Jump to content
Jango

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Recommended Posts

Hm, I just noticed that they completely changed the finishing line. There's a big stairway with a checkered carpet and a big ass trophy on top of it instead of the bleachers like an actual raceway... Not sure about this now. Also, there's the Crash 3's medieval castle far in the background (not the blue one) for no real reason. Hm. Still lovely, but not sure about the finishing line change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The higher-ups at Activision are complete dicks. But that goes for pretty much every company on this planet. Name me one big name company that treats their employees like human beings.  

EDIT:

I was thinking of this character trailers, and when they really want to add at least 5 new characters, which many people might be the case, these characters all must get their own home tracks with them, so we kinda need to add at least 4 brand new tracks, because Oxide is already confirmed to be playable and he already has his own home track in the game.

The rest of the new characters, at least how I see it, will be:

1. Spyro - with a home track based on s setting from the Reignited Trilogy. Most likely Stone Hill, since then we can have a track with a more medieval setting.

2. Tawna - with a home track based either on an Arabian or Egyptian setting. I think it could fit her, plus it would be nice to have at least one track based on a more oriental like setting.

3. Koala Kong - with a home track based on... well, here it is kinda hard to find something new. We already have two tracks with a mine and a lava theme. We kinda need to come up with something new for him. After all, both Komodo Joe and Pinstripe got a track with a theme in CTR which were never associated with them before. For Koala Kong I can see them given him a home track based on Indiana Jones-like ruins.

4. N. Brio - his home track is also kinda tricky since N. Gin already covers the mad scientist lab theme and the toxic waste theme.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True... I always thought N. Trophy had his own theme track. Okay, then the possible new characters do not need to have their own home track. Except for Spyro. He really needs one.

In that case, I personally would love to see some tracks base don the themes from Warped. I'm actually surprised, that they had none of them in the game. Stone Age, Egyptian, Orient, China etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is kinda surprising thinking about it, since the rest of the game was more bent around promoting Warped. 

I'm guessing it was because the game is supposed to be set on N.Sanity Island and not through time, so they went with locales you'd feasibly find there. And they have a point when my first observation of Dingo Canyon was "Wait, did Dingodile drag real estate through time with him?" since that's chosen to co-op the motorcycle theme.

That being said, if Spyro gets a track, there shouldn't be such a restriction for any other track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see an N Tropy track being some cool mish mash like Velo's in CNK, just frenetic warping to different time themed backdrops. Of course something like that would have had way more technical limitations in the original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tawna is in and has a dedicated track, it has to be themed after her bonus stages in crash 1, i.e. track on tree tops with giant mushrooms here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rowl said:

The higher-ups at Activision are complete dicks. But that goes for pretty much every company on this planet. Name me one big name company that treats their employees like human beings.  

EDIT:

I was thinking of this character trailers, and when they really want to add at least 5 new characters, which many people might be the case, these characters all must get their own home tracks with them, so we kinda need to add at least 4 brand new tracks, because Oxide is already confirmed to be playable and he already has his own home track in the game.

The rest of the new characters, at least how I see it, will be:

1. Spyro - with a home track based on s setting from the Reignited Trilogy. Most likely Stone Hill, since then we can have a track with a more medieval setting.

2. Tawna - with a home track based either on an Arabian or Egyptian setting. I think it could fit her, plus it would be nice to have at least one track based on a more oriental like setting.

3. Koala Kong - with a home track based on... well, here it is kinda hard to find something new. We already have two tracks with a mine and a lava theme. We kinda need to come up with something new for him. After all, both Komodo Joe and Pinstripe got a track with a theme in CTR which were never associated with them before. For Koala Kong I can see them given him a home track based on Indiana Jones-like ruins.

4. N. Brio - his home track is also kinda tricky since N. Gin already covers the mad scientist lab theme and the toxic waste theme.  

Sony I guess? Never heard anything about Sony rushing their first party studios, they always let them work free. Coincidentally, the original CTR was published by Sony and everybody on Naughty Dog seemed to agree it was miles better working to them than... Universal. But yeah, Activision are huge assholes. Sigh. Sometimes I wish Sony could buy Crash and Spyro from Activision. 

52 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

If Tawna is in and has a dedicated track, it has to be themed after her bonus stages in crash 1, i.e. track on tree tops with giant mushrooms here and there.

Tawna Tops. Oh. Wait. Hehehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jango said:

Sigh. Sometimes I wish Sony could buy Crash and Spyro from Activision. 

Err. I think THQ Nordic would be a better company to obtain those two. Instead of the company that let them go in the first place. Sony isn't all the best themselves. Besides,  we're still waiting on that Medevil Remake which we've heard barely a peep out of. 

Also, more chances for passion, a Twinsanity remake and multi-platform releases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 6:32 PM, Jovahexeon Fitzroy said:

Err. I think THQ Nordic would be a better company to obtain those two. Instead of the company that let them go in the first place. Sony isn't all the best themselves. Besides,  we're still waiting on that Medevil Remake which we've heard barely a peep out of. 

Also, more chances for passion, a Twinsanity remake and multi-platform releases. 

Sony never let the two go. Universal had the rights to both Crash Bandicoot and Spyro from Day 1, and Naughty Dog/Insomniac both worked under them. That's how their studios grew together so strongly, they worked next to each other in Universal's studio.

Naughty Dog later got sick of Universal's shit, especially with Universal's multiple attempts to cut Naughty Dog's credit from the creation of Crash - right to removing their company name at E3 for the original marketing push of Crash 1 and they eventually left, with intents ironically of bombing the series with Team Racing, their own specific words being that an alien in Crash Bandicoot would be jumping the shark and cause people to lose faith in the series. Insomniac just moved on feeling they exhausted what they could do with Spyro, which led to them creating Jak and Ratchet retrospectively.

Universal then proceeded to bomb both series by giving rushed development periods, bad focuses, eventually Universal's game branch became Vivendi Games - who was then bought up by Activision, automatically transferring the rights of both to them. 

Sony couldn't have let them go because they were never theirs to own in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Motwera said:

New Screenshot for Coco Park

 

 

I like the colors, but I just don't understand the need to add a fairy tale castle in the BG. Or the statues. If anything, the statues should be in hologram form, since Coco is more of a tech gal, not princess gal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is ths problem with remakes though. Low poly is always ambiguous, especially in backgrounds. In a way I think that's part of the charm.

When adding details to something like Coco Park, you are always going to have to embellish and you are almost certainly going to offend someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this is a bit weird but kinda cool. If you preorder the game from GameStop, you will be able to get a Dashboard Bobble ft. Crash wearing a green skirt for some reason...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.