Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed didn't have a clear DLC policy either other than the joke additions on Steam (not counting Ryo, who came out years later) and that game reportedly had a very large budget (I remember Lycett saying as much)..

24 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Yes the Pit Stop sucks balls as does requiring an internet connection to be able to unlock some of this extra swag...

...But at the end of the day, who cares?

Uhhh...what lol? Quite a lot of people care, why do people that enjoy the game keep underplaying this criticism?

26 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

but when you’re not physically paying for anything you can’t really complain.

Yeah we can

28 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

In the grand scheme of things they are often a minority of affected players.

Do you have proof this is just a minority?

3 hours ago, Plasme said:

Is there any hard evidence that TSR was made on a very low budget, because I don't think getting a delay indicates a 'ridiculously low' budget to be honest.

Because, people assume a lot of tracks were just imported from the past Sonic racing games when it could have been an artistic decision. That and the returning levels are completely remade and would have had a lot of money and resources put into them.

Feel free to ask this in the TSR thread as well.

Amazing what you can do with a quote taken out of context. XD

It’s just an opinion post, which I laid out a number of times. I merely read the last couple pages and found myself falling down on Jango’s side of the argument (if you want to call it that) just because it’s all quite depressing to read. 

But hey, complain all you want. That’s fine, I just personally don’t see much value in the argument over the Pit Stop. I agree that the system sucks (especially as I don’t play online). But at the end of the day I can accept it. I’m not paying beyond my means, and the blasted thing actually gives me reason to continue playing beyond Adventure Mode (and now with the Grand Prix there is even more reason) so it’s pretty decent incentive to keep coming back. Grinding is a freaking pain and I would like to see this improved for offline but I also get why they have fixed the system in this manner. 

As I said - my view is that I paid for Crash Team Racing Remastered, and I got way more than I bargained for (actually I got the game free, but that’s besides my point) - there is more here than was promised, all the goodies in the original game are still unlocked by usual means alongside even more.

Also the bonus content that’s was never a part of the original game is unlocked by means of incentivised goals and playing the game lots and lots.

This is not a bad deal.

And at the end of the day it’s just a means of artificially lengthening the game for the player. That’s nothing new. Yes the method sucks, but we are not paying for it. If, for example, parts of the original base game were locked away like this... then yes, it would be annoying. But it’s not, and the unlockables are mostly cosmetics and 3rd rate canon Crash Characters anyway. So this is a pretty acceptable bonus in my view.

As for bugs and stuff and the volume of players it affects? No. I have no proof of it being a minority. How would I know that? XD I’m just saying that the general rule of thumb with the internet is that the negative vibers are often more vocal and forefront. Problems are discussed to a higher capacity than that of Praise. It’s just the world of the web unfortunately. But not always true for all.

My counter is that there is no proof of totals beyond there being known issues and it being discussed and blown out of proportion. Sure, I personally have had no problems so far (actually - quite a few posters have said the same on here, but again, that is interestingly overlooked). But hey, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t sucks for those that have had problems, so I am sorry for those actually affected. 

At least we live in day and age of patches. I don’t think it’s excusable, but at least it’s possible.   

• Fist Bump 1

Edit: nevermind, I did it.

Patch 1.05 is live! Only 64mb this time. 

Edited by Jango

Just now, Jango said:

Speaking of patches, a 1.0.5 update has been added to my download list, but I got an error message and couldn't download. I was playing online when it happened and the game crashed. But I didn't got the global save corrupted message. What happened and why I can't download the update? lol

If it's an error saying something like 404, it's a error for downloading it when it isn't quite ready. I got it last night with the proper patch and had to wait a few mins before it downloaded proper.

Just keep trying every couple mins.

• Too Many Rings 1

What exactly creates this monstrosities anyways? It looks like textures swapped bodies. Ah, who cares, I've been laughing my ass of this everyday xD The next one is always funnier than the last. One of my favorites is Surprised Oxide.

9 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Well, this made my night.

Criminy.

5 hours ago, Son-icka said:

I just hope Beenox make the deformacoots actual unlockables one day.

I think it's Oxide's dog.

Soooo, I've unlocked Tawna, Ami & Liz. Reached Silver Tier. Played lots and lots more races online.... I also won a Twilight Harbor Online race, yay. I've been unable to get a Battle Match today. 

Will keep playing until I unlock Isabella & Megumi.

• Fist Bump 1

For anyone having a hard time getting Tawna, here's a quick and easy guide of the easiest Nitro challenges. Should roughly get around 5000-7000, which is enough for silver tier.

First things first - complete the quick challenges. They're an easy 500 Nitro. For this, all you need to do is 

• Play Online once
  • Check the Pit Stop
  • Do a Time Trial
  • Use a custom kart
  • WIn a race

Secondly, the next set is worth 300, these are the following - 

• Friendly Meeting - add someone here on PSN or your choice of console, and play a game with them.
  • Crate Breaker - goes without saying - break 50 crates - combine with other challenges for a quicker result
  • Perfect Start - 10 Perfect Boosts are easy, and usually required to get a good leg up on a race
  • Uka-Uka's minion - you'll likely get it naturally - hit 25 characters in Aku Aku's team

These are the big earners now, and the easiest for 750 nitro - 

• Zero to First - Play Twilight Tour, put the AI on easy, stay in the lead for the first lap, and most of the second lap. Wait just outside the finish line before entering Lap 3, and let everyone overtake you. Use a speed character (Preferably Ami for a Nitro Boost) to speed your way to first ASAP.
  • Better than Yourself - Do a time trial on Twilight Tour and do bad on purpose. Simply beat the bad time trial in your second attempt for an easy 750 nitro.
  • Check Out My New Ride - Following the above, you should've gotten the Bandibuggy by now, just use it online once.
  • Friend or Foe - Another very easy one if you work with a friend - just play Twilight Tour, AI easy, and with your friend. Have your friend let you win.
  • Grand Prix Dominator - Finish 1st online with Tawna - if you've unlocked Tawna by this point, you can just use Friend or Foe's layout for an easy win.

And for the Pro challenges - 

• Keep Nagging - it'll come naturally if you're grinding online. Optionally, you can boost it with a friend
  • Offroad is Lava - Piss easy, put AI on easy and be very careful. Do not get cocky and drive too fast. If you fall, quickly retry and it'll still count as two in a row.
  • Twice the Fun - You'll likely get it naturally, especially since there's a trophy for it. If not, you can boost it.

With all that, you should have enough for the first tier unlocks.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Good guide, Ryan!

I would like to reinforce that getting any of the Nitro Squad girls pack should be the first thing you do before jumping into the GP. Using any of the girls with their motorsport skin and paintjob will give you a 25% bonus on nitro points earning. Once you unlock the Bandibuggy car, use it too. It will give you another 10%. Buy any decals that give 5% bonus and equip it too. Unlock the Bandibuggy wheels and and equip that too. Equip eveeeeeeeeerything and you should have a total of 45% bonus. 

Another tip, look for the challenges you can do with a second controller on and no AI. I did a couple like this.

Right now I'm almoooost reaching gold tier. Played a couple of races with @Ryannumber1gamer earlier and we completed some online challenges. You can complete the online ones in private lobbies too, not just matchmaking!

Yeah, I'm almost through Silver tier (even without doing the online only challenges), been using Megumi as much as I can for all the non character specific challenges. For those having trouble with the one where you have to win by driving the whole last lap in reverse, here's how I did it: Do it on Papu-Papu's Pyramid (yes, really), set the A.I. to easy and lap count to seven. Drive through as fast as possible, taking BOTH shortcuts each time. Obviously, on lap six stop before you hit lap seven and begin driving backwards. And whatever you do, don't take the turn at the top of the pyramid too tight or you'll hit the boost pad, go forward, and have to start all over. If you do it right the A.I. will still be far enough away for you to take the win.

9 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Yeah, I'm almost through Silver tier (even without doing the online only challenges), been using Megumi as much as I can for all the non character specific challenges. For those having trouble with the one where you have to win by driving the whole last lap in reverse, here's how I did it: Do it on Papu-Papu's Pyramid (yes, really), set the A.I. to easy and lap count to seven. Drive through as fast as possible, taking BOTH shortcuts each time. Obviously, on lap six stop before you hit lap seven and begin driving backwards. And whatever you do, don't take the turn at the top of the pyramid too tight or you'll hit the boost pad, go forward, and have to start all over. If you do it right the A.I. will still be far enough away for you to take the win.

The 100x times easier way (if you have a second controller):

Crash Cove or Coco Park. 2 players, no AI. ;)

7 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

I think Ami is the better choice over Megumi IMO. Megumi's shortcut (the hop) is super finicky, basically like the awful Sewer Speedway shortcut change. Going Ami, with her as a top speed character means you've got a higher chance of making the corner-cut shortcut at the end of the track, which is the more valuable one. 

13 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

For those having trouble with the one where you have to win by driving the whole last lap in reverse, here's how I did it: Do it on Papu-Papu's Pyramid (yes, really), set the A.I. to easy and lap count to seven. Drive through as fast as possible, taking BOTH shortcuts each time. Obviously, on lap six stop before you hit lap seven and begin driving backwards. And whatever you do, don't take the turn at the top of the pyramid too tight or you'll hit the boost pad, go forward, and have to start all over. If you do it right the A.I. will still be far enough away for you to take the win.

Huh. I actually ended up using that method, but on Coco Park instead.

To be fair I bought Megumi because I prefer using Acceleration type characters (I used Coco throughout the entirety of Adventure). And I really haven't had any issues hitting any of the shortcuts with her.

Also, if you buy the Nitro Squad without their Motorsport Skin Pack, you can buy the Motorsport Skin Pack later at a discount. :)

tkmt9agvmd831.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Also, tonight starts the weekend bonus plus the daily bonus so get big money! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Got everyone but Megumi unlocked and closing in on the Racer Crunch skin. Also snagged the Biker Crash skin in the shop with the boosted weekend riches.

Better farm for coins before this gets patched. This one's Grumble Volcano bad.

I gotta say, the Grand Prix thing actually made the game a lot fresher to me, there is just a lot more to do now than simply play matches, modes and cups randomly. I really like the missions, they keep me busy and give me prizes, it's a cool gimmick.

What I still don't like is Adventure Mode, I beat the Tiny Tiger Arena race but the bosses are still obnoxious to battle, although I managed to win against Komodo Joe, it wasn't that fun...

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Also, if you buy the Nitro Squad without their Motorsport Skin Pack, you can buy the Motorsport Skin Pack later at a discount. :)

tkmt9agvmd831.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Also, tonight starts the weekend bonus plus the daily bonus so get big money! :D

Good to know! I'm saving my coins for Isabella and Crash's Biker skin tho'. What is your PSN ID? It's always nice to have someone from here to play with and help each other with these challenges ;)

BTW, Twilight Tour's music is the first 100% new song we got since Crash was resurrected and I gotta say, it's pretty Crash-y and catchy. Good one.