Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

I'm kind of on that sort of wary supporting view of Beenox, in that I appreciate they're being ambitious and trying to figure out how to make the game run smoother, but there's clearly trial and error occurring. So long as they fix the problems caused and actually reach their goal it's fine I suppose. On paper all the GP items being available from the get go but with top priority is better than having to check in every single day for one to appear, but only if the former approach does actually work fully.

Spooky GP and the roadmap/data mines for the future ones definitely implies Beenox is getting more and more daring with their additions to the game, trying to make it its own beast rather than being fine with a simple remake with some extras added on. If they get the hang of it, it could be a work of art by the time they're done, but there's still clearly some rough spots.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also I’m finding that the experimental matchmaking is making online play no longer enjoyable.

It’s an odd thing to say because usually it should be better to be pitted against your own rank... But this is only good when you are playing for fun. As it is, because CTR is structured with incentive goals, challenges, and limited time unlockables, it just makes the grinding that much more of a drag and stressful. 

I know this probably benefits the beginner players more, but as a seasoned (and by no means expert) player, I’m finding that I’m constantly pitted against players that far outclass myself. I’ve played to the best of my ability tonight yet found myself whooped almost every time into last place.

The only fix for this would be to have  “free for all” and “ranked” options appear when selecting Matchmaking.

Also, I’m not convinced the fix for OP weapons has been adjusted for the better. 20 seconds in and I was hit by warp orb after warp orb after warp orb followed by a time clock. Did I misunderstand what they meant about them not appearing in the first lap or something? Because it feels very much the opposite.

The only other gripe I have is that Missiles are still broken as heck. I can’t be alone in feeling that firing a missile is useless - they perfectly follow the opponent to their location but they don’t track an opponent around the course itself. so they just stupidly collide into walls. BUT when an opponent fires a missile from far off behind me it will always eventually hit me no matter what corner I turn to avoid it. What the heck?

Otherwise. Still loving it XD

I got Ragdoll Nina last Friday. Good stuff with that 25% Nitro bonus she provides.

• 2 weeks later...

So this is a glitch that people have found and are abusing. So if you see a notable name online, it may not be them, especially if they start trolling.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:21 AM, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

I got Ragdoll Nina last Friday. Good stuff with that 25% Nitro bonus she provides.

It’s just shame the Nitro bar is already filled by the time you get her making it an utterly pointless reward, unless you are pining for the leadership boards. XD

• Absolutely 1

In other news, I've finished this GP a week ago and yesterday I've managed to buy everything from it, as well as some stuff I've missed from the previous ones. For some reason, the Pit Stop is showing itens from every GP, not just Spooky and Nitro Tour. Just yesterday I got a decal I've missed from Spyro's GP. 

I probably have like, 90% of what the game has to offer adquired. Without spending a penny of real money. Althought I'm kinda tempted to buy the Firehawk kart. I won't, tho'.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is good to know! I suspect they will prioritise the oldest GP stuff until it’s been bought when it goes round the daily rotation cycle.

Then the priority of those items will simply shift each GP, so the Back N Time will likely be at the forefront with the rest behind, then Spyro at Xmas etc etc...

At least you’re don’t have to wait, but you do have to spend...

Well, thank goodness that's there to remind us of what missed opportunity there was not implementing the Academy of Evil as a track. :U

Joking aside, it would be excellently wonderful if this is hinting at either a Twinsanity GP or the long sought after Twinsanity remake.

I love Twinsanity. At some point I probably liked it more than the ND games. I basically bought a PS2 only to play Twinsanity. And while I would love a remake of this game, with all the unused content (which is PLENTY), I still have my doubts if it's in Activision's plan. Despite the popular demand, it could feel a bit "random" to remake Twinsanity before remaking Wrath of Cortex or Bash. Not that they need to remake these first, I mean... Might aswell remake every Crash game at this point hahaha But still... IDK. It could feel a bit random. Then again, it IS the most popular Crash game after the ND games, so there's sense in remaking it. It's a good and fun game.

Sure it's a rumor and I have NO idea how reliable this dude is, but... Of these 10 projects, at least one has to be a Crash game. Vicarious Visions is up to something, they've been reeeeeally quiet since the Future Tense DLC. Also, can't forget about all that leaked Crash concept art in Toys for Bob's office. We know these 2 assist each other a lot. My guess is that they're both working on a brand new Crash game together while Beenox will keep on creating new GP stuff for Nitro-Fueled untill the release of this new game, which could be launch tittle for the PS5, in December 2020, if that leak was right.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is neat:

Kinda cool to see Crash alongside other Sony/and not Sony IPs again. Makes me want a PS All-Stars sequel more than ever now.

I mean, look at the thumbnail PS Europe used:

I almost had a heart attack XD

Okay, so... This is interesting:

Noticed that weird mask following Cortex and Coco in this ad? I thought it was a mask or something from Monster Hunter since it appears before Crash...

Well...

IDK, maybe that was a hint? When it comes to Crash, I wouldn't doubt.

• Thumbs Up 2

This also came:

ccmfkmm4c3x31.png

cs5wrf1kb3x31.jpg

Despite Pasadena initially being presented as the lead GP character, turns out Koala Kong is the Nitro Bar character.

And that the track is called Koala Carnival and all that jazz 

• Thumbs Up 1

PS Blog has the full details -  

Characters are Koala Kong, Pasadena and Von Clutch, no word whatsoever on King Chicken, he’s in the image with the other new characters, but he isn’t listed among the nitro bar or pit shop items.

Nitro Squad have a new set of Ringmaster outfits, Ami’s in in the roadmap.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

no word whatsoever on King Chicken

I noticed that too.

First thing I'm doing after the update is driving to that door in Lost Ruins. King Chicken is probably an unlockable and not a Pit Stop item. He might be a boss battle (or a Cup) you access through that door. It gotta be it.

Either that or... 5 bucks to get it XD

Edit: Actually, no!

You have to collect golden eggs in Adventure mode! There's probably 5 (because the door has 5 egg-shaped holes) hidden in each hub-world!

Whilst an update on the chicken mystery would be amazing, I suspect that their actual inclusion will primarily work the same as the Ghosts from the last GP. 

I was originally hoping from the data mine that Ring Races were gunna be a thing in this GP, perhaps not for now?

Just now, Son-icka said:

Whilst an update on the chicken mystery would be amazing, I suspect that their actual inclusion will primarily work the same as the Ghosts from the last GP. 

I was originally hoping from the data mine that Ring Races were gunna be a thing in this GP, perhaps not for now?

King Chicken was shown driving in a kart, and was shown in the new character image, he is definitely a playable driver. It makes sense for him to be here now because the Circus event is the most ridiculous one so far, and you don't get more ridiculous than a playable chicken in a crown.

My guess is he's going to be someone like Penta, you've got to go out of your way to unlock him, and he'll be a hidden character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ring races are confirmed in the blog and its been stated that King Chicken is unlocked in Adventure mode by finding the golden eggs in the hub world. Also there's this: 

spacer.pngMaybe Rilla Roo is in the next GP?

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Nitro Squad have a new set of Ringmaster outfits, Ami’s in in the roadmap.

Can't say for sure if they'll all be ringmaster outfits.

Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled_2019_11-0

Megumi's already looks different enough.

33 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Ring races are confirmed in the blog and its been stated that King Chicken is unlocked in Adventure mode by finding the golden eggs in the hub world. Also there's this: 

spacer.pngMaybe Rilla Roo is in the next GP?

If the silhouette for the December Prix turnes out to be Fasty, it might as well be themed around "characters who were added in spin-offs and are quite obscure" with Rilla Roo and YaYa Panda.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazing. That’s even better than I thought. I have to admit I missed seeing the rings in the screenshots and king chicken in the kart. This is great stuff!! 

EDIT: Having read the blog I am super impressed. The fact that Ring Race is a new mode is a welcome surprise. I honestly thought they’d just appear in the same manner as the ghosts last season. 

So, really there are 4 characters this season then if King Chicken is the extra unlock - this sounds easy enough to grab if you’ve completed Adventure Mode already, but it’s also a great extra for new players.

The way they are talking about the QOL changes to the pit stop and last chance bundles only now becoming available and for “future GP’s” indicates there will very likely be more new GP seasons after Christmas. 

I’m willing to bet with the games current success that they will continue with this at least for another 6 months (to round it up to a year) before coming to stop.

EItXOIlW4AU7FBj.png

It just wouldn't be Pasadena if she wasn't staring Crash's way.

That does get me thinking though, this game officially has Crash's girlfriend, and the the girl who constantly makes a pass at him now in the same game.