Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

Unless this exclusive kart costs more than the one from last GP (Le Chaux, which was 4500), this bundle should've actually be: 8000 (4500 kart set, 750 paintjob, 250 decal, 2500 skin). Perhaps the fact that it's the only hovercraft besides Oxide's, they raised the price? 

So, the bastards either removed the 2X weekend bonus or changed the time it starts-ends. Previously the weekend time would start on thursday and end on saturday. Perhaps it starts on friday and ends sunday now? 

Downloaded the update and started on the next GP this morning. Was incredibly surprised to unlock the Champion Kart. I'm not good enough to unlock Tropy, but I'm apparently fantastic at putting in enough time to reach the Top 5%. 😂

Aside from that, I finished one or two of the Pro Challenges, unlocked the first two GP rewards, and purchased the Baby Coco bundle. (I like that the regular old unlockable skins for the Babies have a multiplier. Made it real easy to build a big one fast.)

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

So, the bastards either removed the 2X weekend bonus or changed the time it starts-ends. Previously the weekend time would start on thursday and end on saturday. Perhaps it starts on friday and ends sunday now? 

Jumped into an online match this morning and got the bonus, so it's definitely not gone.

So, this just in. Weekend bonuses received quite a nerf.

So much for the abundance of "options" as defenders of the microtransactions had put it.

9 minutes ago, CC14 of Doom said:

Jumped into an online match this morning and got the bonus, so it's definitely not gone.

Which bonus? Did you get both of them?

Yeah, apparently the weekend time changes from time zone to time zone. False alarm. I admittedly assumed that because I can't test it myself right now, I'm at work, but as usual I saw folks overreacting on Reddit and though it was gone forever. It was working yesterday night tho', as I got the huge bonus for winning online on Electron Avenue (5x wumpa hour + 2x weekend).

30 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:
Which bonus? Did you get both of them?

The weekend x2. Usually the daily bonus doesn't start for me until the evening.

• Too Many Rings 1

Yeah, unless something has changed since I last played on the tickover to the weekend (Friday 1am in my neck of the woods in the UK) I still got the x2 and x5 multiples. 

Will investigate when I get back and check. 

Also... that pack for over 9000 coins??? I don’t even think the Nitro Girls sold for that - saying that those packs in the last GP were either a character/skin/paint/decal or Kart/wheels/paint/decal. 

This is a skin AND kart with a paint/decal. I’d agree that the nature of the anti-g feature is what makes it super expensive as it’s an elusive superficial feature like Oxides ride. Still overpriced though.

Nevermind - it will be available separately eventually if I can’t purchase it straight away. Won’t stop me tryin’ though!

also interesting that N-Trance has a Nitro percenter. Maybe that’s an indication that it was an issue for some people then to try an nab him. 

I've beaten N. Trophy's time-trial in Prehistoric Playground. Oxide's time is 20 seconds faster, lol. I then played my first online race of Phestroic Playground and won...LIKE A BOSS :D

Also unlocked Baby Coco and N. Trance (both have excellent acceleration states - my favorite types).

Also got my champions kart for finishing within 5%.

I’ve got the new decal unlocked despite the fact it’s only for those in the top 5%.

fucking lol

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I’ve got the new decal unlocked despite the fact it’s only for those in the top 5%.

fucking lol

When you say new decal are you referring to the Back N. Time champion Kart one?

Lol. I'm convinced another team was working on the online segment of the game. How could they get the core gameplay down so well, add more fan service than ever before seen in a Crash game and make great new tracks yet screw up the online gameplay?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

They still haven't fixed the problem of the oversaturation of clocks.

Or the invisible walls. Or the invisible beakers. Wonky missiles. Oversaturation of warp orbs. Unlimited hitboxes allowing you to get hit CONSTANTLY. Dropping in and out like mad. Places after races getting shifted around. Unbalanced items in general. The list goes on.

• Absolutely 1

19 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Lol. I'm convinced another team was working on the online segment of the game. How could they get the core gameplay down so well, add more fan service than ever before seen in a Crash game and make great new tracks yet screw up the online gameplay?

Perhaps that's exactly what is happening? Who knows... Well, save for the abundance of clocks and warp balls, I almost never ran into any issue, just a bit of lag, which is normal in online games. Not saying the issues don't exist before anyone quotes me.

Changing the subject but still talking about the GP patch: people are reporting that they fixed Sewer Speedway as a whole now (shortcut and vertical momentum on pipes).

22 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

When you say new decal are you referring to the Back N. Time champion Kart one?

Yes.

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

fucking lol

EA-7hozXkAAJMee?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah...what are we working towards if we make the top 5% this time?

The right to keep it afterwards?

Also, I like how the tournament shows I did some challenges before it started but doesn't add the Nitro from it...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

On 7/31/2019 at 3:39 PM, Plasme said:

If this is the 'free' DLC on offer in games, I'll be honest, I'd rather just pay £15 for a season pass.

Unfortunately for us, Activision want what makes them all the money they can get. A season pass requires more effort to entice people to buy them.

With microtransactions,  it just takes a few wallet whales.

8 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

EA-7hozXkAAJMee?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah...what are we working towards if we make the top 5% this time?

The right to keep it afterwards?

Also, I like how the tournament shows I did some challenges before it started but doesn't add the Nitro from it...

Yep. I lost my window shopping challenge because I checked the pit stop last night.

...and I've already reached Silver Tier and unlocked Baby T. Just need to unlock Baby Crash and then I'll have all the new characters.

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I was no-where near being in the top 5%.

But thanks for the Champions Kart, Mods, and a Back in a time Decal Beenox haha. 

Also, Wumpa time is still completely active. Rejoice. Won’t take long to unlock that stuff. 

• Fist Bump 1

So, weirdly enough, Tawna's paint job is apparently made available finally within this grand prix. 

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

So, weirdly enough, Tawna's paint job is apparently made available finally within this grand prix. 

Which one?

I found the "Iridescent Blue" Paint Job works really well with her Motorsport Skin.

4 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Which one?

I found the "Iridescent Blue" Paint Job works really well with her Motorsport Skin.

It's called "Tawna Pink" apparently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so people are getting the Champion Kart and decal from last GP despite not finishing within the top 5% and also got the decal from this GP.

How long untill they realise it was their mistake and take it away from these people? Now that would be the ultimate douchebaggery. I hope they see this was 100% their fault and don't take it from people who are enjoying it.

• Thumbs Up 3