Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

So twice I got a glitch online where I ran into a TNT crate and it wound up about 10 feet over my head and never exploded, leaving me unable to use items the rest of the race (despite this I got on the podium both times). Then this last race in Twilight Tour I got crushed on the first USF ramp and fell down. When I came back up I was stuck in the bouncy state the rest of the race, having my speed cut. I got third despite this... and then the game decided "Nope, you got 8th, douchebag!". Online is fun when it works, but these all these bugs make it hard to love. At least I've crawled my way into the top 5%... for now.

17 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Holy cow. Is that Tawna's fabled paint job you found??

If you're referring to the pink/yellow color on the kart? It's just an early paint-job you can purchase at the pit-stop and is nothing to do with Tawna. When you've maxed-out gold tier Tawna'a outfit below is what you get. Nothing else.

2 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

When you've maxed-out gold tier Tawna'a outfit below is what you get. Nothing else.

Oh, I know that. Like I said,  I already got to the end of Gold Tier days ago.

That's sort of why I called Tawna's paint job "fabled", since I haven't been able to find it elsewhere. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So I've been trying to unlock N.Tropy, and have done all the tracks up to Oxide Station. So I'm racing through the course, and managed to get a good five seconds ahead of N.Tropy by lap 3. So I get to the big jumps (the first ranp being the USF ramp and the second being the long ramp immediately afterwards), jump off of ramp two, hit the ground... and clipped through the floor, costing me the time trial.

• Absolutely 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

Never in my life have I experienced such a shitty online server as this game. Constant kicking me out of matches, janky framrate consistency with the actual races, and even at rare points, the maps not being fully processed, so I’m driving through invisible nothingness for half the times. Like this is such a joke I’m sorry, none of the other online games I’ve played on PS4 have nearly this problem 

I gave up on getting the kart lol. I mean if i spent everyday grinding sure Id easily get it from online races but i got bored and watiting for the next gp. I got to many games out right now to let crash be the ONLY thing I play when i get home from work every night in between studying and resting up for the next work day.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, KHCast said:

Never in my life have I experienced such a shitty online server as this game. Constant kicking me out of matches, janky framrate consistency with the actual races, and even at rare points, the maps not being fully processed, so I’m driving through invisible nothingness for half the times. Like this is such a joke I’m sorry, none of the other online games I’ve played on PS4 have nearly this problem 

Add me on PSN, let's do some races. My ID is joaovicmartins. Maybe it's an unhappy coincidence. I read people constantly saying the major online problem is the warp ball + clock shit fest (which is 100% true, although it was toned down a bit recently), but AFAIK, the framerate problem was only as bad as you're describing when the game released a month back. Are you sure it isn't your internet connection? I have a very slow internet speed, and I manage to get solid races nearly 90% of the time 😕

• Fist Bump 2

14 hours ago, KHCast said:

Yeah no, I have over 100 hrs clocked in on switch and have never had such a horrible time. Haven’t heard those complaints from several online and offline friends either. Reddit sub doesn’t seem to mention any of those issues being widespread either, sounds like it may be an issue with your internet.

• Fist Bump 2

So against my better judgment, I used some of my spending money to buy this game while out and about. Don't know that it'll be popped in anytime soon, but I have it now.

I've just now managed to unlock N.Tropy. Ain't gonna even bother with the Oxide Times, those are just sadistic. Also, I've been playing online with a 600kb/s connection and I haven't experienced any real issues. Every once in a while I'll see a guy janking his way around the course, but considering how sparsely it happens I can chalk that up to their internet connection being bad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

Yeah no, I have over 100 hrs clocked in on switch and have never had such a horrible time. Haven’t heard those complaints from several online and offline friends either. Reddit sub doesn’t seem to mention any of those issues being widespread either, sounds like it may be an issue with your internet.

Given literally as I said, none of my other PS4 games online have had issues, unless Crash requires more than the average online based game, nah. The online for this is just buggy as shit. I’m certainly not the only one experiencing constant kicking out of matches for example. That’s a complaint I’ve seen brought up multiple times by people online. The only issue I’ve seen rarely brought up, and I even mentioned it was rare, was the map not being completed when racing through it. If you haven’t seen anyone complain about the online, maybe you’re just not looking that hard, cause I’ve certainly seen people critique the poor experiences they’ve had. Even in this very topic I’ve seen people bring up matches where opponents or items glitch up on them or how finishing races won’t guarantee you get the spot you finished in(or at times register you as finishing the race).

On 7/10/2019 at 3:46 PM, Sonictrainer said:

c3wmv8ofhd931.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Accurate stat bars for the classes' real stats, as the in-game ones are wrong.

...huh...

They certainly need to fix this. Amongst many other issues with this game.

Finally joined the Tawna Motorsport club. Just got her with a little help from my gf. 

Now I can play the game :V

• Fist Bump 1

I got motorsports tawna now as well, but i'm having a problem with the pit stop, I have every current character except N Trance, he will not appear in the shop 😧

Just now, StratusAsterion said:

I got motorsports tawna now as well, but i'm having a problem with the pit stop, I have every current character except N Trance, he will not appear in the shop 😧

N Trance was apart of an exclusive summer bundle that is now gone because of the Motorsport Nitro Squad packs. Absolutely stupid thing to do as well, if you ask me.

Speaking of stupid stuff, let's talk about how in the default version of this game, they taunt you with characters wearing Oxide Edition exclusive outfits, knowing damn well you can't get them. Why? Just...why??????????///

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Speaking of stupid stuff, let's talk about how in the default version of this game, they taunt you with characters wearing Oxide Edition exclusive outfits, knowing damn well you can't get them. Why? Just...why??????????///

Ah, yes. The Oxide Edition exclusive Skins, Decals, & Stickers.

Unfortunately, I didn't understand or research the different versions of the game when I bought it so I missed out on these by accident and didn't feel like going back to the store to buy it just for extra skins. (Plus, with my preorder I got a Crash car decoration and air fresher)

I kind of wish they did what Sonic Mania did with the Plus DLC and have them be purchasable on the Online Store, that way even if you didn't know about them, you can still get them.

Also, the Ai's vehicles are randomized. I've even seen the Top 5% Championship Cars being driven.

6 hours ago, KHCast said:

What’s everyone’s feelings on the PlayStation’s exclusive content? 

Sony got the exclusive content.....with an exclusive problem that some people are reporting is still there.

That aside though,  as someone who owned the Sony version before refunding, you're definitely not really missing anything if you don't have that version.

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

IIRC you get additional skins, "retro" karts and the track "Retro Stadium" which is just a PS1 low-poly version of Turbo Track-a really lame console exclusive, and you get to play with Oxide straightaway.

It's not really worth paying the extra money for to be honest.

Probably better to stick with the standard version.

13 hours ago, KHCast said:

IS THIS STILL IN? Lol

I tried to do that glitch in Papu's Pyramind but can't get it to work. Perhaps it's been fixed?

After you posted that video you inspired me to try and beat the Oxide time-trial in Papu's Pyramid (I'd all but given up on trying to beat his times-I'd only beaten seven) and managed to beat it:

It's bloody hard!

I've been like a man-on-a-mission this morning. I've beaten another 8 Oxide time trials (Deep Sea Driving, Assembly Line, Barin Ruins, Electron Avenue, Thunder Struck, Jungle Boogie, Android Alley & Clockwork Wumpa).

Can't beat Tiny Temple or Blizzard Bluff. Oxide drives like a demon. 

2 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Can't beat Tiny Temple or Blizzard Bluff. Oxide drives like a demon. 

You think those are bad, wait till you face him on Dragon Mines, Dingo Canyon, and Oxide Station.

12 hours ago, StratusAsterion said:

wait so i can't get him now?!

You can, he's part of a bundle with Zam and Zem that is separate from the special bundle section. I've seen it myself (although I already got the Summer bundle). 

8 hours ago, KHCast said:

I like Crash's retro skin and the retro kart, which even have the original SFX. But I reeeeeally couldn't give two shits for Retro Stadium. It's pretty bad honestly.

But since I always customize my kart, I rarely use the retro kart anyways :S

So yeah. It's something.