Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

People really overstate how hard the original CTR Playstation game was.

The game was incredibly easy when you knew how to play, because the AI never used power slides or shortcuts. You could absolutely destroy the AI on hard mode if you knew the game's mechanics. Additionally, the AI in the original wouldn't use the most powerful weapons in the original game, such as the masks and clock. 

The only challenges in the original CTR which were really hard were the bosses (because they were cheap and badly balanced) and the time trial ghosts. The time trial ghosts were really well done though, because they were a little feature hidden within the game and wouldn't be played by most players. Tropy was hard but fair (he didn't use most shortcuts and was much easier to beat in the original) while Oxide was the challenge for the most hardcore of players.

But now it's like you have to be good enough to beat Tropy's times to compete on even Medium difficulty. They've really gone overboard on the difficulty and in a way which is unlike the original game's difficulty.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/29/2019 at 1:45 PM, TheOcelot said:

I've been playing the Online Battle modes today which are a lot of fun. A PSN trophy requirement is to win a game of every type of Battle mode (catch the flag or collect the crystals etc). I'm certain I've won a game of every type of battle mode but the PSN trophy hasn't unlocked yet.

...you know, I also haven't gotten this trophy yet...

I hope it isn't locked to local multiplayer...

EDIT: There's a mode in Local Multiplayer called "Last Kart Standing" that doesn't appear in Online for some reason. After I did 1 match of this, I got the Trophy.

18 minutes ago, Plasme said:

People really overstate how hard the original CTR Playstation game was.

The game was incredibly easy when you knew how to play, because the AI never used power slides or shortcuts. You could absolutely destroy the AI on hard mode if you knew the game's mechanics. Additionally, the AI in the original wouldn't use the most powerful weapons in the original game, such as the masks and clock. 

The only challenges in the original CTR which were really hard were the bosses (because they were cheap and badly balanced) and the time trial ghosts. The time trial ghosts were really well done though, because they were a little feature hidden within the game and wouldn't be played by most players. Tropy was hard but fair (he didn't use most shortcuts and was much easier to beat in the original) while Oxide was the challenge for the most hardcore of players.

But now it's like you have to be good enough to beat Tropy's times to compete on even Medium difficulty. They've really gone overboard on the difficulty and in a way which is unlike the original game's difficulty.

One thing about the ghosts in the Nitro-Fueled I can't defend is the simple fact that it functions the same was as the original, as in: you have to beat the track's minimum time, then beat N. Tropy's and then beat N. Oxide's time. In three different runs. Why it doesn't work like the Time Relics is beyond me. If you managed to beat both Tropy's AND Oxide's time on a single run, why the game demands you to beat Oxide's again? It's just unnecessary and should've been changed in this remake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just had a issue where it didn't let me purchase the "Electron Aqua" Paint Job from the Pit Shop.

EDIT: Just found out this will be fixed in the patch that comes with the first Grand Prix Wednesday.

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

...you know, I also haven't gotten this trophy yet...

I hope it isn't locked to local multiplayer...

I played offline Battle mode via multi-player; played a game of "Last Kart Driving" and the PSN trophy then unlocked.

All I know is I played pinstripe last night. Never in the old game was I required to power slide the entire match to beat these bosses my lord

Here we go!

Love the little interviews with the new characters.

Here are all the rewards:

Biker Tiny looking pretty badass.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2

Oh, man. I want everything else, but I NEED that Champion Kart.

This is gonna be a fun little time.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

How many coins are they going to cost

For anything other than the trophy girls, we won't know until the GP is over because Tawna and the parts all seem to require GP Points instead.

I was wondering how long the Grand Prixs would last. Figured it might be a monthly thing. Makes me glad I got it as a Birthday gift a bit early because I'd hate to have to wait until unspecified date for certain rewards.

Also, judging by the fact that these are looking monthly, that puts Back N. Time in August while Spyro's Grand Prix launches alongside the Switch and PC versions of the Reignited Trilogy in September. That means the leaked Halloween content should be our next major GP theme reveal.

This blog post on Activision's site goes into more information on the Nitro Tour Grand Prix, including when it starts: July 3rd at 12:00 AM GMT, the same time the Pit Stop usually refreshes (or for us Americans, 5:00 PM PDT/8:00 PM EDT tomorrow).

• Thumbs Up 1

Best thing about Actis blog post is they officially gave them the name Trophy Girls! Now Nitro Squad! They look amazing.

17 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Best thing about Actis blog post is they officially gave them the name Trophy Girls! Now Nitro Squad! They look amazing.

Why is that the best thing again?

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

Why is that the best thing again?

Cause most long time fans have always called them this without it actually being official. Now it is. simple as that.

1 hour ago, mayday2592 said:

Pretty sure they were called those names in the epilogue of the original game.

They absolutely did.

I think what he meant is that they were never called "trophy girls" in the game. But yeah, they had actual names in the epilogue.

Fuck Coco and fuck this game's difficulty. It's mostly Adventure mode that has been bothering me, the fact that I need to come in first and Coco somehow Always manages to be on top of the race.

I really like the game, don't get me wrong, aside from a few glitches like missing sound effects (which was a brief issue and is now fixed), it plays well and I haven't encountered any big issues, but Adventure is pretty dang annoying.

Anyway, I really love the characters, the animations, the amount of tracks, I still have to try the Nitro Kart tracks so that's really a lot of content, and it's my first time as I never played the original games. And the continued support with new items, tracks and characters is really appreciated! Unlike another racing game *cough*

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I think what he meant is that they were never called "trophy girls" in the game. But yeah, they had actual names in the epilogue.

Glad someone knows XD

40 minutes ago, Psycho_Jack said:

Fuck Coco and fuck this game's difficulty. It's mostly Adventure mode that has been bothering me, the fact that I need to come in first and Coco somehow Always manages to be on top of the race.

I really like the game, don't get me wrong, aside from a few glitches like missing sound effects (which was a brief issue and is now fixed), it plays well and I haven't encountered any big issues, but Adventure is pretty dang annoying.

Anyway, I really love the characters, the animations, the amount of tracks, I still have to try the Nitro Kart tracks so that's really a lot of content, and it's my first time as I never played the original games. And the continued support with new items, tracks and characters is really appreciated! Unlike another racing game *cough*

Rubberbanding is wild. I wish racers would do away with it

I'm having a hard time trying to get the platinum relics in Classic Adventure mode. In the original game I would normally only go for the gold, but I want dem platinum paintjob now :V Just yesterday I've completed the first world with every platinum relics. Roo's Tubes and Sewer Speedway are shiiiit. Really wish the time crates' hitbox was a biiiit wider.

Getting trophies and CTR tokens were a walk in the park compared to this. 

15 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'm having a hard time trying to get the platinum relics in Classic Adventure mode. In the original game I would normally only go for the gold, but I want dem platinum paintjob now :V Just yesterday I've completed the first world with every platinum relics. Roo's Tubes and Sewer Speedway are shiiiit. Getting trophies and CTR tokens were a walk in the park compared to this. 

Easy mode. You get a few more seconds to work with for all times.

————————

On another note, I hope you’ve all been grinding your coins, someone did a count up on Reddit and assuming it’s normal pricing, it will cost 16k coins to buy the trophy girls and their motorsport outfits.

Thats assuming they don’t charge a higher price for exclusive characters.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Easy mode. You get a few more seconds to work with for all times.

————————

On another note, I hope you’ve all been grinding your coins, someone did a count up on Reddit and assuming it’s normal pricing, it will cost 16k coins to buy the trophy girls and their motorsport outfits.

Thanks, but Classic mode doesn't allow you to change the difficulty. The platinum relics have the exact same times as the original CTR. Besides, I wanted the challenge, and I'm getting it. Hard times, but fun times neverthless. I'll get back to Nitro-Fueled mode on Hard soon after, but I'll settle for just defeating Oxide for the time being.

I'm gladly taking my time with the game, what a delight is to play this, both offline with my gf, sister and brother-in-law or online around the globe. Beenox, Vicarious Visions and Toys For Bob did an amazing job. I'm really hopefull for Crash Bandicoot's future.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yeesh. I thought getting the Summer pack through grinding online races (combined with the extra pain of finding online randos that weren't so good that I had no chance of even finishing and getting ANY coins) was enough of a pain. Hopefully the coming Wumpa Coin tweaks will exponentially increase the payout, because otherwise it's gonna be one HECK of a grind.