Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

23 minutes ago, Jango said:

lol, the fact that you're still impressed by stuff like that after almost a year is the real shock :V :P

I'd have thought the "shock" being sarcastic was obvious with how money grubbing this game has been and since I was the one who informed you about how Activision tends to be like this in the first place.

:U

I just try my best to grind, even though it is pretty awful that microtransacations seem to be heavily pushed in how much grinding is required out of you. It's nice to have nearly every character in the series, but at the same time... it's pretty crappy the amount of wumpa coins we get. I love CTR: Nitro Fueled, but it's hard to support it when somebody like Activision is behind it. I genuinely believe that Beenox is a huge Crash Bandicoot fan, especially with the small and large references they have put in to every game in the entire franchise. It just kinda sucks that Activision is in charge of the series, but who knows if this series would even still have games being published if it weren't for Activision.

• Absolutely 1

So I did some dirty math, and all of the new stuff comes out to around 110000. I say dirty because I didn't count decals so 120000 would be the number to aim for if you want to buy everything in one's go. Also, since I beat the Velo times I took a look at the Dev times and... just no. It should say something that the two closest times I have are on Oxide Station (which I went out of my way to grind and perfect) and Deep Sea Driving of all tracks. Also ICC in the Daredevil is hilarious, you barely get two feet tall. 

EDIT: Well you can add 7500 to that total because I just unlocked Lab Ass and I didn't realize he had three legendary skins of his own. Hooray Activision.

Ok. I’ll be honest here. I didn’t actually look at the the wumpa challenge payout before I posted about not caring or it being at least something extra XD

However, the points raised are completely valid criticisms (much like everything else that is overpriced on the shop still). 

There’s always been a half and half approach here in every update - one step forward with reward unlocks and another step stagnant on keeping back the prizes from our hands.

I could say Beenox almost shouldn't have bothered with the challenges seeing that the rewards are so measly, but we know who is really behind it. I’m still sticking to what I said - It’s something - Certainly not great, but if you look at the current reality of the game, it’s not much different from before, and at least it hasn’t gotten worse. 

The best part of this now is we are not playing the limited time GP grind game anymore. So it’s just a more relaxed form of manipulation from the publisher than a time and stress induced one! XD

Overall its not a real bother. Not to me anyway. I can just play at weekends now if I want and focus on other games I want to play. I’m happy they kept the Wumpa Coin Box challenge in, and you can refresh the pit stop twice daily now. That’s good enough for me. 

I’m past caring about the rest as we know Activision are greedy manipulative A-Holes over their “it’s only cosmetics” unlockables.

Red General Tiny because it's a M. Bison reference and I love it.

BTW, did you guys noticed that they swapped the Lumberjack Lab Assistant color scheme to avoid him looking too much like Mario?

1 hour ago, Jango said:

BTW, did you guys noticed that they swapped the Lumberjack Lab Assistant color scheme to avoid him looking too much like Mario?

Doubt that would have been the reasoning, even if there was some to begin with.

On 3/29/2020 at 7:49 PM, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Doubt that would have been the reasoning, even if there was some to begin with.

I dunno, It is kinda similar. Unless I’ve missed something he still appears to be red and blue as well. But I suppose a “plumber lab assistant” decked out in those colours would have been more on a nose I suppose. 

Also, It might have been an intentional allusion too with the traveller skin... but quite surprised they didn’t do this skin in red and white stripes and called him “Where’s Lab Assistant?” XD

Plus I love the fixed Rilla Roo animation on the Podium. Especially that they animated him to prod his mouth With curiousity. It’s the little touches like this that give me appreciation for the effort BN go too sometimes.

• Chuckle 1

14 hours ago, Son-icka said:

I dunno, It is kinda similar. Unless I’ve missed something he still appears to be red and blue as well. But I suppose a “plumber lab assistant” decked out in those colours would have been more on a nose I suppose. 

Also, It might have been an intentional allusion too with the traveller skin... but quite surprised they didn’t do this skin in red and white stripes and called him “Where’s Lab Assistant?” XD

Also Just caught fixed Rilla Roo on the Podium. I love that they animated him to prod his mouth With curiously. It’s the little touches like this that give me appreciation for the effort BN go too sometimes.

Nobody knows really, but it's suspicious because in Crash 2 the Lumberjack Lab Assistant wears a red shirt and hat with blue overhalls. In CTR, it's the other way around. No other Lab Assist Legendary Skin had its colors swapped. I'm willing to think they did it on purpose (because Mario Kart). Then again, there's a green pipe identical to the ones in Super Mario Bros. in Papu's Pyramid, so who knows what's up... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Crash Team Racing is free for a week on Switch Online, all modes are available to play!

It's almost like Beenox got pulled to work on a mode in another game that looked nice but bloated an already bloated game further or something.

CTR NF really is a frustrating game in the grand scheme of eveything.

At its base is a remarkable game with wonderful fam service and a killer roster.

Unfortunately, obvious things like a Nitro Kart campaign or Twinsanity characters, were left out, and a lot of people got alienated by microtransactions.

Good lord the microtransactions. They may not have directly made the game a slog, but the progression system in terms of unlocking the majority of stuff was clearly centered around them and that alienated players by how the game absolutely did not respect their time.

And that's to say nothing of the bugginess of the game, wacky physics, and it's broken online that the devs refused to fix in favor of just adding more content.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/29/2020 at 3:02 PM, Harkofthewaa said:

It's almost like Beenox got pulled to work on a mode in another game that looked nice but bloated an already bloated game further or something.

C'mon man, those basic Photoshop filters were awesome in Crash 4 /s 

No, but seriously, what a shame, they should've just left Beenox working on CTR for at least a few more months to fix the online mode and maybe add the few remaining data mined characters and skins. Oh well. Who knows, maybe they'll come back for a another PvP game. They're good.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/8/2020 at 6:49 PM, Jango said:

Rev-up your engines:

https://support.activision.com/crash-team-racing

Nitro-Fueled is coming to PC!

Y'know, the more time passes by, the more I think that "Windows" showing up was just a fluke, especially given how the game's been all but abandoned at this point.

And especially since the PC community would probably run laps around the bollocks unlocking system and decimate any need for microtransactions.