Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

Here's the official Winter Grand Prix intro video finally in english!

Spoiler

Welp, the BetaM datamine for Rustland GP is in. And needless to say, Geary fans are having quite the uproar.

Also, they seriously are adding freaking

Spoiler

Mega-Mix

of all characters. Though he may be the only new character we get this next GP.

Spoiler

Mega-Mix isn't that surprising, considering they come directly from VV's first game. I know Beenox is in charge of CTR instead of VV, but I could still see them adding Mega-Mix in honour of them.

1576164924047.jpg

So, apparently it's possible to buy Nitro bar items in the put stop now. Wut.

31 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mega-Mix isn't that surprising, considering they come directly from VV's first game. I know Beenox is in charge of CTR instead of VV, but I could still see them adding Mega-Mix in honour of them.

Notice, he also gets a legendary skin before Geary.

Just now, StratusAsterion said:

hmmmm

Hide contents

new mask power up, very hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm given that Playstation commercial

Also RIP Geary

Ah, snap. Here we go. Something tells me Nitro-Fueled will be one of the ways they'll use to advertise the new game.

Or Beenox simply felt like creating a new mask and that's it :V

Nah, why would they create a new mask just because of a GP? Makes no sense, we already have 3 freaking masks...

Also, Megamix? This I don't want xD

WhoAmI character? OK, they're fucking with us, those smelly beautiful devs haha

The new game is rumored to have masks that give special abilities so it would make sense to have a new mask power up in CTR that does the same.

Ok. So good news is the stickers FINALLY add to the overall percentage on the Nitro Gauge At last so 75% is achievable now.

New Track is also pretty tight... a bit too tight with sharp turns but I’ll learn it. 

Also, I’m not sure if it’s just me... but they seem to have added a few bells and whistles in certain places. Kart models for example seem to have added textures and details that weren’t there before the recent update. Game just seems a tad prettier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Son-icka said:

Also, I’m not sure if it’s just me... but they seem to have added a few bells and whistles in certain places. Kart models for example seem to have added textures and details that weren’t there before the recent update. Game just seems a tad prettier.

I've thought I was seeing things. It does looks crispier in some areas.

I did a time trial run on the new track and I do thought it was a bit tight, put pretty well designed once you learn it. It's better than Spyro Circuit and Koala Carnival IMO.

Also, holy shit, the warp ball is super sonic fast now!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Here's the official Winter Grand Prix intro video finally in english!

Winter Grand Prix eh? Huh, might've been a neat time to start playing if I ever played online.

Who's the moose, btw?

5 hours ago, StratusAsterion said:

hmmmm

Hide contents

new mask power up, very hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm given that Playstation commercial

Also RIP Geary

Who's Geary?

1 hour ago, mayday2592 said:

The new game is rumored to have masks that give special abilities so it would make sense to have a new mask power up in CTR that does the same.

Oh, there's a new Crash game coming?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Oh, there's a new Crash game coming?

Yes, could be officialy announced tonight in a about an hour and a half. Come watch the stream with us!

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Who's the moose, btw?

A new original character based off of a creation of Bob Rafei.

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Who's Geary?

2nd most popular boss from Crash Nitro Kartx after Nash.

17 minutes ago, Jango said:

Yes, could be officialy announced tonight in a about an hour and a half. Come watch the stream with us!

Eh, through a link maybe. Not really one for much social media or Dracoequus sites. 

16 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

2nd most popular boss from Crash Nitro Kartx after Nash.

Oh, the camp neat freak robot!

I would've thought he'd already have been in.

43 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I would've thought he'd already have been in.

He is in. He was in the base roster of this game. It's just that he's the only base game character without a legendary skin. 

Much to his fans' chagrin.

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

He is in. He was in the base roster of this game. It's just that he's the only base game character without a legendary skin. 

Much to his fans' chagrin.

Oooh, okay. Which is funny, considering how comparatively naked/generic he was compared to the other Nitro characters.

So after updates, installations, and updates, my One finally allowed me to play Crash a few hours ago while Attack on Titan 2...updates.

Played a number of single races with my little nephew on Crash Beach, Coco Park, and Tiger Temple. While neither of us came in first, the second was notable in how the other racers were consistently half the track ahead of us despite numerous replays and not really being hindered by anything. Come to find out(thanks to him pressing start before I did, somehow not logging in under a profile and having to be guided through allowing up to race), he had toggled hard difficulty by complete happenstance.

So then I decided to go to story mode after not being able to find a tutorial mode. After playing Crash Beach as Crash and Cortex four times each, I managed to come in first and get the first trophy and skin(Green Cortex). And then Uka Uka pops up with, "Say, did you know you boost off a hard turn just by tapping the drift." Not, I didn't despite numerous attempts to do so. Then I played Roo Pipes or whatever two times before quitting the game in 6th place, getting worst at actually doing the damn thing as I did. 

Yeah, wasn't exactly a fun time. This game doesn't exactly play like mascot racers typically do and yet it does...? 

Beenox expects everyone to know the advanced tech, despite the original not demanding that at all. I’d honestly say it’s a terrible choice for people that just want to pick up and play.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Its a more skill based racer than Mario Kart, which adds to the appeal honestly. The former relies too much on items and chance which brings down the experience imo.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Conando Claus said:

Beenox expects everyone to know the advanced tech, despite the original not demanding that at all. I’d honestly say it’s a terrible choice for people that just want to pick up and play.

Yeah, I obviously wanted to play the other game first(though the date of purchase seemed to imply I bought it first anyway :confused:), but Crash was the easier update and choice for entertaining a tot. 

I didn't help that it doesn't drift at all how you'd expect it too.  If anything, it makes sense to not do that around corners. 

44 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Its a more skill based racer than Mario Kart, which adds to the appeal honestly. The former relies too much on items and chance ehuch Briggs down the experience imo.

Sounds like Olivier's kinda game. 

8 hours ago, Conando Claus said:

Except no. He admitted he was playing on hard mode. Hard mode is bananas, for that you really need to master the game and also have a lucky start.

Easy and normal are fairly doable. My GF never touched a videogame in her life and she wins on easy without even drifiting. The only difficulty setting that's vastly different from the original is hard.

Also, the drift boost isn't an advanced tech, you can beat the whole game with it.

On 12/12/2019 at 6:30 PM, Jango said:

Well, this unfortunately aged badly. 

On the plus side, at least the game won the award that it deserves. Thank god Fifa didn't win.

Crash winning a GOTY is surreal. And for a remake, no less. 

Well fucking deserved tho'. I was baffled TSR wasn't even nominated, it was arguibly more innovative than Crash in terms of gameplay. But since Crash does the basic so well and has 8 times more content than TSR, it was only logical. I guess they didn't wanted to have two mascot racers in the same category.

40 minutes ago, Jango said:

Crash winning a GOTY is surreal. And for a remake, no less. 

Well fucking deserved tho'. I was baffled TSR wasn't even nominated, it was arguibly more innovative than Crash in terms of gameplay. But since Crash does the basic so well and has 8 times more content than TSR, it was only logical. I guess they didn't wanted to have two mascot racers in the same category.

TSR wasn’t nominated because it was a budget release mixed in with the fact it was a general racing/sports category. If it was just racing, TSR almost definitely would’ve gotten nominated, but with the sports category, the racing choices were limited, and CTR is more relevant, higher budget, and has been consistently provided more content, it isn’t that surprising.