Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

1 minute ago, Jango said:

Mandatory CJ meme, then?

Yes please.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Also, it’s a fucking tease that they didn’t show what Dark Coco will look like, I’m very eager to find out if we’ll get cut Twinsanity stuff.

Well, haven't seen any clear photos of her yet, but she's definitely Evil Coco from Twinsanity. That much, I can tell from what I've seen.

Also,  speaking of cut stuff, while the track isn't Going CoCo, it is of a similar background, considering it takes place in someone's mind (this time being Nina's).

Also, we got Evil Crash as a shadow and a sticker. And a few Amberly portraits. One even including younger Cortex, N. Gin and Brio, along with Victor and Moritz.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Yes please.

Well, haven't seen any clear photos of her yet, but she's definitely Evil Coco from Twinsanity. That much, I can tell from what I've seen.

Also,  speaking of cut stuff, while the track isn't Going CoCo, it is of a similar background, considering it takes place in someone's mind (this time being Nina's).

Also, we got Evil Crash as a shadow and a sticker. And a few Amberly portraits. One even including younger Cortex, N. Gin and Brio, along with Victor and Moritz.

Whoa I saw Amberly, but where are the Twins? In the same building? It's crazy the amount of fan service this game has.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Yes please.

Can't post the gif right now :(

Buuuut.... We got Dark Coco and she isn't exactly what you've been expecting:

It's not even close xD

Oh well, at least Kiss Oxide is a reality. Didn't knew they did intergalactic concerts hahaha

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

Buuuut.... We got Dark Coco and she isn't exactly what you've been expecting:

You mean I wasn't expecting them to go lazy with her? Ah, don't you worry. I had my expectations in check. It's a pre-requisite these days.

rT5maFp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The color scheme is right thankfully, but I need to see this skin in action first before completely judging it. Could be better than it appears.

At the very least, they're acknowledging the cut character and content (not that it excuses laziness), so there does remain hope for that Twinsanity remake.

18 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Whoa I saw Amberly, but where are the Twins? In the same building? It's crazy the amount of fan service this game has.

In this photo

znx0k12pj5q31.png

Also, how cute that Nina's photo is taped alongside her Dad- I mean Uncle.

Lmao they kept Cortex having a beard as a kid from Baby Cortex. 

Oh no now N.Gin's super adorable, there's too much adorable in CTR. 

Also Moe looks so fab!

I did say that CTR's take on a dark Coco would need to be different owing to Coco being younger here. 

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

spacer.png

No Evil Crash either.

Booooooo

Well, we got the real Evil CoCo at least. How wierd that she shows up before her brother officially.

3 minutes ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

I did say that CTR's take on a dark Coco would need to be different owing to Coco being younger here. 

Yeah, I'm not too surprised by the changes.

Oh boy I can now choose Liz as a speed class I'm so going to call everyone a armadillo as I fly past them!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

spacer.png

No Evil Crash either.

Booooooo

This skin looks positively disgusting and I absolutely love it. It's so riddiculous xD Well, at least it's a Fake Crash skin instead of Crash himself. Him and Tiny have been getting a special treatment when it comes to legendary skins. Meanwhile Geary and Nash have the total of 0 legendary skins xD

I'm curious for that ghost hunting challenge BTW. 

I ain't gonna let it get to me.

Wow. This is some serious upgrades. New classes?... engines swaps...? All the stuff that’s been discussed over the past three months has actually been taken on board. Good on Beenox as ever, I’ll take what they dish. This is real excellent stuff. 

The biggest takeaway has to be that they have finally expanded Wumpa-time to Offline modes now. That was one of my biggest drawbacks before I went and purchased a subscription. I imagine based on the provided information it will be simply x2 for the week and x4 for the weekend at a guess - there has to be some incentive for online play after all. But this is now at least less scummy for those without an online wallet to grind fairly.

Also. BRIIIOO!!!!! Yeah!!!! Literally everything they’ve have included in this tour for unloackables looks wicked.

So, I’ve given the latest track and engine a go and it’s...alright - perhaps I need more time but certainly not feeling it. The Drift Engine is perfectly functional but I won’t be switching from Speed anytime soon.

Nina’s Nightmare is a Touch longer than Spyro Circuit but just not as charming, fun or interesting sadly. The best part was the Mansion section which lasts all of 5 seconds.. I think I would have rather had this as an entire track (people keep mentioning Nina’s academy or something? A shame that wasn’t capitalised on here). 

Otherwise I’m very pleased. I expect next month it will be an excellent course with passable characters and skins. That seems to be the the approach/effort on each GP with no real balance between the two sides. Nothing wrong with that though, it’s still free bonus content they didn’t have to provide.

Also: 

I’m pleased to report I don’t even need to take part in the GP this season. XD

No no. Nothings unlocked or sent to me in error this time. But I do wonder what will happen at the weekend if the below isn’t rectified haha! 

C12AED45-7F07-4866-BBF0-E0D3FA19E560.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'm curious for that ghost hunting challenge BTW

Ah, you must be referring to this:

CTR-GP4-01.jpg

The Hunt is On

This season introduces a host of new rewards that can be earned by completing challenges, earning Nitro, and filling your Nitro Gauge throughout the season.  There’s a special new challenge type this season – track down some spooky spirits with Ghost Hunt! For the duration of this Grand Prix, breaking certain crates will release a mischievous ghost that was trapped inside. Catch up to the ghost to capture it and complete Grand Prix challenges. The more of these crates you break, the more ghosts will be flying around and the more challenges you can complete! As a note, you will only be able to see the ghosts you have released, and these spectral beings won’t get in the way of your racing. They are there to be captured if you dare!     

Well... it’s something new and inspired at least, which is more than can be said for the last lot of challenges. 

I hope “wrong way round” actually involves reverse races for certain tracks. But I won’t hold out too much considering the relay race challenges were quite deceiving titles XD 

Jesus, the inside of the mansion segment has some terribly tight turns followed by a super tight mad corridor. If you thought the Spyro track was narrow, get ready for a shit show online xD It barely fits 3 karts. Visually the track is great, but the level design on that part is kinda balls.

The best tip for the corridor I've found thus far is learning the U-Turn:

Pulling off at least one U-Turn inside of the mansion, specifically the first turn allows you to hold blue fire for a portion of time, and if you're really good, you could likely use it to hold blue flame for the majority of the course given the abundance of boost pads present. 

Having gotten a better look at Dark Coco, I'm pleased to announce that she has varying enough differences to warrant a skin.

First off, thankfully, she has a different outfit from default Coco. I've noticed that she wears a black Gothic shirt with a skirt. And believe it or not, she has the boots and fishnets......with a bit of a catch. See, she's wearing pants underneath the fishnet stockings, oddly enough. She also has a ribbon instead of a flower on her head.

Finally, notably, she seems to have sharp teeth showing by default unlike regular Coco.

Her changes making her more dressed appropriately for her age make sense, and her looking somewhat familiar to regular Coco make sense since she is an alternate dimension version of the original.

SO, pretty much what I was expecting and hoping for @Jango.

We finally got the REAL Evil Coco. XD

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Not gonna lie, the Werewolf Tiny skin is my favourite of the bunch. if only for the fact it's a total play on Teen Wolf and that is so goddamn charming.

Also, give us the Evil Twins as characters. Make them like a duo character, maybe with one controlling the steering, while the other is handling the pedals, or throwing items or something?

Look alive folks, we've got ourselves a new datamine leak, courtesy of BetaM. And boy oh boy, Season 5 is looking quite lively with the content.

Spoiler

et256xet77q31.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

What the absolute fuck, they got rid of the Nitro Fuel Up two days before the next grand prix.

I'm absolutely livid right now, I was grinding coins to finish off the bar and get MoM Crunch. I had 6k coins to get and I was sitting on 5,600 coins. What an absolute load of bullshit.

Oh fuck right off Beenox. If you're going to take it down because of a visual glitch, at least extend the time to use the fuel up and fix it, don't make people wait til later to get them, especially at an inflated price. 

I am so utterly pissed about this.

• Absolutely 1

40 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Look alive folks, we've got ourselves a new datamine leak, courtesy of BetaM. And boy oh boy, Season 5 is looking quite lively with the content.

Hide contents

et256xet77q31.jpg

A new mode? Interesting.

Also, King Paul III, as in, King Poultry. Ha. Clever. And cool, skins for the Nitro Gals and wow, Nash?!

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

I am so utterly pissed about this.

You may get a bit more pissed off when you hear about that Wumpa time offline deal. It's looking like it only works on non-online modes for 30 minutes and only gives players 2x.....and only on the weekends apparently too.

• Absolutely 2

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Hide contents

et256xet77q31.jpg

Spoiler

Hell yeah Pasadena and Koala Kong. I'm hyped, I wanna see how they redesign Pasadena.

Hm... Maybe Willie Wumpa Cheeks and Rilla Roo for December?