Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

Because it's not? There's a huge difference between waiting 4 years for Sonic Team to put out that mediocre game called Sonic Forces and complaining literally 5 minutes after an update is out and not working properly at the moment. A game that was likely made in about 1 year and a half (if so) by a fairly new studio (compared to Sonic Team), but that has much more content. Yeah, ironic indeed.

I mean, they haven't exactly handled all things and content the best. Hence why you don't see these kinds of complaints against the competition. 

Sure, more content,  but that doesn't fix the issues that fans have been bringing up.

It's not really healthy to try and deflect criticism at every turn man.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

If they still do this, but keep the wumpa coins system (without nerfing it), I'll be pissed of course.

Well, get ready to be pissed then. If what reddit players have anything to say is something to go by.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Well, get ready to be pissed then. If what reddit players have anything to say is something to go by.

If people don't know what he's referring to - they nerfed the offline wumpa coins hard. Jungle Bungle for example only gives 30 coins now.

17 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

I mean, they haven't exactly handled all things and content the best. Hence why you don't see these kinds of complaints against the competition. 

Sure, more content,  but that doesn't fix the issues that fans have been bringing up.

It's not really healthy to try and deflect criticism at every turn man.

Yeah, yeah, I know, but c'mon. I try to see things differently when it comes to these studios under Activision's wing, especially after the Spyro's crunch time situation... This could've just been a by-the-numbers remake, like the N. Sane Trilogy was, but Beenox really went above and beyond everything we could've imagined. They've been reading the online forums, Reddit and YouTube coments as they are aware of the stuff fans want, even the most useless ones like the Velo mask they just added. Granted they should focus on the bigger issues like the one we're having right now, but I would never come out and release the dogs on them 5 minutes after a broken patch is released, let alone call them incompetents, like damn...

It really doesn't help that they just made a problem people have been complaining about even worse.

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

I try to see things differently when it comes to these studios under Activision's wing, especially after the Spyro's crunch time situation...

Developers aren't exactly some friend here. We critique stuff as it is given to us.

If anything,  giving it criticisms should be what actually gets Activision to clean up their acts. 

We certainly won't get anywhere if we just lap up whatever they give us 

8 minutes ago, Jango said:

They've been reading the online forums, Reddit and YouTube coments as they are aware of the stuff fans want, even the most useless ones like the Velo mask they just added. Granted they should focus on the bigger issues like the one we're having right now, but I would never come out and release the dogs on them 5 minutes after a broken patch is released, let alone call them incompetents, like damn...

They haven't fixed a lot of the issues still though.  Jumps still aren't reliable,  the AI on even medium for adventure mode is still bollocks, and now they've the offline wimps coins worth even less.

You can't expect us to applaud them at this rate with stuff making the game less fun.

38 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If people don't know what he's referring to - they nerfed the offline wumpa coins hard. Jungle Bungle for example only gives 30 coins now.

*groans* it really sucks hearing this. Man, what happened to this game? 😕

• Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:
1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, some good news at least - this has been fixed. I just received 225 coins for 5th on a match I didn't get to the finish line on.

Ah! So they got rid of the 30 second bit thing? Thank goodness.

Sad to report that the 30 second problem is still present. UGHHH!

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Sad to report that the 30 second problem is still present. UGHHH!

Idk how, I know for a fact I got coins for races I never finished.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Idk how, I know for a fact I got coins for races I never finished.

Really odd. But yeah, I've even got the update and everything, but the counter still shows up.

Limit Battles in online mode are now based on hits you can get on the other team with items instead of the "Last Kart Standing" rules

Oh my god. You know what, even if you wanna defend the pit stop breaking, here's something you can't defend. 

THE SAVE CORRUPTION BUG IS STILL A THING

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 3

Jesus Christ, how hard is it to fix that when they seemingly know the issue? It's PS4 only and it's due to them somehow failing to realize they didn't properly code the ghost data, so it gets too big with Retro Stadium involved.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

let alone call them incompetents

Given the fact that the god damn global save corruption glitch is STILL a thing, this is rather ironic now. Yes, we sure as hell can call them incompetent.

• Thumbs Up 3

Best thing about it is I CALLED it not being the time trials, because multiple people reported getting the erasure in Adventure, Online, and more. Multiple people confirmed they hadn't even touched time trials and got the bug. Someone speculated that it was the time trials on PS4, other people spread it around, likely via the support tickets, and then Activision/Beenox probably took their word and went about fixing the time trial code, ignoring the actual underlying issue.

Ive yet to see one bug in the game. Outside the ai being a pain and invisible walls on some jumps. Man I do not like this coin system. I honestly said to myself just let me buy my characters XD lordy lordy. But im grinding away cause seems i have to buy every other character first in pitstop instead of just the ones i want. As for bugs. I mean it just came out. Like literally only like 3 hours ago. Bloodstained had just as many issues at its launch. I do hope acti fixes them or at least does something with the coins. Granted i expect the buy coin option to pop up any day now.

It is too bad the corruption bug is still a thing, but I'm not gonna let that ruin things for me. I'll just keep backing up my save data and hoping for the best.

Twinsanity GP is all but confirmed - Nina's model got datamined.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

Ain't that a pickle tho'.

That's putting it mildly.

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Twinsanity GP is all but confirmed - Nina's model got datamined.

We sure it's Twinsanity Nina? Hoping to God it is.

49 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Best thing about it is I CALLED it not being the time trials, because multiple people reported getting the erasure in Adventure, Online, and more. Multiple people confirmed they hadn't even touched time trials and got the bug. Someone speculated that it was the time trials on PS4, other people spread it around, likely via the support tickets, and then Activision/Beenox probably took their word and went about fixing the time trial code, ignoring the actual underlying issue.

Has it happened on any versions other than the PS4 version? If not, what the HELL did they do?

Won my first online full lobby race. Yea you have to pretty much power drift a entire match. But I almost came in second but luckily third threw a warp portal that skipped me and hit first place and i passed him. Boy i am sure they were upset. But honestly items in this game can screw anyone. I gave up for tonight getting more coins. Hoping the reset adds another nitro girl.  as i dont want to waste them on those anoting velo characters

Downloaded the patch, did some races, got some nitro points, got Ami's pack and what not, but... Where are the 2500 free coins? I didn't got any lol 

Man, some of these challenges are kind nuts, race an entire lap in reverse and win? lol This will require 2 controllers If you know what I mean. TBH, a bunch of these can be cheated by playing with a couch friend.

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

Downloaded the patch, did some races, got some nitro points, got Ami's pack and what not, but... Where are the 2500 free coins? I didn't got any lol 

Man, some of these challenges are kind nuts, race an entire lap in reverse and win? lol This will require 2 controllers If you know what I mean. TBH, a bunch of these can be cheated by playing with a couch friend.

I live on my own. i own two playstations. i own 3 controllers..........see where im going with this wink wink nudge nudge

So, I feel like I've had enough time to scour the internet for reactions as well as refine my own opinions on what I'm seeing of the game and I've come to the conclusion that this one might need to stay on the back-burner for me... for quite a long time. Not saying I won't eventually give it a try but there's a lot that I'm seeing and hearing about it that's making me happy I went with the other kart racer at the moment.

First, there's the familiarity issue. I haven't gotten over that hump yet. I'm not too familiar with Crash and in order to get into it in order to appreciate the world and its cast I'd need to get the N'Sane trilogy first, which is, on my to-do list regardless.

More concerning than that, the stuff I'm hearing from you guys and people whom I trust when it comes to games isn't very comforting. The idea of the game being too hard for me to squeeze fun out of it doesn't sit right with me. I'm not liking all the bugs I'm hearing news about. If coins are needed to get stuff then I really don't want them to be dulled out slowly. Plus, the biggest worry is the fact that it's Activision and they've definitely got Beelzebub on speed-dial so... eh.

There's also my own personal reflections on what I've been seeing. The game looks beautiful and it's got an impressive cast but I haven't been taken in by the tracks themselves. At least the ones I've seen don't look as though there's much going on with them. The cutscenes look impressive and intriguing but there's so much I feel I'll get out of that with a cast that hasn't fully enchanted me at the moment either.

So, I've made the decision to hang back and see how this all pans out. Despite my complaints with TSR's lack of content, the game is still fun as hell. At least Sumo didn't forget the fun.