Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

On 7/2/2019 at 7:00 PM, Jango said:

But c'mon.. it's 2019. Seriously. Like, what, 90% of the people who bought the console and the game have internet access. I'll say even 95%.

And you have the stats to prove so....where might I ask? Even if that were true, that's still no excuse. And as I've stated before, just having online access doesn't fix the issue, what with online not always working, and the stupid decision to potentially wall off players from getting Wumpa coins if they happen to finish more than 30 seconds after the 1st place driver.

All the people complaining online ARE on the internet, aren't them?

You....you do now that general internet access and online access for games consoles are two separately different things that cost different separate prices..right? That people can't automatically afford online for their consoles are necessarily even want or agree to needing to purchase it. You are aware right?

Because that mentalitly is the same kind of mentality Microsoft had with the initial XBone, or Activision with that Diablo mobile disaster of "Don't you have phones?".

Also, "play religiously". No, sorry Jova, but you are exagerating big time, mate. I've played this game 5, maybe 6 times since launch, did and won 8 out 12 online races, and played mostly the Arcade Mode, and I have every CNK racers, except N. Trance. 

First off, again, I take it you don't care about those who can't use online?

Secondly, well bully for you. Mind you, come to me when you've actually unlocked all the stuff. because characters are far from the only thing in the pit stop. And you didn't even note how some items are (even characters) can be available only in overpriced packs. If it were really as easy as you claim, you'd be boasting about unlocking more than just characters.

And that's assuming the Grand Prix pit stop stuff won't be at higher prices too.

I get that you love the game and all, but if you don't have a constructive argument against reasonable complaints, then don't white knight the game to this extreme.

But right now, I just don't see it as a huge deal. Annoying, yeah, but doable.

Here's a good question. Why couldn't this Grand Prix stuff just be added to the game indefinitely? Why do they need to make it limited to one month in typical mobile game fashion? Make it something that players don't have to worry about never being able to get again, andt hen it could be considered more actually doable.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Jango said:

Now, asking the players to play a little extra for cosmetics and a few characters? Far from it.

Sure sounds like you’re already gearing up to bat for the decision should Activision add in microtransactions. I know your LOVE crash and all that, but cmon man. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Well guess some are just more naturally optimistic than me. I just don’t trust them given how shit the pit stop already is 

It's not so much about being optmistic, it's just that... This is just a videogame. To me at least. Yes, I was super excited for it and y'all logically think I'm biased in eeeeeeverything I say, I'm aware of that, "-oh my God, here comes the Crash defender again!", but I just don't mind having to play a couple of extra hours to unlock stuff in-game more slowly. I guess I was so pissed at fighting games (and not just fighting games) putting price tags on characters and skins and selling it on PSN, that when I've looked at Crash and realised I CAN unlock all that shit soon or later without touching my wallet, I was relieved. Seriously, take a look at Marvel vs Capcom Infinity page on PS Store, it has a thousand pages of shit to buy with actual money. It's depressing. It's like they sold you an incomplete game. I can't get mad at the option to unlock stuff based on my own effort and play-time invested in the game, TBH. Sorry.

17 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Secondly, well bully for you. Mind you, come to me when you've actually unlocked all the stuff. because characters are far from the only thing in the pit stop. And you didn't even note how some items are (even characters) can be available only in overpriced packs. If it were really as easy as you claim, you'd be boasting about unlocking more than just characters.

Oh Jesus, c'mon. Bullying? I haven't unlocked all the stuff, I haven't even unlocked 30% of the stuff, Jova... And that's great! The game's out for about 2 weeks only. Slow down... As for the internet access thing, again, I really hope they will remove the always online thing too. And revise the 30 seconds to finish the race system too. Make the countdown start after the 3rd player finishes.

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

Oh Jesus, c'mon. Bullying? 

Uh, Bully for You is just an expression for "Good for you".

• Absolutely 3

13 minutes ago, Jango said:

Oh Jesus, c'mon. Bullying?

The expression is a figure of speech meaning "Good for you". I never mention actually bullying someone.

I haven't unlocked all the stuff, I haven't even unlocked 30% of the stuff, Jova... And that's great! The game's out for about 2 weeks only. Slow down

So don't go acting like people who don't have as much free time as you shouldn't worry then, considering as far as we know, there's only a month for the stuff offered in this Grand Prix event. Especially those who want to get everything, especially when we don't even know the Wumpa coin costs for them yet.

And revise the 30 seconds to finish the race system too. Make the countdown start after the 3rd player finishes. 

Honestly, I'd rather they just do what Team SOnic Racing and mario kart 8 Deluxe had the good sense to do. Don't wall off players in general. Those other racing communities sure haven't collapsed without such a buffer.

I have to admit it’s making me NOT want to continue playing it. I like playing on my own damn time, not having deadlines. Especially when it’s a demanding game like this, with the boost meta.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Jango said:

it's just that... This is just a videogame.

It being a video game doesn’t absolve criticisms had. Things can be annoying,bad, exploitative, etc. within them regardless of the medium.

34 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

The expression is a figure of speech meaning "Good for you". I never mention actually bullying someone.

I'm sorry for not knowing what that expression meant, english isn't my native language, geez. Still, it doesn't matter what I have or haven't unlocked. 

34 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

So don't go acting like people who don't have as much free time as you shouldn't worry then, considering as far as we know, there's only a month for the stuff offered in this Grand Prix event. Especially those who want to get everything, especially when we don't even know the Wumpa coin costs for them yet.

I'm not, and I don't. I work 8 hours a day and I play videogames at the weekends, and if I happen to play games on weekdays at night, it's an 1 hour at most. Not that this is any of your business, but since you're the one implying I have a lot of free time, no, I don't.

The base game has 5 times more content than TSR, the GP stuff is a bonus thing they're doing that the original game couldn't even dream about having. New tracks, new characters. Besides, you're not obligated to partake the event and unlock everything, again, all the stuff only the CTR part of the game offers is already more than TSR, both in characters and tracks. If you DO want to unlock everything, well... Allow me: Bully for you, earn that right...

Why is the patch 2 GB? Also, I've been playing through Adventure on medium with no issues so far. Managing to pull off a good Sacred Fire puts you like half a lap ahead of everyone. I've been getting more trouble from the Relic trials then any actual races.

Just now, Harkofthewaa said:

Why is the patch 2 GB? Also, I've been playing through Adventure on medium with no issues so far. Managing to pull off a good Sacred Fire puts you like half a lap ahead of everyone. I've been getting more trouble from the Relic trials then any actual races.

New track, new characters, multiple huge bug fixes, new outfits, there's a fair amount of new assets to be downloaded.

• Thumbs Up 3

58 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Sure sounds like you’re already gearing up to bat for the decision should Activision add in microtransactions. 

Honestly, it sounds like you all are. Many have brough Activision's history on this thread already. What I'm not ready, nor want to happen, is: they get rid of the wumpa coins system altogether and put price tags on everything that's on the Pit Stop. I'll never forgive this IF it happens. If they still do this, but keep the wumpa coins system (without nerfing it), I'll be pissed of course.

Oh boy, five minutes into the update and the bugs present themselves already.

• The game crashed when I looked at Ami's pack and backed out to look at the new character, Liz.
  • After letting the game load again, I bought Ami. It didn't replace her pack and just listed "empty". So I went to buy Liz normally, except when I confirmed the purchase, it would do nothing.
  • I resetted the game and it still won't let me buy her. So this means until this is fixed, I'm now locked out of buying ANY new characters from the pit shop.
  • Character packs are 5k. You get the character, their costume, and a few stickers and colours.
  • Getting characters normal are 1.5k...except it's currently broken. 

Good fuck, how did they launch this highly anticipated event without even making sure the goddamn stupid shop works correctly?! 

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Oh boy, five minutes into the update and the bugs present themselves already.

• The game crashed when I looked at Ami's pack and backed out to look at the new character, Liz.
  • After letting the game load again, I bought Ami. It didn't replace her pack and just listed "empty". So I went to buy Liz normally, except when I confirmed the purchase, it would do nothing.
  • I resetted the game and it still won't let me buy her. So this means until this is fixed, I'm now locked out of buying ANY new characters from the pit shop.
  • Character packs are 5k. You get the character, their costume, and a few stickers and colours.
  • Getting characters normal are 1.5k...except it's currently broken. 

Good fuck, how did they launch this highly anticipated event without even making sure the goddamn stupid shop works correctly?! 

I think it's because it's out for about 5 minutes, like you said? If it's only the Pit Stop that's broken, it's likely an internet thing... I mean, isn't that kind of issue normal in online games, anyways?

How's the Grand Prix working?

Just now, Jango said:

I think it's because it's out for about 5 minutes, like you said? If it's only the Pit Stop that's broken, it's likely an internet thing... I mean, isn't that kind of issue normal in online games, anyways?

How's the Grand Prix working?

It's not anything to do with internet, or anything else. Everyone on Reddit was talking about how it was broken, and it's only just now being reported as hot-fixed. This should not be anywhere near a problem on the first Grand Prix.

And again, it being out for five minutes isn't an excuse for literally one of your main highlights of the event where it is the only way to buy characters. The fact that the very first grand prix released for near an hour with another game crash bug and another core feature broken is ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

So after 40+ hrs of playing,  I want share an update on my impressions, and feelings about the game.The first week I loved it and looked over most of the flaws. Now I still like the game quite a bit, but I'm getting frustrated with all the stupid decisions like the pit stop and difficulty the bugginess of the game. The game has crashed twice on switch for me online today. I want to believe Beenox will fix the issues, but IDK guys a lot of the stuff im annoyed with seems like they were intentional and not mistakes. Like I said I find the game a lot of fun, but at the same time I'm annoyed with it.

Edit: Now the GP Fiasco. What is going on over there? Do they not have testers?

And again, it being out for five minutes isn't an excuse for literally one of your main highlights of the event where it is the only way to buy characters. 

It is? AFAIK, some of the stuff is unlocked with Nitro Points. 

Give it a day or two (or 2 hours!). Pretty sure that if they take too long to sort this issue, the GP will be extended. 

This should not be anywhere near a problem on the first Grand Prix.

I think the exact opposite. Since this IS the first GP, issues are expected. Heck, game's been out for about 2 weeks and they already released a brand new package. You might think this isn't a valid excuse, but just think for a moment about how Beenox's doing right now. Activision's must be on their asses. They've been working non-stop, you can't blame on them.

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Don't forget the fact that even when playing online, unless you complete the race within 30 seconds of the player in first place crossing the finish line, you won't get your wumpa coins. The heck kind of player hostile move is that!?

And with a lot of these new rewards being only available for a month, needless to say, the business model is worrying.

Well, some good news at least - this has been fixed. I just received 225 coins for 5th on a match I didn't get to the finish line on.

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'm sorry for not knowing what that expression meant, english isn't my native language, geez.

Then don't risk false accusation with stuff you don't understand then. It's not polite.

42 minutes ago, Jango said:

but since you're the one implying I have a lot of free time, no, I don't.

Except I wasn't. I was stating people likely have even less free time than you do, with you boasting about how much you've gotten in that time. And that's all on playing the game for 2 weeks. You talk about how supposedly it's great that not everything is so easily unlockable. Yeah, here's the thing. That's only because of any arbitrary pay wall (not with real currency but heavily grinded currency nonetheless). Something a lot of people aren't fond of.

You wanna make it hard to get everything? Fine. Put it behind challenges that actually test your skill. Or if they really have to do the currency have it be at more sensible prices like TSR and MK8 Deluxe.

50 minutes ago, Jango said:

the GP stuff is a bonus thing they're doing that the original game couldn't even dream about having.

Big whoop. The point of a remake is to be better from the get-go. Doesn't give them the right to BS padlock content potentially and expect there not to be reasonable complaints.

52 minutes ago, Jango said:

Besides, you're not obligated to partake the event and unlock everything

Check memo. For people who do want this stuff, yeah, they're obligated. Not helping things is again, the fact that it only lasts for a month. And considering how some of the Nitro challenges require online, it's clear they're giving the middle finger to those without it.

54 minutes ago, Jango said:

all the stuff only the CTR part of the game offers is already more than TSR,

You seem to like to bring up TSR a lot, even though more content does not automatically a better game make. What matters is what the devs actually do with that content, gameplay, short cuts, AI, etc and physics. Issues of which, CTF NF has had notably.

56 minutes ago, Jango said:

If you DO want to unlock everything, well... Allow me: Bully for you, earn that right...

Ignoring your misuse of the phrase, is that what you say to everyone who has something bad to say about super grindy unlocks and all the other times Activision did this, thus leading to microtransactions? Because, that's an increasingly poor response.

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, some good news at least - this has been fixed. I just received 225 coins for 5th on a match I didn't get to the finish line on.

Ah! So they got rid of the 30 second bit thing? Thank goodness.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is? AFAIK, some of the stuff is unlocked with Nitro Points. 

Give it a day or two (or 2 hours!). Pretty sure that if they take too long to sort this issue, the GP will be extended. 

No, because it also uses the pit shop, and that's been known for ages.

And no, I won't give it a day or two, because it takes some special incompetence to literally mess up one of the core functions of the game. It isn't something small, or insigificant, or, hell, even something related to the Grand Prix. It was literally the main way of unlocking EVERYTHING being literally broken for an hour for no good reason. A core mechanic of the game and the only way to unlock anything, as in the CNK cast, or the costumes/customisation was literally broken for an hour. There is no excuse for a fuck up of that size.

You can argue it's good they fixed it in an hour, but it shouldn't have been released like that at all period.

• Thumbs Up 3

My God, you guys are like, really salty. It's just a game o.O You'd think I, more than anyone here, would be pissed at this since I love Crash, but you guys are super angry over a videogame about a bandicoot in jeans. The update is out for less than an hour and you're here complaining and bolding stuff in a Sonic forum of all places. I'm just finding all this stuff corcerning for your own well-being. 

31 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And no, I won't give it a day or two, because it takes some special incompetence to literally mess up one of the core functions of the game.

My God, man o.O

You do realise that the people at Beenox are human beings like you and Activision probably gave them the shortest possible dead line ever to work on this game, right?

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

My God, you guys are like, really salty. It's just a game o.O You'd think I, more than anyone here, would be pissed at this since I love Crash, but you guys are super angry over a videogame about a bandicoot in jeans. The update is out for less than an hour and you're here complaining and bolding stuff in a Sonic forum of all places. 

I'm not angry about anything. I'm annoyed, but not angry.

It's almost like this is a forum, for discussion, not just praising a game and ignoring all of it's failings. 

And the "complaining and bolding" stuff is pretty damn ironic given you've had your fair share of complaining about Sonic games, Jango. Why is it so different now because it's Crash?

• Thumbs Up 2

I love some of the new changes:

• Online Matches now end with the Victory Podiums
  • The Nitro Kart Bosses and Real Velo have a Velo Version of Aku-Aku/Uka Uka Mask
  • The Grand Prix Challenges/Nitro can be completed/collected across different Modes
  • Nitro Collected seems to allow lower prices of stuff in the Pit Shop

However, there is one glitch I've noticed. The Leaderboard for races seems to be off sometimes. During a race where I was second but didn't finish before time run out, I somehow ended up in Last Place...

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And the "complaining and bolding" stuff is pretty damn ironic given you've had your fair share of complaining about Sonic games, Jango. Why is it so different now because it's Crash?

Because there's a huge difference between waiting 4 years for Sonic Team to put out that mediocre game called Sonic Forces and complaining literally 5 minutes after an update is out and not working properly at the moment. A game that was likely made in about 1 year and a half (if so) by a fairly new studio (compared to Sonic Team), but that has much more content. Yeah, ironic indeed.

• Nice Smile 1

D-g7y_nXoAI9KwE?format=jpg&name=small

...Yes, I did have fun in the match I just played....but I don't feel like doing a survey right now.