Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

11 hours ago, Jango said:

Equip eveeeeeeeeerything and you should have a total of 45% bonus. 

No. Actually the total you get with grand prix characters+motorsport skins+event kart+event wheels+event paint jobs+ grand prox decals= 50% bonus

• Promotion 1

24 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So are there like bios for all of these characters? 

That's something I wanted since they announced the CNK characters, so recent Crash fans would know who the fuck are those two mimes.

The game should have a little gallery on Extras, showing the character's model animated (similar to when you're about to buy them at the Pit Stop), a brief bio and which game/year it originated from.

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

No. Actually the total you get with grand prix characters+motorsport skins+event kart+event wheels+event paint jobs+ grand prox decals= 50% bonus

Math isn't my strongest suit.

• Thumbs Up 1

With the Thunderstruck shortcut, you can get 560 coins per two minutes if you grind it during the weekend, due to a 2x wumpa coin thing.

Turns out Wumpa Coins aren’t capped either, rather you have a half an hour per day of bonus time, which covers the x5 coins, and on a weekend, it’s bumped to an hour. Now is the perfect time to add someone on SSMB, and grind coins with them in a private lobby.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Jango said:

That's something I wanted since they announced the CNK characters, so recent Crash fans would know who the fuck are those two mimes.

The game should have a little gallery on Extras, showing the character's model animated (similar to when you're about to buy them at the Pit Stop), a brief bio and which game/year it originated from.

Okay, that's nice to know.

The one thing i have to remind myself when i lose a race in crash is that its not a serious racer and most people suck at the game. in first and get hit by a time distoration clock and 2 warp orbs in crash cove while in first in the third lap lol. Honestly id love a online mode without items. But then most players would never win so yes yes i know why they are there.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

With the Thunderstruck shortcut, you can get 560 coins per two minutes if you grind it during the weekend, due to a 2x wumpa coin thing.

Turns out Wumpa Coins aren’t capped either, rather you have a half an hour per day of bonus time, which covers the x5 coins, and on a weekend, it’s bumped to an hour. Now is the perfect time to add someone on SSMB, and grind coins with them in a private lobby.

...Welp, if you say so!

If anyone wants to add me on PS4, just look for "NegaMechanix". I'd be glad to join you all for some private matches!

• Thumbs Up 1

Since I was busy 100% the LEGO Speed Champions expansion of Forza Horizon 4, I didn't jump on this straight away. Since that has now been done, and I got a bit of a discount since I had enough on Rewards to get a £5 card and still had £5 on my Xbox's wallet [that I'd obviously forgot about], I've now dived into this.

I'm back in the past reliving the first time I played, and now there's more to get stuck into. I started out with the Wumpa Cup to get a feel for the controls, and dominated it, except for one race where someone attacked right at the end and overtook for first. Then into Adventure, and I found myself loving it. Had some trouble on a few of the races, destroyed Ripper Roo without getting hit once first time, managed to collect all the crystals first time in Skull Rock, and even completed the Relic and CTR challenges of Crash Cove.

I then spent the rest of the time looking at the Grand Prix stuff, and completing some of the things on there. That got me into some battles, and capture the flag 1v1 is intense, since you can't claim a flag at your base if your own is taken, so you've got to hunt the other person down without getting hit yourself. Probably my favourite battle mode.

This will be battling for time against Forza Horizon 4, and I feel it will be winning out.

5 hours ago, Jango said:

Good to know! I'm saving my coins for Isabella and Crash's Biker skin tho'. What is your PSN ID? It's always nice to have someone from here to play with and help each other with these challenges ;)

Sure! My PSN ID is Sonictrainer (current avatar is Spider-Man). Anyone is welcome to add me and I'm willing to help with challenges between breaks to let my right thumb heal...😅

Going online with a party is the best way to get more of the Challenges as well as get more Wumpa Coins.

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So are there like bios for all of these characters? 

The closest thing is the Crash Bandicoot Wiki.

I had to go back and look to see who Zem and Zam were.

I don't think there's a manual for this game.

Crash Biker is the best skin in the game.

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

The closest thing is the Crash Bandicoot Wiki.

I don't think there's a manual for this game.

Ah. They have been pretty sparse about having manuals the last half decade or so.

Seriously though, it might've been cool to have something like that if they're gonna be throwing in all these characters without context for some of them. If they had any to begin with, in some cases.

8 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I had to go back and look to see who Zem and Zam were.

Precisely.

Sounds like most people had a 180 in their negativity regarding the game. That’s awesome people are finding it a much better time. Having played it again recently, can’t say I personally see much in the way of improvements compared to the last time I played. Like is the game absolutely shit? No, clearly not. However I don’t think it’s anywhere near the best racer, and Activisions incompetence and greed stinks up the game so much, I don’t blame people at all for refusing to continue playing, or for loosing interest in checking the thing out. I’ll probably finish this prix event, and then put the game on hold, until the Spyro prix. By then hopefully they’ve made more noticeable improvements regarding the games problems.(microtransactions are not an improvement to a Grindy coin system, so if that’s their fix, they can fuck off, I’m not gonna stick around and continue playing.)

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Sounds like most people had a 180 in their negativity regarding the game. That’s awesome people are finding it a much better time. Having played it again recently, can’t say I personally see much in the way of improvements compared to the last time I played. Like is the game absolutely shit? No, clearly not. However I don’t think it’s anywhere near the best racer, and Activisions incompetence and greed stinks up the game so much, I don’t blame people at all for refusing to continue playing, or for loosing interest in checking the thing out. I’ll probably finish this prix event, and then put the game on hold, until the Spyro prix. By then hopefully they’ve made more noticeable improvements regarding the games problems.(microtransactions are not an improvement to a Grindy coin system, so if that’s their fix, they can fuck off, I’m not gonna stick around and continue playing.)

Not really a 180 for me, I'm just trying to help people where I can if I find any tricks or easy stuff in the game. All of the game's failings are still bs.

Yeah, there are many little things that could be added to make the experience better, especially in Battle Mode. There's not hit confirm, no way to see how many lifes the other players have. It's a tad underwhelming in my opinion. It lacks visual cues. 

Online mode lacks a lot of things. You can't play Cups, there's no option for "pure racing" -as in, no power-ups-, when you're in a friends' private lobby you can't see which track he/she picked, how many laps, the AI difficulty, nothing.

Also, the power-up balancing need a heavy tweaking. By God dem clocks and warp balls.

Finally managed to pull Crunch out of the Pit Stop. Can I say that it's so nice that they went with the original design instead of the soulless Mr. T parody that nobody likes. 

Was looking forward to the double coin boost this weekend (as I don’t have PS Plus) to grind for some shopping... and they have eradicated the multiplier coin feature offline completely in the update.

The past two weekends I had been getting at least 128 coins on certain tracks offline which at least made up for the low coin count during the weekdays. Now its maxes at about 56 a time regardless of the weekend promotion or power hour during the weekdays. This is bull****. They were supposed to improve the coin rewards for offline, not nerf us.

I would love to do online matches but I can’t afford PS Plus right now so why should I be penalised for this?? I don’t have time everyday to play 60 races to get the timed item in the shop, this is annoying and needs to be fixed to be fairer. I don’t care if they are trying to incentivise online play or taking a subscription out with Sony. It’s cornering off players in a harsh way. 

I can deal with the Nitro Rewards system because they are at least split between online and offline challenges (although I do think online challenges should make up a separate category entirely as I can never complete a checklist which annoys the heck out of me). But this New Wumpa Coin nerf is nasty.

Certainly not enough for me to hate the game as this has remained my only played game in my PS4 for the last two weeks... I’m totally addicted just like In 1999, and the game is definitely one of, if not THE BEST kart racer out there.

But the coin system still sucks.

Got every Nitro Squad character unlocked, snagged Lechaux from the shop, and entered Gold Tier. Nothing left to do but unlock Rocket and ride out the rest of this month unlocking whatever else I can. (Don't really care as much about the decals, skins, and paint jobs. Mostly interested in new character and kart options.)

4 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Finally managed to pull Crunch out of the Pit Stop. Can I say that it's so nice that they went with the original design instead of the soulless Mr. T parody that nobody likes. 

The one from Nitro Kart?

Well more like the one from Wrath of Cortex, but yeah. Just look at his smug face at the select screen, he's like "ah yeah, after a over a decade I'm finally back, baby! Let's do this!".

The game keeps telling me I’ve unlocked the same prix unlock every time I finish a match. Is that a glitch?

8 hours ago, KHCast said:

Sounds like most people had a 180 in their negativity regarding the game.

Not really. If anything, the main discussion is about how to exploit the game and get past the BS.

19 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Better farm for coins before this gets patched. This one's Grumble Volcano bad.

Really not looking forward to Beenox/Activision inevitably nerfing this as priority over the real issues. 

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Really not looking forward to Beenox/Activision inevitably nerfing this as priority over the real issues. 

Uh, this needs to be fixed. Like, it's the best way to grind coins right now, but as a short-cut, it's completely broken. It can be used to lap Oxide's ghost time, and if used Online, in a lobby where everyone doesn't know about the bug, you're basically confirming a victory for yourself.

Usually I'd call them out on their shit, but this is the instance they really do need to fix it. The only reason we don't want it fixed is it's the only decent way to get any coins, which is an issue in of itself that should be fixed.

So in short, the coin system needs fixing, as does this shortcut. I think the pitifully awful coin system should be top priority, but this skip should be as well, because it busts the game wide open for online play.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Uh, this needs to be fixed. 

Yeah,  I know that. The issue is that with the track record so far, they'll prioritize this (likely only because of the coins exploit) before other longer running issues that people have actually been asking them to fix.

9 hours ago, Jango said:

Yeah, there are many little things that could be added to make the experience better, especially in Battle Mode. There's not hit confirm, no way to see how many lifes the other players have. It's a tad underwhelming in my opinion. It lacks visual cues. 

Online mode lacks a lot of things. You can't play Cups, there's no option for "pure racing" -as in, no power-ups-, when you're in a friends' private lobby you can't see which track he/she picked, how many laps, the AI difficulty, nothing.

Also, the power-up balancing need a heavy tweaking. By God dem clocks and warp balls.

All this. Never did you get warp balls and clocks this much. Seriously 4 races online and i see at least 3 go off. in the old game even in last place they were rare to see that often. Also a mode for non items would be great. can not count the number of times im in first just to get hit by a missile and bomb combo from 2 and 3 lagging behind me on the third lap.

also yes to shortcut nerf. needs to be patched for people abusing it

...you ever go so fast during a race that you throw a Bowling Bomb in front of you and almost crash into it?

• Thumbs Up 1