Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

Saw an online player (not AI) using Moe, I assume through one of the exploits I heard about months back.

I love his victory animation.

I have to admit, when you actually see her out of the Kart, it looks a lot better, and the Twinsanity inspired design elements are more visible. 

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

You may get a bit more pissed off when you hear about that Wumpa time offline deal. It's looking like it only works on non-online modes for 30 minutes and only gives players 2x.....and only on the weekends apparently too.

Well, once again my (what I thought were) low expectations were still undermined if that turns out to be true. When will I learn. XD 

That Dark Coco & Victory pose is Damn perfect tho - couple that with being able to play as a speed class with my fav character of choice makes me plenty happy. 

That really sucks re: the Nitro Bar for you though  Ryan. So are they actually going to put those specific unlockables up for reward on the shop later? Not that this makes it any better.

Just now, Son-icka said:

Well, once again my (what I thought were) low expectations were still undermined if that turns out to be true. When will I learn. XD 

That Dark Coco & Victory pose is Damn perfect tho - couple that with being able to play as a speed class with my fav character of choice makes me plenty happy. 

That really sucks re: the Nitro Bar for you though  Ryan. So are they actually going to put those specific unlockables up for reward on the shop later? Not that this makes it any better.

Basically whenever they feel like it, which if we go by the current pattern with the first prix, it’ll likely be three months for a mistake they made. It baffles me that they can’t just give everyone a little time to use the fuel bar top up. Instead, they get rid of it early with literally no notice about it. If they had made it known the day before that they would be doing this, I might’ve been able to grind the remaining coins outside of Wumpa Time, but since I thought it would last til Friday, I saw no need to.

Its frustrating as hell, I really wanted MoM Crunch.

I don't know which direction they gave the new Brio VA (because that's definitely not Maurice), but I'm not feeling it:

He doesn't say or reference any of the MoM lines like we were expecting, but he also doesn't have much of the stuttering from the classic. What IS this Brio? :( The best you can make is his victory line, which is a reference to his laser in Crash 2 I guess(?).

I think my biggest takeaway was that missile that hit him at around :44, those things can barely hit my opponents in a straight line, let alone someone with USF at a slightly twisting area :P

Okay, it was spooky enough the first three times when he somehow managed to get everything from GPs in like a day or two, but how the hell did this guy manage to unlock the clearly locked GP content before the GP has even started?!

13 hours ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

Saw an online player (not AI) using Moe, I assume through one of the exploits I heard about months back.

I love his victory animation.

What's annoying is that he, Brio and especially Nina all share the Bandicoot victory theme. The heck???

12 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

I have to admit, when you actually see her out of the Kart, it looks a lot better, and the Twinsanity inspired design elements are more visible. 

Absolutely. It's a shame she couldn't retain the straight hair and red fur, but otherwise,  she's definitely a more kid-friendly and aged down Evil Coco from Twinsanity.

Makes me wonder if they'll run with this look more so in a Twinsanity remake.

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

Okay, it was spooky enough the first three times when he somehow managed to get everything from GPs in like a day or two, but how the hell did this guy manage to unlock the clearly locked GP content before the GP has even started?!

Given it's the Switch version, and the widely known exploit with original models, I'd make a guess that this guy save edited to unlock everything.

I call hacks. Haaaaacks! I've seen the new characters while playing a cup yesterday, but they all had a skin on, never the original colors.

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Given it's the Switch version, and the widely known exploit with original models, I'd make a guess that this guy save edited to unlock everything.

The exploits have only really allowed people to play them online. And even still, with them being locked,  no one else outside of hacking,  has been able to play as the other skins of yet to be unlocked characters. The animations we're seeing are from offline modes.

Also, last I checked, Prosafia runs the PS4 version.

The fact that he visibly has them unlocked for him to play as himself,  is suspicious. 

Especially with the Nitro Guage being locked.

10 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

The exploits have only really allowed people to play them online. And even still, with them being locked,  no one else outside of hacking,  has been able to play as the other skins of yet to be unlocked characters. The animations we're seeing are from offline modes.

Also, last I checked, Prosafia runs the PS4 version.

The fact that he visibly has them unlocked for him to play as himself,  is suspicious. 

Especially with the Nitro Guage being locked.

It's the Switch version, after the title screen, you can look at the icons at the bottom to see which version it is. It is impossible to use these characters legitimately as is, there was an exploit online that glitches them to be unlocked, but for them to all be unlocked right now, before the grand prix begins, and where they wouldn't even be on pit-stop rotation, the only possible answer is the save is edited to have them unlocked by default. There's no reason whatsoever why a save edit couldn't make these characters playable offline after the latest update was installed.

Pit stop now features the Grand Prix content. I got done buying everything GP-related possible, and the two remaining base game karts from the put stop about an hour ago.

Now, I just have the Nitro Guage stuff left to get.

13 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

It's the Switch version, after the title screen, you can look at the icons at the bottom to see which version it is. 

Turns out you were right.  Gotta give kudos to the Switch version looking on par with the PS4 version for one to not initially notice the differences.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:30 AM, Jango said:

Nina has her Titans VA, 

You're only half-right amigo.

If by that, you mean Debbi Derryberry from the often overlooked Titans DS version, then you'd be right.

If you thought that was Amy Gross, Nina's main VA from back  in the day, boy, do I have news for you.

Too bad they couldn't get both Nina and Brio's VA from Titans, they were good. Debi does a good Nina, at least. Tom Kenny is... Okay.

Used my wumpa coins savings to get Brio, Komodo Moe, Metalhead Oxide skin and the Skull Rider right way. Pretty awesome stuff. 

On 10/3/2019 at 3:35 AM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Basically whenever they feel like it, which if we go by the current pattern with the first prix, it’ll likely be three months for a mistake they made. It baffles me that they can’t just give everyone a little time to use the fuel bar top up. Instead, they get rid of it early with literally no notice about it. If they had made it known the day before that they would be doing this, I might’ve been able to grind the remaining coins outside of Wumpa Time, but since I thought it would last til Friday, I saw no need to.

Its frustrating as hell, I really wanted MoM Crunch.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:32 AM, Son-icka said:

Unfortunately,  not only is that true, but it seems that they're taking a "three steps forward,  one step back" approach. 

Guess what? Friday's Weekend Wumpa time got cut down even more than it already was. Now the today literally has only 4 hours left before reset.

Used to start at 1:00 PM EST. Now they've moved it to 4:00 PM EST. Tsk.

2 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

Unfortunately,  not only is that true, but it seems that they're taking a "three steps forward,  one step back" approach. 

Guess what? Friday's Weekend Wumpa time got cut down even more than it already was. Now the today literally has only 4 hours left before reset.

Used to start at 1:00 PM EST. Now they've moved it to 4:00 PM EST. Tsk.

For me, that's about an hour's worth of Wumpa Time...

On 10/3/2019 at 3:16 AM, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

Look alive folks, we've got ourselves a new datamine leak, courtesy of BetaM. And boy oh boy, Season 5 is looking quite lively with the content.

Hide contents

et256xet77q31.jpg

-season 5 will be have 4 new characters which is kinda weird , considering every season after nitro squad , introduced only 3 characters .

- I'm so excited to see how they redesigned Pasadena , the silhouette alone looks interesting to me ,   I hope they don't change it too much from original her designed .

6 hours ago, Jango said:

The Firehawk kart is DLC after all. US$4.99 it seems.

Whoooa. Definitely not. XD

Whilst I appreciate 100% (allegedly) of the proceeds will go to this charity once it reaches £1 Million and the limited time Kart is removed... £3.99 is still a freaking hell of an ask.

Really you have to either be desperate for this Kart Skin, or are genuinely interested in donating £3.99 to a charity of Activision’s choice and see this as a bonus in return.

That’s 250,626 of CTR’s players making a decision right there on that basis. If you ask me they’d get a better response from 501,253 players paying £1.99. I guess we’ll see. 

It's for a good cause, but I feel somewhat uneasy about them just cutting off the sale of the kart by a certain threshold. One other Activision game did something similar - Overwatch introduced a Pink Mercy skin for Breast Cancer. That said, there was no limit. Blizzard just put it up for a month, and then gave about 90% of proceeds to charity IIRC (it might've been 95%, I can't remember entirely). 

According to figures, that managed to raise 12.7 million dollars in support of Breast Cancer awareness, compared to the proposed million here. I don't see why it's so limited beyond trying to pressure players to get it before the skin sells out.

Uneasy is certainly the right word. It’s oddly handled and (once again) puts pressure on the player to purchase under the limited availability measure.

I’m sure the cause is a good one, but it just seems a little pricey I guess, unless you look at it as a bonus for your personal donation if you are happy to donate.

Personally, I think they’d raise this faster for less on a longer period of time than simply until a quarter of a million players have donated. I imagine the “100% of the proceeds” is the primary factor for this little wrinkle since Activision gain nothing from it.

On another topic: I’ve got to say I am really enjoying Nina’s track now I’ve put some more time into it! I still think it could still be a bit longer (extend the mansion section dammit!) but the traps and hazards become apparent on later laps certainly make it more interesting to race on.

I also really like the spectral ghost challenge that has been added, I didn’t realise this was for every track and thought this was exclusive to Nina’s Night Ride! Sweet! Add just an extra layer to this GP to give it some extra identity.

I figure the Datamined Ring Race mode or whatever that is will basically be a similar kind of added extra for Season 5. Considering the Big Top Circus Theme is the Next GP - having rings littered around the tracks to drive or jump through as a feature makes sense.

Personally, I think what's pretty bad is the fact they're fundrasing in general. It's a good cause, and especially for the Overwatch one, I'm happy so many donated to it, which hell, even I donated to it because it was such a good cause, but like...it's Activision. I.E, one of the richest companies on the planet. The company that laid off tons of people last year while also claiming they had their most successful financial year ever. The CEO who has a net-worth of like seven billion dollars, and keeps getting extra bonuses and whatever else.

All that to say why the hell does Activision need to send out a DLC kart when they could just donate their own money towards this cause. I frankly feel like the charity factor dies down a bit when you're one of the richest companies that exists right now, and yet instead of donating one million out of their own pocket, which let's be honest, for Activision - isn't very much - they make a DLC kart with an iffy as hell exclusivity period to give the proceeds away instead of actually just giving their own money away. I don't see the sense in it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Gotta agree completely with Ryan, I'm also one of those who find it nonsensical when a multi billionaire company ask money from people instead of donating themselves, they fucking have plenty. I see this happen a lot when a TV channel decides to make a programm to ask for donations instead of donating themselves.

Er... Are the Daily Challenges glitched for anyone? I can't complete any of them.

Edit: Scratch that, no challenge is working :(

Edited by Jango

Bugs ahoy folks. People are finding that they can't get Nitro and that they aren't getting proper coins all the time either.

Oy vey, it's always something. 

20 minutes ago, Jango said:

Gotta agree completely with Ryan, I'm also one of those who find it nonsensical a multi billionaire company ask money from their players instead of donating themselves, they fucking have plenty. I see this happen a lot when a multi billionaire TV channel decides to make a show to ask for donations instead of donating themselves.

The whole million dollar limit thing doesn't help matters either.

Like why would you want to limit how much money can go to charity anyway?