Jump to content
Jango

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Perhaps this will help. I've manged to beat Oxide's time trial in Oxide Station! I recorded my attempt:

Also beat Polar Pass & Tiny Area today.

I still need to beat seven more (Crash Cove, Sewer Speedway, Coco Park, Blizzard Bluff, Dragon Mines, Tiny Temple & Inferno fucking-hard Island).

I'm watching the video and it looks easy o.O You don't even keep blue fire for the rest of the 2 other laps. You've played exactly like I did couple of minutes ago, and I was doing the relic run, which meant I had to slow down in some turns and go out of my way to hit crates. I imagine tracks with less jumps and turbo pads, like Inferno Island and Dragon Mines, must be indeed harder. But Oxide Station? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jango said:

I'm watching the video and it looks easy o.O You don't even keep blue fire for the rest of the 2 other laps. You've played exactly like I did couple of minutes ago, and I was doing the relic run, which meant I had to slow down in some turns and go out of my way to hit crates. I imagine tracks with less jumps and turbo pads, like Inferno Island and Dragon Mines, must be indeed harder. But Oxide Station? 

What things appear to look like to you, don't overturn everyone else's experiences.  Come back after you've tried it for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made good progress today. I've beaten another 4 Oxide time-trials (Coco Park, Blizzard Bluff, Inferno Island & Sewer Speedway).

Once I figured out the right technique for Inferno Island it was surprising easy. For Sewer Speedway I kept having trouble making the short-cut when boosting like crazy (the red boost makes it so easy to miss-time the tricky jump for the short-cut). However, in only my second attempt today everything just clicked. Coco Park & Blizzard Bluff were bloody hard but I persevered. 

Crash Cove, Dragon Mines & Tiny Temple are the only one's left to beat in order to unlock the Platinum.

I've tried so hard to beat Crash Cove but keep falling short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

What things appear to look like to you, don't overturn everyone else's experiences.  Come back after you've tried it for yourself.

To quote the might Thanos: Fine, I'll do it myself.

 

3 attempts. 3 wins. Can I go home now, Jova-kun?

ZHJEJhUh.jpg

yJd6JMCh.jpg

Dude, trust me. Getting the Platinum relics is way harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was going to try to go for at least gold relics in order to get the skin, when my medium 100% Adventure save file just up and decided to roll back to 0% for no reason. On the bright side, at least I can cheese it now by playing on easy, but come on Beenox, how does something like that even happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jango said:

To quote the might Thanos: Fine, I'll do it myself.

  Reveal hidden contents

3 attempts. 3 wins. Can I go home now, Jova-kun?

ZHJEJhUh.jpg

yJd6JMCh.jpg

Dude, trust me. Getting the Platinum relics is way harder.

😮 I kneel to thee Jango-senpai!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's okay, relax @StratusAsterion 😅

I didn't mean to brag back there, I can recognize it is hard to beat Oxide's times, as you gotta boost constantly and / or hold a blue fire the longest you can in tracks that allows it. I'm pretty sure this wasn't necessary in the original game, as I could barely chain boosts correctly back in the day and I still managed to beat N. Tropy's times with ease (I was a veeeery average player, I didn't even knew about reserves, USF and all that jazz).

Nitro-Fueled is hard. What I meant when I said "this looks easy", it's because I've been doing every platinum relic challenge in Adventure Mode, and compared to that, beating Oxide's time looked easy. I'm telling you, getting every platinum relic is hell. At least the times are exactly the same as the original game, but still, it's too stressful, as you gotta not only boost constantly, but boost correctlyYou can easily fly over a time crate by going too fast, or fall under it by not going fast enough, and if that happens, you restart, there's no return (especially if you miss crates over bottomless pits). You gotta time every jump and nail every turn. When you master this, time trials become a piece of cake.

Sorry to everyone if I came off as douche, I didn't mean to devalue anyone's effort 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not even trying the Oxide trials, I'm simply satisfied I managed to complete the Adventure, it sure wasn't fun, Pinstripe was the toughest my I'm sure that is the common opinion, Oxide was a joke after that, I believe I completed it in 1 try.

But overall I'm glad there is much more to do in this game, it does feel like it offers a lot, I'm definitely gonna try out the next grand prix events and new content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So. Last day of GP. How's it feel? I think I got a little more than half of the available GP itens. Actually, I think the only itens I didn't bought spontaneously were those ugly Twilight wheels. Pretty sure I've missed some stickers and a bunch of those country themed paintjobs, but in general, I'm happy with how it turned out to me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

The GP needs a major rework when in it comes to challenges. Too many of them are  not fun at all or obvious things you would normally do. Also scrap the nitro bonus. 

I wouldn't scrap the Nitro Points, but I would put EVERY GP item on that bar instead of the Pit Stop. That way, everybody would be able to unlock mostly everything by the end of it since the itens wouldn't change every day like it happens with the Pit Stop. 

And yeah, I would also tweak the challenges to make them more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, StratusAsterion said:

What kind of Challenges would you guys like to see going forward that could be more fun? something definitely has to happen with all the constant boring ass battle mode ones

The daily ones easily need to be more rewarding and less tedious. Quick challenges are 100 nitro and one of them is simply going into the Pit Stop. Annoying ones like the battles are usually 75 each, and the most tedious one, winning a Grand Prix is only worth 150. Bump the daily’s up to about 150-250 per challenge, and bump weekly up to 300-400. 

On top of that, remove character specific challenges, you’re literally forced to use 25% boost to your nitro since you can’t use a nitro girl to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things like "use every weapon as N. Gin", "play online with 2 friends as Team Bandicoot or Team Cortex", "take Cortex Castle's shortcut in every lap and win", "block missiles with TNT or beakers 5 times" could shake things up.

I wouldn't scrap the quick challenges they have right now, they're fine IMO. I also like the easy challenges like "break X crates", "collect X wumpa fruits", "do X trick jumps as X character" or the "play X Cup".

I would mostly change how the challenges work tho': make them all achievable both offline and online, rise the ammount of Nitro Points you get from every challenge and give a bonus for completing every challenge in a chain and for completing a tier. Also, tone down the "X% bonus for using X character, decal, paintjob, kart". Make it a daily thing instead. Like, if you play as Crash (any skin) on the day he's a bonus character, you get a little bonus.

I read a very cool idea on Reddit a few weeks ago: hide a "wumpa whip" in every track. If you find it and collect it, it would double your Nitro Points earnings in that race.

As for the online mode as a whole, heck, there's sooooo much to improve. Add cups, give an option to invite random player to private lobbies (like GTA 5 does), add an option to invite friends to matchmaking lobbies too, make the 30 seconds start after the 3rd racer finishes the race, not the 1st.

The layout could also be improved miles, it's so barebones right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are ideas I have:

1. The Grand Prix Nitro Bar only shows how much Nitro you need to get to the other side of the bar instead of how much you need to unlock the next available thing. I think going forward, the bar should have numbers under each unlockable to allow people to plan when and how long they'll play to try and unlock stuff.

2. I think the Pit Shop needs a redesign. Instead of just having 8 options on one page, each type of unlockable should get their own page:

  1. Special Sets/Packs
  2. Kart Sets
  3. Skins
  4. Paint Jobs
  5. Wheels
  6. Decals
  7. Stickers
  8. Special Sales
  9. Grand Prix Exclusives
  • You can also sort items by price, new/old, Grand Prix Bonuses, etc.
  • You can tag items so that when shop resets, items you tag won't be lost in the rotation (or get rid of the rotation entirely). 
  • There would be sales that lower the price for certain items on specific days, weeks, months, or seasons. For example, Sundays could be a discount for Special Sets and during the summer, players can get a discount on the Summer style items like Beach Coco & Lifesaver N. Trance
  • See 1 or 2 items on a Set that interest you but don't feel like buying the entire Set? Now you can! Plus, the next time you want the other items, you can buy the Set for a discount or still buy them individually
  • If you have all of the items for a specific section of the shop, it will have a "Sold Out" message instead of several that say "Empty".

3. I think there be a Garage/Collection option that allows you to look at all of the items you've collected and save presets of characters & cars you've put together. Want to race as one of the Nitro Squad with their Motorsport Skin, Sticker, & Paintjob? You can save a set for that. Also, you can look at your Friends' Garages to see what they're rocking.

4. Didn't make it into the Top 5 percent in the Grand Prix? That's ok. As a complimentary prize, we'll convert all the Nitro you've earned into Wumpa Coins. Let me see here... how does 1 Nitro = 100 Wumpa Coins sound? Speaking of which, there should be a calculator that tells players how many Trophies/Nitro they need to be in the top 5 Percent.

5. Instead of just daily & weekend bonuses, what if you can unlock Bonuses for doing other things? Just beat Oxide in Adventure Mode? Here's a Wumpa Coin Bonus for you. Beat him again at 100%? Here's a bigger bonus for you. Did you just unlock all the skins for a Characters or Decals for a Car? Here's a Bonus for ya.

6. Finally, instead of Daily & Weekend Bonuses being stuck to a timer, it should be tied to Coupons that are used during a certain number of races/battles played in. If you're online, and a race gets canceled, your coupons get refunded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good ideas, but I'm just raising a problem here.

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

4. Didn't make it into the Top 5 percent in the Grand Prix? That's ok. As a complimentary prize, we'll convert all the Nitro you've earned into Wumpa Coins. Let me see here... how does 1 Nitro = 100 Wumpa Coins sound?

This would have to be a direct conversion - 1:1. Even doing just one quick challenge will net you with 100 Nitro. A 1:100 conversion would translate that to 10,000 Wumpa coins, which means that anyone who got near to the 5% but not within it would be set for the entire month and beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkRula said:

This would have to be a direct conversion - 1:1. Even doing just one quick challenge will net you with 100 Nitro. A 1:100 conversion would translate that to 10,000 Wumpa coins, which means that anyone who got near to the 5% but not within it would be set for the entire month and beyond.

And that would be a bad thing? Honestly,  given complaints with the pit stop even being a thing, I'd say it's fully warranted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here are ideas I have:

1. The Grand Prix Nitro Bar only shows how much Nitro you need to get to the other side of the bar instead of how much you need to unlock the next available thing. I think going forward, the bar should have numbers under each unlockable to allow people to plan when and how long they'll play to try and unlock stuff.

2. I think the Pit Shop needs a redesign. Instead of just having 8 options on one page, each type of unlockable should get their own page:

  1. Special Sets/Packs
  2. Kart Sets
  3. Skins
  4. Paint Jobs
  5. Wheels
  6. Decals
  7. Stickers
  8. Special Sales
  9. Grand Prix Exclusives
  • You can also sort items by price, new/old, Grand Prix Bonuses, etc.
  • You can tag items so that when shop resets, items you tag won't be lost in the rotation (or get rid of the rotation entirely). 
  • There would be sales that lower the price for certain items on specific days, weeks, months, or seasons. For example, Sundays could be a discount for Special Sets and during the summer, players can get a discount on the Summer style items like Beach Coco & Lifesaver N. Trance
  • See 1 or 2 items on a Set that interest you but don't feel like buying the entire Set? Now you can! Plus, the next time you want the other items, you can buy the Set for a discount or still buy them individually
  • If you have all of the items for a specific section of the shop, it will have a "Sold Out" message instead of several that say "Empty".

3. I think there be a Garage/Collection option that allows you to look at all of the items you've collected and save presets of characters & cars you've put together. Want to race as one of the Nitro Squad with their Motorsport Skin, Sticker, & Paintjob? You can save a set for that. Also, you can look at your Friends' Garages to see what they're rocking.

4. Didn't make it into the Top 5 percent in the Grand Prix? That's ok. As a complimentary prize, we'll convert all the Nitro you've earned into Wumpa Coins. Let me see here... how does 1 Nitro = 100 Wumpa Coins sound? Speaking of which, there should be a calculator that tells players how many Trophies/Nitro they need to be in the top 5 Percent.

5. Instead of just daily & weekend bonuses, what if you can unlock Bonuses for doing other things? Just beat Oxide in Adventure Mode? Here's a Wumpa Coin Bonus for you. Beat him again at 100%? Here's a bigger bonus for you. Did you just unlock all the skins for a Characters or Decals for a Car? Here's a Bonus for ya.

6. Finally, instead of Daily & Weekend Bonuses being stuck to a timer, it should be tied to Coupons that are used during a certain number of races/battles played in. If you're online, and a race gets canceled, your coupons get refunded.

Love your ideas, especially the suggestion for a better Pit Stop. It should've been like this since the beginning. I also really miss an option to save/load custom karts, a garage, like you proposed, would be the perfect answer to that. One thing I could swear they would do (but didn't) was a driver license with the player's stats (races played, races won, favorite character, favorite track, favorite kart...). Really miss that :(

 

BTW, GP itens are still available at the Pit Stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well 1270397/20 is 63519, so I think you're safe (I'm at 1559 out of 110000 on Xbox, almost within the top 1%, so if I don't get the kart I'm gonna be pissed). Looking around yeah, it seems the kart will be handed out tomorrow. GP items are still in the Pit Stop, which is nice because I can get Motorsport Liz, the only one I'm missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jango said:

BTW, GP itens are still available at the Pit Stop.

6 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

GP items are still in the Pit Stop

That's good.

34 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I got 42,184, which I think is in the 5% area for PS4 for the Champion Kart (Total players is 1270397). Can anyone confirm? I heard it wouldn't be handed out til tomorrow so idk if I'm in the top 5 or not.

You're in the top 5%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all are winners. But that was a piece of cake compared to what I just got done: after what feels like a hundred attempts, I got N. Gin Labs platinum relic. Holy crap, that wasn't easy at all. Now I just gotta finish the Gem cups, get the platinum from Turbo Track and kick Oxide's space butt and that's a 101% on Classic Adventure mode with every platinum relic :)

Edit: All done! 101% Classic Adventure Mode with every platinum relic (which I never managed back in 1999). Damn, these platinum relic challenges really put me to the test! Now that I've completely nailed the controls, I gotta say, damn, they are amazing. When I got the game on June 21st the controls felt uncanny at first, but now? Yeah, going back to the original will feel reaaaally weird (if I ever do). Dare I say the controls are more satisfying than the original.

BTW, if you guys intend to go for the platinum relics, here are the worst offenders in my opinion:

Roo's Tubes, Sewer Speedway, Coco Park, Papu's Pyramid, Blizzard Bluff and N. Gin freaking Labs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.