Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

Damn! Megamix actually.... Looks kinda awesome?! The level looks insane, not gonna lie. Here's the trailer:

Heads up, at 0:23 you can spot Cortex using a new mask! Looks a lot like Uka-Uka but as in Crash of the Titans (!!)

• Thumbs Up 1

1579105150565.png

Huh. So apparently,  now Chick and Stew have new costumes as well, in addition to.....sharing the same Kart now?

33 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

I didn't even make the connection between Rustland and Rusty Walrus lmao

They even referenced showing him still stuck in one of the battle ship's walls from Twinsanity. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Haha! It certainly looks that way from the angle at least. I think he is actually driving a Kart that’s obscured from view.

...unless the Tag Team aspect really is being brought in as a new gameplay type, even if just superficially? 

Is there actually just one character this time then with lots of (expensive) skins to make up for it? ...or have I missed something?

10 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Haha! It certainly looks that way from the angle at least. I think he is actually driving a Kart that’s obscured from view.

That wouldn't address him standing up though. Since he has no such prior animations. Also, there's only one set of spoilers,  which means it's just the one Kart there.

Especially given they're in line with the angle that Chick is sitting at.

13 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Is there actually just one character this time then with lots of (expensive) skins to make up for it? 

Seems to be the case so far.

54 minutes ago, Jango said:

Damn! Megamix actually.... Looks kinda awesome?! The level looks insane, not gonna lie. Here's the trailer:

Heads up, at 0:23 you can spot Cortex using a new mask! Looks a lot like Uka-Uka but as in Crash of the Titans (!!)

Anyone else notice new mid-racing animations for skins? Special notice goes to Tiny now rocking a guitar at 0:09.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Canadian Guy Eh video has a more in depth analysis of a clean footage plus new screenshots. There's a bunch of stuff going on. A new mask, tons of references, crates that release a golden energy ball, new animations. I'm curious for this Chick and Stew tag team stuff too.

All the skins look dope as heck (except Cortex's, IMO). Dingodile going full crocodile is awesome. 

The track design is nuts in a great way. Lots of cool shortcuts. It even recycles (very briefly) parts of Roo's Tubes, which is awesome. The inner part of the ship reminds of the Doominator levels from Crash of the Titans aswell. This whole GP has a Titans vibe actually.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2020-01/Race-through-the-Post-Apocalyptic-themed-Rustland-Grand-Prix-for-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled

• A new blog post is upon us.
  • AGB_CTR_GP7_4.jpg
  1. Mega-Mix is being implemented as the 50th character, and yes it's just him as far as new GP characters go.
  2. New Mask is named Apo Apo.
  3. We're getting a new game mode called Golden Wumpa Hunt which is implied to be a permanent version of Ghost Hunt.
  4. Chick and Stew are apparently getting new skins, implied to be exotic.

AGB_CTR_GP7_5.jpg

AGB_CTR_GP7_3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Rustland GP officially began and as usual, next GP leaks are in! You guys are gonna love this:

Emperor Velo is in da house!

Space themed GP is next!

• Promotion 1

On 1/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, Brawler Bear CC14 said:

Megamix makes his HD debut starting tomorrow. 

Cheese on friggin Rice, they actually included that monstrocity!

Also, Max Mad/Borderlands.

22 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

1. New Mask is named Apo Apo.

Phantasy Star crossover inbound?

Spoiler

a4balfenj6b41.png

Big new datamine in store for Season 8. It's looking quite space themed, though it looks like we're getting only one character again, and once again, no Geary or Pinstripe skins.

Although, that one new character is heavily hinted to be

Spoiler

Emperor Velo.

Okay, but...

...who's Joe? Joe is the codename to Emperor Velo?

Also, Driver WhoCouldIBe, Beenox you cheeky sons of a gun xD

This GP just began and I'm already very excited for the next. I don't even mind if each GP will only have only one new character each. That way they can extend the GP longevity. We still have plenty of characters to go. At this point, I'm convinced Beenox won't skip a single one. So get ready for Viscount, Willie Wumpa, Evil Twins and so on. Heck, even Bearminator might get in.

37 minutes ago, Jango said:

So get ready for Viscount, Willie Wumpa, Evil Twins and so on. Heck, even Bearminator might get in

There's been rumblings in the community concerning Mr. Crumb, and Twinsanity characters.

37 minutes ago, Jango said:

Spoiler

who's Joe? Joe is the codename to Emperor Velo?

That's the agreed consensus, yes. He apparently was originally titled as Driver Whoami.

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Okay, but...

Hide contents

...who's Joe? Joe is the codename to Emperor Velo?

Also, Driver WhoCouldIBe, Beenox you cheeky sons of a gun xD

This GP just began and I'm already very excited for the next. I don't even mind if each GP will only have only one new character each. That way they can extend the GP longevity. We still have plenty of characters to go. At this point, I'm convinced Beenox won't skip a single one. So get ready for Viscount, Willie Wumpa, Evil Twins and so on. Heck, even Bearminator might get in.

Honestly I think theyre only adding one each because more and more of the staff is being moved to the next project.

Considering they're intentionally having a laugh at leakers' expense now with stuff like WhoAmI and WhoCouldIBe, Joe is likely just a false name to hide the identity of the character, that's my thoughts on it anyway.

Very happy about the next GP character, completing another set.

Also, I love how Megamix's podium animation is glitching between all four of his components' victories.

• Way Past Cool 1

I like the new track, it's tricky but fun, with lots of tight twists in it. Probably gonna main Megamix, after the GP though, since everyone and their mother is using him right now. After the initial nitro grind I'm sitting pretty at 18435 nitro, enough to put me at 13th on the leaderboards for like five minutes. Also bought everything, started with 80000 coins and had about 20000 left over, used them to get all the decals I was missing (meaning once I fill the nitro bar all the way I'll have them all for now). With the exception of today I only play during weekend Wumpa Time, getting at least 5000 coins before calling it a day. With four weekend periods I can make 20000 in a weekend. Also, the golden bumps are like the ghosts but they spawn less often, and you can only get one per race. Because they give 200 coins if you manage to grab them.

• Thumbs Up 2

7gyvkxfw1db41.png

So is anyone here crazy enough to explain how we're supposed to freaking accomplish this per Beenox's masterful  programming?

I mean, we already knew this stuff is automated, as we got that other time this gem: "complete Hyper Spaceway without using a turbo pad" :P

Don't forget that yesterday we got the brutal challenge of winning on Slide Coliseum without turbo pads. That one was rough. Not as rough as racing Megamix Mania online though. The item spam is real on that track, and there's only one blue fire pad so if you get hit you're basically boned. It's a fun track, don't get me wrong, just don't expect to win much. At least I managed to get the obligatory "win three times online" challenge, sitting pretty at 25000 nitro on day 2. 

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I mean, we already knew this stuff is automated, as we got that other time this gem: "complete Hyper Spaceway without using a turbo pad" :P

Automated is one thing. Coco Park isn't even a battle arena!!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have something big here. The coin payouts for offline races has been massively buffed! I've been testing and while the game is still showing the old values for me, doing some quick math tells me I am in fact getting the buffed amounts right now.