Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

2 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Still not an ideal design though. And we know exactly WHY they still made that the case.

We do?

1 minute ago, Jango said:

We do?

They're owned by Activision. It's pretty obvious what the reason is.

4 hours ago, Jango said:

This will change next month according to the official blog post. You'll be able to refresh the Pit Stop twice a day. It won't solve the world hunger, but it's something.

I'm glad to hear that refreshing will help people with little time on their hands.

• Fist Bump 1

Whelp, after too much grinding (consisting of either getting wrecked online or being the one doing the wrecking, there are noninvasive betweens) I've gotten every skin, paint job, tires, etc. All that's left are the stickers, and now that I'm seeing some of these they are just heinously overpriced. 3000 coins for a couple of numbers? Get out of here.

8 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Whelp, after too much grinding (consisting of either getting wrecked online or being the one doing the wrecking, there are noninvasive betweens) I've gotten every skin, paint job, tires, etc. All that's left are the stickers, and now that I'm seeing some of these they are just heinously overpriced. 3000 coins for a couple of numbers? Get out of here.

Welp. They gotta squeeze money out of players, especially off-line, some way, don't they?

For comparison paint jobs max out at 1500 and skins and tires at 2500. What would you rather have, some cool new treads or a little white 5 that costs twice as much? 

• 1 month later...

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2020-03/Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-Post-Grand-Prix-Content-Announced

New stuff incoming and it looks raaad. Geary finally gets him legendary skin and... They ACTUALLY updated Rilla Roo's face to look closer to the original!?! That's compromise, lol. I guess the Sonic Movie has some effect on this one xD

CTR-POST-GP-Crate-Character.jpg

Secret ‘Crate’ Character

Maybe the most epic character of all, Beenox is bringing the “Iron Checkpoint Crate” to Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled like never before, as an actual playable character that can be unlocked if you find and break the Beenox crate in each track.  We’re not joking ….

Hope ya'll are looking forward to playing as Mr. Whoami?

Holy shit... They made the metal crate, a meme created on Reddit, an actual playable character. This is AGES levels of fan-service (Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed). Fucking love Beenox.

There's a MASSIVE ammount of new stuff to buy in the Pit Stop. And the dev times are brutal.

They've JUST updated the challenges' payout. People are gonna get a bit mad. Previously the coin payout was the same as the nitro payout, but not anymore. All daily challenges gives only 25 coins, weekly gives 75 and pro gives 200. Oh well. Guess the grind is never over. But at least not a single item is timed anymore.

Edited by Jango

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

And the dev times are brutal.

Thankfully, all you get from beating those...are a set of wheels.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

They ACTUALLY updated Rilla Roo's face

Well, yes and no.

"Fixed Rilla Roo" is officially a new separate playable character from the Rilla Roo already in the game.

An online update locked back Zem and Zam for me xD I'm not even mad, but this is classic Beenox. Add a lot of cool new stuff, break some old stuff in the proccess. 

By the way... BetaM is at it again and holy crap this game will have fuel to go forever.

21 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

"Fixed Rilla Roo" is officially a new separate playable character from the Rilla Roo already in the game.

Yeah, just saw, lol! Reaaaaally unnecessary IMHO, but hey, they probably don't want complaints from people who liked the new design. So that's cool of them. I approve. 

People on Reddit are saying that they fixed some invisible walls apparently (?!)

On 3/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, Jango said:

Yeah, just saw, lol! Reaaaaally unnecessary IMHO, but hey, they probably don't want complaints from people who liked the new design. So that's cool of them. I approve. 

You'd think it would have just been a new skin though.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, Jango said:

By the way... BetaM is at it again and holy crap this game will have fuel to go forever.

You sure about that? If you're referring to those codes, he later clarified on Discord that those were codes for dev names. According to what he said, he also didn't spot any new characters coming in his datamine either.

11 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

You'd think it would have just been a new skin though.

You sure about that? If you're referring to those codes, he later clarified on Discord that those were codes for dev names. According to what he said, he also didn't spoylt any new characters coming in his datamine either.

Yeah, the post I saw has been deleted on Reddit, someone was bullshitting I guess. It was a long list, it had Madame Amberly, Rusty Walrus, Willie Wumpa, Viscount, Bearminator and all. Basically everyone that's left to be added (minus Ripto and Sorceress). Moving on!

This is great! What a load of neat content!

Very much hoping in the update I can actually buy stuff again, because the pit stop wouldn’t allow me to spend my hard earned grind on the last few skins and items from the final GP this week, which was a bit irritating.

Although I’ve been coming down off this game for the last month or two from burnout... I’m glad that there will still be things on here to keep me coming back. 

Personally Don’t mind the coin grind replacing the Nitro, to me at least it’s another way to GET more coins regardless of amount 🙂 they are keeping in the Wumpa crate chase too so that’s something as well.

The free Thankyou content is also sweet. Glad to see that Geary finally got a legendary skin haha! Even if it is through a shared costume Deal.

But Iron checkpoint Crate is my new fav character because it’s nuts (and bolts).

Got to say I also super appreciate the derp fix of Rilla Roo, but I agree that I don’t understand why this is a additional character rather than a model swap on the skins. Are mouths harder to move or swap as opposed to changing hair pieces and clothing?

As for the new characters? Great! But Baby Cortex and Trophy look freaking terrible imo. Nevermind. Maybe we will get model changes for them eventually too?😂 

• Fist Bump 1

Yeah, having "Fixed Rilla Roo" as an additional character is... odd as hell, but I'm not complaining. I just find it super weird. It would've been miles better to have it as a legendary skin for the old Rilla Roo since they wanted to keep the old design. They could've called it "Legacy Rilla Roo" or "Classic Rilla Roo". The term "fixed" is somewhat detrimental in my opinion, as if the old design was indeed "wrong", when it was just... different. It was ugly, but not, like, wrong. It was a redesign. Poor guy who designed the old Roo, tho' xD If they wanted to keep both characters, a cooler solution would've been renaming the old Roo to something silly, like Billa Boo, Tilla Too or whatever.

• Thumbs Up 3

Only just realised this... but not only are there the free skins and the new character skins to purchase, they addressed consumer requests for different skins colour palettes or alternates for the characters legendary skins.

I mean, not everyone has this treatment yet, but I’m impressed so far.

Less impressive is that they are still 2500 coins each. The recolours should be half that at least. 

1585244708851.png

These are the "legendary" wheels that you get for breaking your back over the dev time trials.

1585244708851.png

These are the "legendary" wheels that you get for breaking your back over the dev time trials.

At this point, I'm just happy to no longer feel like I have to use specific characters for a whole month, just to have a good chance at getting all the rewards. It just felt like an unnecessary restriction (of sorts) to me.

Gonna be checking the Pit Stop each day for the Beenox Megamix skin, maybe attempt the Oxide time trials for the Champion kart, but otherwise I dunno if I'll be coming back to this game too often. (Unless another Game Night comes along, that is.)

25 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

(Unless another Game Night comes along, that is.)

tenor.gif

hmm

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, NegaMetallix said:

Gonna be checking the Pit Stop each day for the Beenox Megamix skin

This skin (and the other Beenox's skins aswell) is unlocked after updating the game ;)

My mistake, it's just for Crash, Cortex, Crunch and Geary. All the other you have to buy will Wumpa Coins.

51 minutes ago, Jango said:

This skin (and the other Beenox's skins aswell) is unlocked after updating the game ;)

The Crash, Cortex, Crunch and Geary ones are unlocked with the update, yes, but the Megamix skin has to be bought.

• Absolutely 1

On 3/26/2020 at 3:17 PM, Son-icka said:

Personally Don’t mind the coin grind replacing the Nitro, to me at least it’s another way to GET more coins regardless of amount

And what a shock. That amount is incredibly meager and terrible.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 3

lol, the fact that you're still impressed by stuff like that after almost a year is the real shock :V :P