Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

11 hours ago, Son-icka said:

It’s also OPTIONAL. 

You know, typically, when something in an already purchased video game is optional it's usually largely left up to the player to completely ignore it without it having any real negative effect on the way they want to play the game or unlock the game's content. Typically it's seen as something that's up to the player to do because whether they do it or not doesn't matter. Usually the choice would be something that would make their experience better without the fear of it being made worse should they opt out of doing it. However, if this game is as grindy with the fucking wumpa coins as I'm hearing it is, then the game was clearly DESIGNED with the mentality that these now implemented microtransactions would speed up the process of acquiring them. 

That means that the very nature of the way the game functions was affected by this scheme. Microtransactions are not optional because there's often a consequence to the player and the game itself whenever they're around. There shouldn't even BE an option to pay MONEY to speed up the process of acquiring something that was billed as being FREE in a console game. What sense does that make?

This thing is free but there's an option to spend money to acquire it faster? Fucking what?

Star Wars: Battlefront II tried to use many excuses like this ("We wanted to give players a sense of Pride and Accomplishment") but it was clearly bullshit because when they got rid of the microtransactions (before putting them back in again for cosmetics) they had to completely readjust, rebalance, and fine tune the entire game. 

It's not an OPTION to be saddled with this shit. It's an ultimatum.

You either buy our shit or you grind for hours on end to maybe acquire our shit before time runs out and you have to wait to do it again. Otherwise, you're not getting it at all.

Why do people have to either face a horrible, annoying grind or buy a bunch of fake currency in bundles? Activision needs to get the fuck out of here with that.

I don't mind exchanging money for DLC if the price is reasonable. I give you money, you give me a character. Done.

What's the point of this weird game of mental gymnastics where they dangle the idea of it being free in front of your face but then make the process of acquiring this free product incredibly hard and long-winded to the point where they have to offer a fee to skip it?

You only do that if you're sucking on Satan's pipe like Activision does. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

After that pesky Adventure mode, I can finally enjoy the game and unlock everyth--

> microtransactions

Fuck. It's already hard for me to unlock characters, skins, vehicles and other stuff via the pit shop, now they are tempting me to use real money to buy them. Seriously though, a little help, what's the fastest way to unlock that content and gain wumpa coins? Playing online? Without spending more money I mean.

Playing online during Wumpa time. (A period each day where the Online coins multiply.) It's especially useful during the weekend where they add an additional x2 multiplier.

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, CC14 of Doom said:

Playing online during Wumpa time. (A period each day where the Online coins multiply.) It's especially useful during the weekend where they add an additional x2 multiplier.

This.

Although the way the Wumpa Bonus Time system works currently is that first 30 minutes you play online every day (and every minute is counted for time spent racing on the track and not in the lobby) is you’ll get x5 the amount of coins. This can be whenever you want and playtime doesn’t have to be all in one go either.

So realistically you can spend an hour playing CTR online a day and be reaping in 5 times what you’d get for playing offline.

Additionally, throughout the weekend (which is classed from Friday until Monday morning) it is constantly x2 the amount of coins.

But rather excellently the 5x multiplier bonus for the first hour still applies on top of this too. So you could be earning a good 300 - 500 coins per race at the weekend for your first hour of play.

I got over 700 coins just for coming first on Tiny Stadium the other day. But ultimately it means even if you are completely trashed online by better players the reward the racing is much better than offline and is more satisfying. It makes the game feel less grindy as it’s much more fun and competitive to racing the CPU.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

Yep. Playing online for some time and I'm definitely enjoying the game a lot more now, it's more rewarding this way, I'm going to stick around for the new Grand Prix and play some more of the (infamous) Adventure mode to unlock more skins and I'll try to get that Fake Crash.

Oh woe is life they added an option to buy things instead of grinding like we all ha e been doing since launch but now that therea a option to simply buy what I want grrr hiss.

But in seriousness I don't mind I'd honestly rather just buy what i want instead of grind my night away after work and school.

Also I'm not defending MTs for those that hate them. I'm just more in the boat of long as rates don't change I'm fine. I earned all the nitro girls from matches online that same day they were out but this options helpful for my hectic life

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Conando said:

Oh hey, look who made a video on this horseshit.

"Activision can shove its wumpa coins up its ass and fuck itself while its doing it."

I agree.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

So to those upset tell me why. I plan to do a video and would like to know why as the games not changing coin rates or character rates and for the huge fact it's optional.  I'm not making fun of anyone griping I just need both sides of a coin to go off of

It makes me angry because I’m from the era where grind was saved for RPGs, not every goddamn multiplayer game just so they can shove MTXs into them. I’m also mad because, as someone who HAS mental health problems, and did fall for this shit for a time, I fully know how disgusting and manipulative MTXs are. They can literally ruin people’s lives.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So to those upset tell me why. I plan to do a video and would like to know why as the games not changing coin rates or character rates and for the huge fact it's optional.  I'm not making fun of anyone griping I just need both sides of a coin to go off of

It’s not optional. You didn’t get the choice to have the gameplay experience weakened and forced grinding added in order to incentivise monetisation. The game itself was badly affected, balanced and designed to fit these micro transactions in from the beginning and force tedious grinding to make the micro transactions more appealing.  Players didn’t get an option to buy a version of this game that hasn’t been badly balanced around tedious grinding, so no, it isn’t optional. What’s optional is your choice to give them what they want, but you didn’t get the choice of a non-gimped version of this game.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

7 minutes ago, Conando said:

It makes me angry because I’m from the era where grind was saved for RPGs, not every goddamn multiplayer game just so they can shove MTXs into them. I’m also mad because, as someone who HAS mental health problems, and did fall for this shit for a time, I fully know how disgusting and manipulative MTXs are. They can literally ruin people’s lives.

Understandable.  I myself am older than most here back when you got extra stuff from KI by beating say hard mode but then my question sterns to what caused this change.  Acti is far from the only one doing it.  What made mtxs to begin with in games this gen?

Presumably shareholders. It’s not about making some of the money now, it’s about making all the money.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It’s not optional. You didn’t get the choice to have the gameplay experience weakened and forced grinding added in order to incentivise monetisation. The game itself was badly affected, balanced and designed to fit these micro transactions in from the beginning and force tedious grinding to make the micro transactions more appealing.  Players didn’t get an option to buy a version of this game that hasn’t been badly balanced around tedious grinding, so no, it isn’t optional. What’s optional is your choice to give them what they want, but you didn’t get the choice of a non-gimped version of this game.

Then let me ask this as I want a full scope would you be upset if this option was never added but coin rates and gp grind stayed exactly the same? Basically I'm just getting a full map before I get off work

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Oh woe is life they added an option to buy things instead of grinding like we all ha e been doing since launch but now that therea a option to simply buy what I want grrr hiss.

Alright, I've about had it with this attitude of yours, so I'm gonna give you one last fucking chance to shape up. This is your final warning I will give you on this entire forum, so next time I see you act antagonistic and immature like this anywhere else, you are getting a strike and a suspension. And if you think about responding to me, as you tend to, think carefully about what you say because this includes responses to this warning.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1

7 minutes ago, Conando said:

Presumably shareholders. It’s not about making some of the money now, it’s about making all the money.

This clip rings so true

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Alright, I've about had it with this attitude of yours, so I'm gonna give you one last fucking chance to shape up. This is your final warning I will give you on this entire forum, so next time I see you act antagonistic and immature like this anywhere else, you are getting a strike and a suspension. And if you think about responding to me, as you tend to, think carefully about what you say because this includes responses to this warning.

I sent a email to the contact email below. I'm not going to try and argue or anything

29 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Then let me ask this as I want a full scope would you be upset if this option was never added but coin rates and gp grind stayed exactly the same? Basically I'm just getting a full map before I get off work

No, because that would be completely missing the point, the micro transactions are the reason the coin rate and GP grind is so bad as it stands. They were built to be a tedious grind so people will get annoyed and pick the easier option of paying cash to skip it. 

So no, because the system that’s already a bad effect on the game would still be in effect because said system was designed to incentivise micro transactions while making the game as a whole worse as a result. The terrible coin and nitro grind shouldn’t be a thing period because they only exist to drive up sales of micro transactions.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

No, because that would be completely missing the point, the micro transactions are the reason the coin rate and GP grind is so bad as it stands. They were built to be a tedious grind so people will get annoyed and pick the easier option of paying cash to skip it. 

So no, because the system that’s already a bad effect on the game would still be in effect because said system was designed to incentivise micro transactions while making the game as a whole worse as a result. The terrible coin and nitro grind shouldn’t be a thing period because they only exist to drive up sales of micro transactions.

Got it. Last thing. Do you see them keeping this in going forward or think their testing the waters?

I've seen a lot of games do this with 'free DLC' and it's quite funny.

All the DLC is technically free, but it takes ages to grind for it. Or of course, you can spend money to get it! Halo 5 had a particularly atrocious version of this, because the 'free' DLC was attained through micro-transactions, but the new vehicles and weapons required literally well over 500 hours of play to attain without busting through loot boxes.

If this is the 'free' DLC on offer in games, I'll be honest, I'd rather just pay £15 for a season pass.

29 minutes ago, Plasme said:

I've seen a lot of games do this with 'free DLC' and it's quite funny.

All the DLC is technically free, but it takes ages to grind for it. Or of course, you can spend money to get it! Halo 5 had a particularly atrocious version of this, because the 'free' DLC was attained through micro-transactions, but the new vehicles and weapons required literally well over 500 hours of play to attain without busting through loot boxes.

If this is the 'free' DLC on offer in games, I'll be honest, I'd rather just pay £15 for a season pass.

They make more from non season passes I think?

Think like this you could make a $20 SP with say 3 characters 7 skins

Or makes 4 characters at 3 dollars each and 12 skins each a dollar

Honestly it is a twisted way to garner more money.  Maybe when I get my MBA in 3 months I can make better videos on how corporations find new ways to get gamers money like this

Had some Internet and for a brief period not too long ago power issues today, so I couldn't do what I initially planned. In the meantime, I decided to install this game and learned that you don't need a connection in order to do so. Still haven't played though.

I've finally managed to beat Oxide's time-trial in Crash Cove!!!

Took a break from the time-trials for a few days. Just now I decided to have another ago at Crash Cove and after a few attempts I beat it. My attempt:

The reason why I found this one so difficult is because Oxide is very fast on the final lap. In order to beat him you need to get the "super red-boost" from the the two boost-pads at the end of the second lap and keep it for the entire final lap, which I managed to do. This is the only time I've ever manged to retain the the super red-boost throughout the final lap. 

Still need to beat Dragon Mines & Tiny Temple. For Dragon Mines it's the same problem. There is a boost-pad just before the end of the lap. If I can generate the super red-boost and keep it for at least half a lap then that should be enough to beat Oxide. Again, easier said then done. 

• Fist Bump 2

On 7/31/2019 at 7:43 AM, Son-icka said:

It makes the game feel less grindy as it’s much more fun and competitive to racing the CPU

That's debatable, given how unstable online can be. And that's on top of the physics, invisible walls and other issues that Activision/Beenox prioritized microtransactions over fixing. 

It doesn't help that you can lose your place because of bad online, and thus, lose out on wumpa coins. 

The worst thing is how now, online is basically forced to get a semblance of any good coin amounts in a reasonable amount of time.

The monotony of forced online play is a problem.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, Meta77 said:

Got it. Last thing. Do you see them keeping this in going forward or think their testing the waters?

Anyone who knows Activision can tell you this: they've done this so many times before, that there's no way they're just "testing" stuff out.