually be available in the in game shop after the event has  ended.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 8ther said:

It was confirmed that characters and cosmetics would eventually be available in the in game shop after the event has  ended.

Oh, thanks! Good to know ^^ Been having some difficulty finding all the information regarding this.

33 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Dragon Mines being tier 1 is bull. 

Not really, the track really isn’t as long as it seems.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE.

BIG PATCH COMING THIS WAY ON JULY 3RD:

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2019-06/Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-content-additions-updates

Corruption bug and collision errors fixed, podium animations for online, Velo Mask added for CNK baddies, wumpa coin earnings fine tuned and FREE EARNINGS of 2,500 for everyone online during the week.

EDIT: Crap, Birthday Bob CC14 just beat me to it. :P

Wow, I didn't even notice the bit about the CNK characters getting the Velo Mask! That's a really awesome unnecessary tweak!

That's a huge patch!

They fixed not only the extreme necessary, but also added a bunch of things fans are requesting too, like Velo's mask, collision issues in some tracks (I'm thinking like the one in Oxide Station), podium animations in Online Mode, the icon in the minimap will now display the SKIN the player is using, that's all so awesome! Not to mention usefull stuff like displaying why you got "X" many Wumpa Coins after the race and daily news on the main menu.

Pretty sure they're looking into the weird jump physics in shortcuts next. 

Now if only the could make the Pit Stop have fixed itens... Pretty sure it will happen eventually as the years go by.

54 minutes ago, Jango said:

That's a huge patch!

They fixed not only the extreme necessary, but also added a bunch of things fans are requesting too, like Velo's mask, collision issues in some tracks (I'm thinking like the one in Oxide Station), podium animations in Online Mode, the icon in the minimap will now display the SKIN the player is using, that's all so awesome! Not to mention usefull stuff like displaying why you got "X" many Wumpa Coins after the race and daily news on the main menu.

Pretty sure they're looking into the weird jump physics in shortcuts next. 

Now if only the could make the Pit Stop have fixed itens... Pretty sure it will happen eventually as the years go by.

Did they fix the save thing ya'll was talking about?

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Did they fix the save thing ya'll was talking about?

Yes, that's getting fixed when the patch drops.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Yes, that's getting fixed when the patch drops.

Ah, well that's neat to hear.