Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Blog post details:

• Velo is the only character in this prix
  • Velo will be the new time trial ghost
  • There's two sets of time trials coming - Velo's, and then Beenox Devs
  • This is the final chance to get your hands on a Champion Kart if you haven't already

Also, there are two new additional champion Kart decals. One for beating every Oxide time trial and the other for besting all the Velo time trials.

Oh shit yeah, they did forgot Geary again xD

23 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Also, there are two new additional champion Kart decals. One for beating every Oxide time trial and the other for besting all the Velo time trials.

"- You will know fear".

Do these Grand Prix things ever come back? I still don't have the game and I was wondering if I missed out on like... everything, basically.

48 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Do these Grand Prix things ever come back? I still don't have the game and I was wondering if I missed out on like... everything, basically.

The events wont repeat, but the new  items and characters will all be available to unlock and the new tracks will still be there.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's a lot of speculation that the yellow kart is a reference to Crash Bash.

5 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Here's the road map.

ir2jqox0mwh41.jpg

At last Isabella has a skin where her hair doesn't get shaved off.

Already data mined lol Just read the comments of this post. Cheeky Beenox strikes again.

I played the new track just now. It's balls. It's this game's Rainbow Road. I love it. The visuals can't get any better than this, all the background detail is insane, the space ships battling, teleporting and shooting lasers, it's impressive. Very Star Wars-ish. It's already my favorite track by the visuals alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's BetaM's latest entire datamine:

159eg5amw3i41.jpg

Figures. Already there's a new Coco Legendary skin guranteed. No Geary or Pinstripe skins in sight.

Never have I ever come in first place in a new Grand Prix Track on my first race.

I don't think I've ever used the Jump Button as much I did on Drive-Thru Danger...

Making a post very late, had some issues today so I wasn't able to get around to the GP till late tonight. With that said, the new track is freaking awesome, especially when you figure out where the shortcuts are (thanks Velo). Been taking on the Velo trials first things first, got all of the CTR and GP tracks done with only the CNK tracks left (I'm dreading Deep Sea Driving and especially Hyper Spaceway, I suck at that track something fierce.) so I'll share some of what I learned.

Obviously the advanced techniques such as U-Turning are required as Velo himself uses them. I've stuck to Drift for all but one track and managed to do reasonably well, obviously a competent Speed user is going to have an easier time but I prefer Drift. Accel may be able to get the times, but your going to struggle hard, and forget Turning and Balanced. Most of the trials consist of not only doing the shortcuts but figuring out proper racing lines (at least as proper as you can get in a cart racer,  last time I checked F1 cars can't take inside-inside by jumping). Try to watch Velo as best you can, there are some tracks where he cuts corners and you can learn from him. Before you ask, no he dosen't jump the fence in Blizzard Bluff, thank God. You can try to if you want to get the edge, otherwise you need perfect play. That applies to most tracks really, on most of them you only get a small margin of error (Mostly him losing fire for a couple of seconds) if any (Nina's Nightmare is an actual nightmare as he dosen't screw up once). There are some tracks where he does biff it, most notably Drive Thru Danger where he just falls apart on lap 2 (so much so that I actually beat his time getting the Oxide time, not like it did any good). With that being said, these times are genuinely hard, the dev times are just going to be pure sadistic torture.

TL:DR If you want a shot at Velo then you're gonna have to, in no uncertain terms, Git Gud.

Hmm... I think I’m only in it for the skins, karts, wheels, and paint jobs this time. Feels like a bit of a Whimper (Wumpa) of a GP that they’ve closed on personally which is a shame.

Dont want to be negative because Beenox have done an amazing job with everything otherwise, but for my tastes, Drive thru Danger is absolute balls. Probably my least favourite out of their unique creations and quite an unfun mess to meander about on. 

I should note this is because I prefer mostly uncluttered track designs that focus a lot more on speedways - maintaining Blue Fire and Just that high octane pedal to the metal vibe... which you just can’t do here (unless you are a pro blue fire drifter I’m sure you’ll find a way, But that’s too stress induced for me to fully enjoy.)

I’m sure I’ll come around a bit more to it after a few more goes and I think the shortcuts are great... but the overall design is forcibly tailored to using the accidental air brake mechanic way too often - the fun of that was using it where you shouldn’t and finding fun shortcuts to exploit it - not having to use to it because the course demands it. That stops the fun for me.

The short twisty turns and barely any edges constantly demands slowdown and requires me to change to engines I don’t like using too.

I just don't know. Aesthetically it is great with some nice shout outs to cuphead. But I kinda wish we got to drive ON gasmoxia than above it. 

Emperor Velo also isn’t someone I know enough about so I don’t really hold a care for the character or design so it’s again a shame he’s the ONLY character unlock. I didn’t know who Megamix was last season either but I enjoyed the design and it fit with the season aesthetic really well. Plus, we sort of have Velo already don’t we? So shouldn’t he be a skin for Velo character anyway? I dunno I’m a bit puzzled why we have him twice... 

Anyway! I do hope those datamines are true for the remaining character unlocks of generic cortex scientist and the remaining babies after this GP! 

1 hour ago, Son-icka said:

Plus, we sort of have Velo already don’t we? So shouldn’t he be a skin for Velo character anyway? I dunno I’m a bit puzzled why we have him twice... 

This version is the one most people remember him in from CNK since its the form he takes for most of the game. He's actually a robot that the other Velo uses to be more intimidating and he acts like a completely different person.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I’ve been down for playing this new track online to get a better feel of it. Interestingly, unlike all the other GP’s when the latest of track additions pops up and is spammed to high heck... Drive thru Danger is never selected unanimously (or at all) by the players.

This has happened for the last 8/9 times in a row over different online groups. Bewildering that I’m now trying to desperately play it more, yet everyone wants Dragon bloody Mines instead.

Speaking of which, I've just now beaten Velo. Don't let anyone fool you, he's hard. Not impossible, but you need to be on your toes. Obviously people are going to have different experiences but my three hardest tracks would have to be Nina's Nightmare, Hot Air Skyway and dear god Deep Sea Driving. The first two require a perfect run and the latter requires that on top of having to dodge blades. Here's a tip though: when you get to the tunnel, stop power sliding entirely and just focus on avoiding the blades, hit the turbo pads and jump to keep your speed.

Heh. Been getting a kick out of the recent barrage of Megumi memes we've been getting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

17 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

There's an Xfinity car code for customers of the cable provider

6ae47dcf774055fa9082fa2b9caea969.png

Looks kinda awesome... But US only again? :(

So they finally added Velo(presumably not by Steve Blum), eh? Okay, that's most of not all of the Nitro racers.

Anyone else left or is that comment about the championship an indication of being done?

7 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Anyone else left

Let's see. Madame Amberly, Evil Crash, maybe 10th Dimension Coco, Evil Twins definitely, Tribesman, Mr. Crumb, Bianca, the Sorceress, Ripto, maybe Elora, Rusty Walrus & Farmer Ernest (of we're really feeling desperate).

Not really anyone else besides thoss guys left.

Well....expect for maybe the Crash Suit Guy.

10 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Wish this shop system didn't make me wait for days just to get one character skin.

This will change next month according to the official blog post. You'll be able to refresh the Pit Stop twice a day. It won't solve the world hunger, but it's something.

19 minutes ago, Jango said:

This will change next month according to the official blog post. You'll be able to refresh the Pit Stop twice a day. It won't solve the world hunger, but it's something.

Still not an ideal design though. And we know exactly WHY they still made that the case.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:19 PM, Jango said:
On 2/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, Sonictrainer said:

There's an Xfinity car code for customers of the cable provider

6ae47dcf774055fa9082fa2b9caea969.png

Looks kinda awesome... But US only again?

Oh it's even worse than that. You also have to be subscribed to a fucking Comcast streaming service to get the code.

No (way in hell) thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1