Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

...Sooo is it finally fixed or what?

Some things are fixed allegedly. No where near to optimum condition though. 

Just now, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Some things are fixed allegedly. No where near to optimum condition though. 

Ah. That's unfortunate.

Okay then.

I might have to get my copy checked, coz' I haven't got any of these glitches so far. I'm not saying they don't exist, I saw the videos and screenshots. I guess I'm just super freaking lucky.

Hey, does Tawna have a paintjob? I couldn't find it.

As for the GP, I believe anyone who reaches gold tier will get the Champions' kart, there's more and more players everyday. It has over a million right now, holy cow. On PS4 at least.

Ok Beenox. You win (and damn lucky it was my birthday the other day) - I finally purchased a PS Plus subscription so I could take this online, earn more Wumpa coins, and actually be in with a chance to unlock Motorsport Tawna.

Can’t believe CTR was the game that forced me into this because I just don’t care for online subscription services much. 

Was it worth it. Utterly, completely, Yes.

I don’t doubt Activision are the reason behind the lame offline Wumpa Coin payout, high cost Pit-Stop rewards (with the requirement to be online to even access these) and of course the Grand Prix challenge (50% of which are incompleteable offline). All of which are were intentionally planned with non-subbers in mind to incentivise a subscription... so sure, It worked. As much as I disapprove of the approach.

But I will say this, I have enjoyed my time thoroughly in the three weeks of playing this game offline. Now I can take this online... it’s like the game just opened up a WHOLE lot more. I now get so much joy from actually being rewarded coins in a fairer manner (for the timed bonuses each day and at the weekend) which makes the game feel less grindy and repetitive.  

Finally, I can proceed to unlock the remaining characters by playing 5 online races and not 20 offline runs of Electron Avenue.. I can also justify myself to finally purchase Karts, Wheels and sticker sets with the new payout. 

Best of all, it’s so goddamn fun to play real people online. I love a real challenge. I even got my first deformacoot on the podium this morning!! This game is the best.

In retrospect of my playtime and still not being bored of the damn thing, I have to increase my personal rating of this game to a 9/10. I had it on solid level pegging with TSR originally for different reasons, but I’m now knocking my score of that game down to 7.5/10 - it just doesn’t come close to CTR regrettably.

STR has a great base game with a novel mechanic and fantastic (new) track designs, but unfortunately Sega left it left high and dry in the content and future support department, so I have no real incentive to play except for quick bursts of fun. I can play online now, but again it doesn’t really compare to the competitive skill CTR players challenge you with.

• Fist Bump 2

2 hours ago, Son-icka said:

Ok Beenox. You win (and damn lucky it was my birthday the other day) - I finally purchased a PS Plus subscription so I could take this online, earn more Wumpa coins, and actually be in with a chance to unlock Motorsport Tawna.

Can’t believe CTR was the game that forced me into this because I just don’t care for online subscription services much. 

Was it worth it. Utterly, completely, Yes.

I don’t doubt Activision are the reason behind the lame offline Wumpa Coin payout, high cost Pit-Stop rewards (with the requirement to be online to even access these) and of course the Grand Prix challenge (50% of which are incompleteable offline). All of which are were intentionally planned with non-subbers in mind to incentivise a subscription... so sure, It worked. As much as I disapprove of the approach.

But I will say this, I have enjoyed my time thoroughly in the three weeks of playing this game offline. Now I can take this online... it’s like the game just opened up a WHOLE lot more. I now get so much joy from actually being rewarded coins in a fairer manner (for the timed bonuses each day and at the weekend) which makes the game feel less grindy and repetitive.  

Finally, I can proceed to unlock the remaining characters by playing 5 online races and not 20 offline runs of Electron Avenue.. I can also justify myself to finally purchase Karts, Wheels and sticker sets with the new payout. 

Best of all, it’s so goddamn fun to play real people online. I love a real challenge. I even got my first deformacoot on the podium this morning!! This game is the best.

In retrospect of my playtime and still not being bored of the damn thing, I have to increase my personal rating of this game to a 9/10. I had it on solid level pegging with TSR originally for different reasons, but I’m now knocking my score of that game down to 7.5/10 - it just doesn’t come close to CTR regrettably.

STR has a great base game with a novel mechanic and fantastic (new) track designs, but unfortunately Sega left it left high and dry in the content and future support department, so I have no real incentive to play except for quick bursts of fun. I can play online now, but again it doesn’t really compare to the competitive skill CTR players challenge you with.

Glad you're enjoying your experience even with all the bad stuff. I also understand that shitty decisions were made, most likely by Activision, but they never got in the way of the fun I'm having with the game. Hopefully things will be tweaked after all the feedback, positive and negative. BTW, now that you're playing online, what's your PSN ID? We can play together too!

3 hours ago, Jango said:

As for the GP, I believe anyone who reaches gold tier will get the Champions' kart, there's more and more players everyday. It has over a million right now, holy cow. On PS4 at least.

I don't think so, The 5% NP deeded to unlock the Champions' Kart is actually the the current player count(which is constantly rising) divided by 20, Even if you were to complete the Gold Tier and unlock the Tawna skin, you still wouldn't be eligible to unlock the Champions' Kart

19 hours ago, 8ther said:

I don't think so, The 5% NP deeded to unlock the Champions' Kart is actually the the current player count(which is constantly rising) divided by 20, Even if you were to complete the Gold Tier and unlock the Tawna skin, you still wouldn't be eligible to unlock the Champions' Kart

Wait, why are you dividing by 20?

Because that's how you calculate 5% of something.

That being said, more and more new players would stacks things in an existing players' favour, as it's unlikely most of those new players will pass you on point count. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I've earned just over 38,000 nitro points. So I should max-out Gold tier comfortably before the grand prix finishes in 11 days time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm at almost 40,000 Nitro now, so I shouldn't have to worry about staying in the 5% for that. My online ranking is at about 8000 out of 95000 (That's on Xbox One, mind you.), so I should be able to get to the championship cart if I'm diligent enough. While racing online today I got first in Coco Park by about 20 seconds... and when the race ended it put me in 7th for no reason. Immediately afterward I got two deformacooots in a row, one of them being a Coco-Nash monstrosity and the other looked like Beaker from the Muppets, he even persisted into the race proper. I got a screenshot of it (if I can ever figure out how to get those things off of my Xbox One). Yeah, once you take this game online the stability really goes south. Did Todd Howard program the online parts of the game or what?

• Chuckle 2

My game crashed for the first time last night when I selected Pura on the character selection screen for a single race. Nothing was corrupted and the only thing lost was my current kart design, which reseted back to the classic one without any custom parts.

Mind you, I was scared shitless, evethough I knew I had a backup file from a couple of hours ago lol

2 hours ago, Plasme said:

I just unlocked N Tropy today. That Oxide Station ghost is by far the hardest to beat.

Just unlocked him myself. And yeah, that one was a bit of a pain.

Finally got the last Pro Challenge done and reach 37000 nitro points. The only thing left to unlock is Tawna Motorsport. I think I'll be done with the GP before the end of this week :) I'm also confortably sitting within the top 5% on the Nitro Leaderboard, so yeah, this has been an amazing experience. Can't wait for Back N' Time GP!

Well, I've completed the Gold Tier and got Motorsport Tawna. Now all I have to do is make sure I stay within the top 5% of the Nitro Leaderboard, and I should be good.

As previously mentioned, I also beat N. Tropy's Time Trial times and unlocked him. Probably not gonna go for the Oxide times and the Digital N. Tropy skin that goes with them unless I get really confident.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I've also just completed Gold tier, and now I got to inch my way up the rankings (unless enough people join up, that is).

19 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Just unlocked him myself. And yeah, that one was a bit of a pain.

How'd you do it? I've had minimal trouble on  most of the other tracks, but I can't even unlock the ghost race.

8 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

How'd you do it? I've had minimal trouble on  most of the other tracks, but I can't even unlock the ghost race.

I used Crunch on that track and just kept trying until I got it.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Joins the maxed-out Gold tier club*

Also, comfortably within 5% in the championship leaderboard (currently at 1339).

• Fist Bump 3

Ok so for some reason I'm not getting any Nitro points. Is there a reason for that?

1 hour ago, TheOcelot said:

*Joins the maxed-out Gold tier club*

Also, comfortably within 5% in the championship leaderboard (currently at 1339).

Holy cow. Is that Tawna's fabled paint job you found??