Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

32 minutes ago, 8ther said:

Would anyone here mind helping me complete some GP challenges? 

What system do you have the game on?

6 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

You think those are bad, wait till you face him on Dragon Mines, Dingo Canyon, and Oxide Station.

I've now managed to beat Dingo Canyon using Tiny. Was actually quite straightforward to get a good technique. Only needed a few attempts. Dragon Mines on the other hand is complete arse. It's very difficult to stay level with Oxide due to the narrow lay-out, which also makes it hard to get a good chain of boosts. I lose the most time on the ascending-spiral section. As for Oxide Station, the only hope is to maintain the blue/white boost (which you get from the massive boost-pad) for as long as possible at the end of each lap. Easier said than done.

1 minute ago, TheOcelot said:

It's very difficult to stay level with Oxide due to the narrow lay-out, which also makes it hard to get a good chain of boosts. I lose the most time on the ascending-spyral section. 

The only advice for this is using Square to do a quick break. That's the only way I've ever managed to get up the spiral without crashing, or falling off.

I've had a couple thoughts on this game. For starts, once you reach the end of Gold Tier the only reason to get more Nitro afterwards after this is to stay in the top 5%, if you even want to. They could have fixed this by giving you something like 1500 coins per 3000 Nitro from 42000 onwards, thus giving you a reason to keep going. Also, and I know this is going to sound weird, but warp orbs should travel a lot faster. As it is, if you get someone in your lobby who manages to get a massive lead, then the warp orb is just about worthless at actually stopping them, as nine times out of ten they'll finish before the orb can even get to them (and this is coming from someone who is guilty of pulling this, by the way). At this point the orb usually just bowls over the people in second and third trying to catch up. Also, they really need to rethink the item distribution. You really should't be getting triple bombs and masks in first, or warp orbs in third for that matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

1500 coins per 3000 Nitro from 42000 onwards

Honestly, I disagree with this completely. Because frankly - I think they should be giving out coins as you're working your way up to 42,000. The only meaningful rewards you get in the nitro bar is the kart parts, Tawna, and the costumes. Other than that, the rewards are shit, and honestly, getting Nitro would probably feel more rewarding if you got say 500-1000 coins per 2000 nitro gathered. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just throwing the idea that getting Nitro should be more rewarding. Obviously how that would work is something that can be debated on for ages. 

EDIT: Also, I've had warp orbs straight up miss me before. And I had one race in Tiger Temple where I threw a potion at the door and it didn't open, costing me the race.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:12 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:
On 6/22/2019 at 11:03 AM, KHCast said:

Pinstripes the worst offender. If you get behind him, you’re pretty much fucked since he bomb spams HARD with no breathing room, and on a stage like hot air sky, yeah that’s not fun. And he rubberbands the worst to boot. I seriously didn’t have that much trouble with any other boss for bullshit reasons like him

I'd argue Papu is just as bad. His stage already has a lot of tight turning, but Papu's constant item spam also means that it's stupidly easy for him to hit you with one item, and send you flying into either off a cliff, extending the recovery time, or into a plant, also extending recovery time, since the animations take so long.

Funnily enough,  when it comes to Nitro-Fueled, I beat Ripper Roo on the first go, Papu Papu took forever to bear, Komodo Joe on my first go, Pinstripe Potoroo taking forever to beat, and again Nitrus Oxide, I beat on the first try.

4 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

I've had a couple thoughts on this game. For starts, once you reach the end of Gold Tier the only reason to get more Nitro afterwards after this is to stay in the top 5%, if you even want to. They could have fixed this by giving you something like 1500 coins per 3000 Nitro from 42000 onwards, thus giving you a reason to keep going. Also, and I know this is going to sound weird, but warp orbs should travel a lot faster. As it is, if you get someone in your lobby who manages to get a massive lead, then the warp orb is just about worthless at actually stopping them, as nine times out of ten they'll finish before the orb can even get to them (and this is coming from someone who is guilty of pulling this, by the way). At this point the orb usually just bowls over the people in second and third trying to catch up. Also, they really need to rethink the item distribution. You really should't be getting triple bombs and masks in first, or warp orbs in third for that matter.

A lot of the weapons in this game work poorly and the distribution system is hella broken. Homing missiles are absolutely crazy. I'm pretty sure they made the missiles lucky based, because sometimes it simply misses targets in a straight line lol

As for the warp ball, heck, I don't even know how it works anymore. Sometimes it hits first place, but ignores 2nd and 3rd, sometimes it ignores 2nd, but hits 1st and 3rd, sometimes it hits all of them, and sometimes it even decides to ignore 1st place and keep moving. It's wacky. 

I admit I won some online races because the game gave me an Aku-Aku mask when I was in 2nd, but still... They couldn't just reverse engineer the ogirinal and copy the equation or something? Although... The original can be just as inconsistent and broken... 

Well, you know what never fails? The clock. It never fails to piss me off lol It should be suuuuper hard to get.

I just finished the grind for Motorsport Tawna.

Oh lord that was terrible. I really hope Beenox revamp this stupid nitro system because I am just completely burnt out on the game now,

I think it speaks volumes that a lot of the stuff worth giving a damb about for this event isn't even earned with Nitro,  but gotten from the Pit Stop with coins. Getting coins wouldn't always intersect properly with getting worthy amounts of coins.

That said, there are still some keen things in the Nitro challenge bar that keep dragging us back,  let alone that Champion Kart.

Honestly, Tawna is me in this photo.

Surrounded by the spoils and acquisitions in the end, but honestly worn out and wondering if it was even worth it to sit through this stuff over and over again.

Are they all related cause tawna looks like the sister older than the rest annoyed at them all

15 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

I think it speaks volumes that a lot of the stuff worth giving a damb about for this event isn't even earned with Nitro,  but gotten from the Pit Stop with coins. Getting coins wouldn't always intersect properly with getting worthy amounts of coins.

Honestly, I would have preferred a thousand times more if all the GP exclusive itens were added to the Nitro Gauge instead. There are so many itens, it's more likely that every time you play you're rewarded with something, even if it's just 3 stickers. Being constantly rewarded would benefit replayability. Between karts, characters, paintjobs, wheels, stickers, decals and skins, I think there are around 60 exclusive itens or more, meaning you could get something every 200 points or so, doing a rough math. 

That would've worked much better as an incentive to keep playing, because the Nitro Points can't buy anything on the Pit Stop, and filling the Nitro Gauge completely only unlocks 15 itens. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Since I've been seeing GP challenges require the use of the Adventure unlocked characters and I still hadn't completed it, that's what I'd been doing today. Having already beaten Ripper Roo easily, I proceeded to easily win against Papu Papu, though I did have to restart because on the third lap I kept ruining lines and ending up being eaten by the plants. I got in a lucky shot on Komodo Joe near the end of the race to beat him first time, with the same being said of Pinstripe. Oxide was a complete joke, since I think he either ran into one of his own things or fell off the track, as one second I was behind then I was in front. I then had absolutely no trouble at all finishing that first lap and completing the other two, though I almost messed it up near the end as I crashed into a wall.

I've got just under 12,000 Nitro points to go to finish the GP, but unless I can get in a heap of time over the next few days, I don't think I'll get it. I'm still needing that GP-exclusive Pit Stop kart to get one of the pro challenges, which I'd probably already have had the shop not stolen my Wumpa coins when I bought the four-pack of GP characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/3/2019 at 12:57 AM, Jango said:

but... Where are the 2500 free coins?

Son of a gun. We never even got those. Tsk.

51 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Son of a gun. We never even got those. Tsk.

You probably got it. It just happens that the game never warns you. But I'm pretty sure I got dem coins, and so did you.

Anyways. Just bought Biker Crash skin! I love his podium animation xD

3 minutes ago, Jango said:
1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

You probably got it. It just happens that the game never warns you. But I'm pretty sure I got dem coins, and so did you.

I can say for certain, I never got them. I'd have noticed. Especially during the grand forcing the usage of wumpa coins. 😕

I figure they must have somehow missed players? Weirdly I received my 2500 before I even signed up to play online. 

I am somewhat half and half on how they stipulated Nitro and I do understand WHY they did this the way they did. But there is room for improvement.

For example the best unlock-able is available at the end of Tier 1. Now... this is not a bad thing by any measure, but I don’t think that motorsport skins are by any means a rewarding finale end goal for Tier 2 and Tier 3 after that.

I can appreciate that they placed the Trophy Girls and other skins and characters and karts relating to this GP on the shop so those that didn’t want to do the GP stuff wouldn’t suffer. But considering that you receive constant rewards in adventure mode after every race, then you look at the stupidly large amount of GP specific items thrown into the pit-stop - it makes me think that it would not have harmed them to make more of this stuff available on the Nitro rewards bar AS WELL AS the shop. 

Otherwise, I’d call this a pretty huge success for Beenox. They enticed players in, kept the online side running by giving us timed exclusive incentives to play, no micro transaction to use REAL money (big plus!) And because it’s actually fun to play this game online and off I never felt too burnt out by the end. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed 100%. If they spread the GP itens all over the Nitro Gauge, it won't feel some much like a chore. Getting Nitro Points is easy, but the prizes are so far apart that it feels like it drags. A bunch of the challenges are arguibly boring and repetitve, but I imagine Beenox will get more creative as the GPs go on. The rewarding system for the GP itself needs more stuff to keep people interested. Only 5 prizes for tier is kinda dishonest. They gotta add 20 prizes for tier, at least. A bonus for tier completion would be great too, be it coins, maybe a bundle. Also, a skin as the final unlockable is not a great idea either. It could be a bundle too and like, 10000 coins bonus.

That's how I would improve the GP on a veeeery basic level. I have a lot of other ideas.

The Pit Stop on the other hand, would have the same prizes as the Nitro Gauge. It's up to the player to decide if he wants to buy them right way, or earn it with nitro points, saving the coins for something else. And if he earns the item with nitro, it should NOT appear on the Pit Stop anymore.

Hey, I hope Koala Kong is in the next GP!

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

So it looks like the game had not only one of the biggest launches of the year, but the biggest launch in franchise history. It's nice to get some positive news about the game for once. Hopefully this means Crash is here to stay.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/07/18/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-has-the-best-launch-in-franchise-history/

It's not that surprising. You take a beloved character out of the limelight for a long time and you put him back, people will come back in droves to support it. Time isn't that huge a factor when it comes to stuff like this. If anything it can make people more hungry for something.

It helps stand as proof that Iizuka's old fear that not pushing out as many Sonic games as they possibly can would endanger his standing in the popular consciousness as even more of a fallacy. Maybe nowadays his mind has changed about that but you could tell it was a heavy thing back in the late 2000s. Sonic never had anything to worry about concerning that. He's the poster boy of bad games to a lot of people and yet still beloved enough to make the news when people fuck up his still well-loved character design.

I didn't play any of the late Crash games (or any Crash game aside from Wrath of Cortex on the PS2 for that matter) but I'd imagine Crash fans largely don't give a shit about how bad those games are so long as the promise of more is over the horizon after such a long drought. With these games being as well-received as they are, there's probably little fear that they'd be messed up too.

Maybe. It's still Activision calling the shots so we can't be too comfortable. Plus, things haven't truly born fruit until an actual new game is announced. I'd feel secure in saying that Crash is officially back once that happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, DarkRula said:

Since I've been seeing GP challenges require the use of the Adventure unlocked characters and I still hadn't completed it, that's what I'd been doing today. Having already beaten Ripper Roo easily, I proceeded to easily win against Papu Papu, though I did have to restart because on the third lap I kept ruining lines and ending up being eaten by the plants. I got in a lucky shot on Komodo Joe near the end of the race to beat him first time, with the same being said of Pinstripe. Oxide was a complete joke, since I think he either ran into one of his own things or fell off the track, as one second I was behind then I was in front. I then had absolutely no trouble at all finishing that first lap and completing the other two, though I almost messed it up near the end as I crashed into a wall.

I've got just under 12,000 Nitro points to go to finish the GP, but unless I can get in a heap of time over the next few days, I don't think I'll get it. I'm still needing that GP-exclusive Pit Stop kart to get one of the pro challenges, which I'd probably already have had the shop not stolen my Wumpa coins when I bought the four-pack of GP characters.

Honestly don't stress about getting the 5%kart you honestly don't have time to even look at others karts outside the online lobby

I don't even have to worry about being within 5% for the Nitro leaderboard, since I'm there already, and have been for some time.