Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

What infuriates me the most about this is that the functionality is already literally present in game. If you buy any of the GP limited stuff, like karts, or costumes, it will automatically cycle through into the next item, which is usually just a regular base game item. 

For a full month, I've literally had one of my bundle slots constantly empty because I had already gotten all of the Nitro Girl bundles in the first week. So do you really want to tell me it's my fault that Beenox seemingly couldn't have just made the Summer/Princess/additional bundles simply retake the Nitro Girl slot when all bundles were bought? Functionality literally already present with kart bundles, costumes, and everything else? 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Absolutely 4

22 minutes ago, Jango said:

Pretty sure Nash didn't dissapeared from the Pit Stop during the GP.

N. Trance did. Along with the Summer bundle he's exclusive to. Along with the Princess bundle.

That's unquestionably bad design.

I see your point, people have, myself included, proposed better solutions for the Pit Stop. Pretty sure if they wanted to change how it works, they would've it already. It sucks for sure. 

This is why I hope the Pit Stop gets a redesign.

There's no reason why there should be a full "Empty" slot if I haven't bought everything yet.

By the logic of the items, that should be at least 2 Kart Set Slots (I bought the N Trance Bundle already since it looked like it was, and still is, the most expensive thing in the Pit Stop).

Starting August 2:

And here we go... Back N. Time!

Road map:

Oh boy, Mad Scientist Crash and Ripper Roo skins look dope. Major Back to the Future vibes.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the T-Rex is the bronze end reward. Makes sense I guess, but those challenges still look the same. I do think I might be able to zoom through bronze way easier than I did for the last, though.

Huh, no sign of Baby Cortex or Baby N.Tropy. Guess not everything in the datamine will be showing up after all.

29 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Huh, no sign of Baby Cortex or Baby N.Tropy. Guess not everything in the datamine will be showing up after all.

It's normal. Beenox probably just threw every idea they had for possible characters, which is normally how brainstorming works. If it's any consolation, Pharaoh Cortex wasn't listed in the road map art either, yet he showed up.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

N. Trance did. Along with the Summer bundle he's exclusive to. Along with the Princess bundle.

That's unquestionably bad design.

Princess bundle did, N Trance didn't. 

You know, seems everytime I poke my head in out of boredom, there's a number of complaints about the programming, the convenience of updates, and even basic unlockables. 

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

You know, seems everytime I poke my head in out of boredom, there's a number of complaints about the programming, the convenience of updates, and even basic unlockables. 

Maybe if the complaints weren't justified or didn't exist, you wouldn't be seeing them.

But considering the programming launched with a major game-breaking bug, and basic unlockables being stupidly done via a bad shop system that locks them out for months, they are very well justified.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's some gameplay... Without music? Level looks awesome tho', better than Twilight Tour IMO:

Oh my God, the baby characters only have a voice modulator, that's kinda lazy hahaha Funny neverthless.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Maybe if the complaints weren't justified or didn't exist, you wouldn't be seeing them.

But considering the programming launched with a major game-breaking bug, and basic unlockables being stupidly done via a bad shop system that locks them out for months, they are very well justified.

The fact that terrible internet management like this is still a thing, is inexcusable. 

19 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah for now, the optimal experience is local multiplayer which is excellent. Online is just plagued with glitches and poor decisions.

15 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Oh, I know.

It's just kinda notable to me since I end up being pretty swamped in it and only got the game for my backlog a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, mayday2592 said:

Yeah for now, the optimal experience is local multiplayer which is excellent. Online is just plagued with glitches and poor decisions.

Ah, so it has odd school 2player? Sounds appropriate.

1 hour ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Princess bundle did, N Trance didn't. 

Actually, he did, along with the summer bundle, which is the only way to obtain him, as has been reported by countless people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Noticed in the Prehistoric Playground video N.Trance looks to have a new skin. Hopefully this means he's available normally.

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2019-07/Get-Ready-to-Go-Prehistoric-The-Back-N-Time-Grand-Prix-is-coming-to-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-on-August-2nd

As always, the Pit Stop will be stocked with new and returning characters and cosmetic items, which players can unlock using Wumpa Coins*. With all this content available, there will also now be a way for players to fast-track their Wumpa Coin collection if they like. Starting in early August, players will have the option to purchase Wumpa Coin bundles from their game console stores to supplement the Coins they earn by playing. This option won’t change the game’s core mechanics – players will still earn Wumpa Coins by playing the game in any mode, just as before. They will just able to purchase additional coins if they choose.

aJa2ogA.gif

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Absolutely 3

17 minutes ago, Sean said:

Acti: Starting in early August, players will have the option to purchase Wumpa Coin bundles from their game console stores to supplement the Coins they earn by playing

It's like that this game was intentionally designed with bullshit grinding in order to give incentive for purchasing coins, and this bullshit design was added into the game to begin with, and Activision was attempting to get good PR points by not adding microtransactions from the beginning, only to add them later when everyone already bought the game.

Activision's officially shoved a Crash game with their microtransaction bullshit, what a quick way to ruin someone's day Acti.

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Actually, he did, along with the summer bundle, which is the only way to obtain him, as has been reported by countless people.

Those people are wrong then. Like I said, I saw a bundle of him with Zam and Zem. It appeared three times during the Nitro Grand Prix. 

But off that note, lol Activision. Given I got everything in time in the last grand prix, I'll just do it again and tell Activision "Up yours". 

6 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Apparently they have history of doing this with recent COD games also. 

This is exactly why I called months ago that they were going to do this. Black Ops 4 did the same thing where the game was intentionally made to be as grindy as possible, and then Activision added loot boxes, and microtransactions later, specifically for skipping tiers in their ""content"" drops.

As soon as it was shown how grindy the coin system was, it became obvious what would happen. I very much believe we'll be seeing Nitro packs later to help skip Grand Prix grinds as well.

• Absolutely 1