Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

16 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I think it's a parody of the traditional dashboard bobble, since it's typically depicted as a hula dancer. 

You could be right. This is the only explanation for this weird figurine. I do not remember one game, where Crash wore a hula skirt.  

Guess N.Gin Labs won! This is my favorite track so far, holy shit. Both the Crash 2 and Crash 3 mechs are there, and there's even a lab assistant doing some repairs on them if you look closely! Man, these details, oh my God. 

I hope they have the Mecha Bandicoot somewhere displayed in the track too. That would be super nice.

• Thumbs Up 5

N.Gin Labs was my favorite course in the original game. Can't wait to hear the new version of it's music.

So they're doing good guys then bad guys?

Actually, that does make some sense; more seamless transition to covering bosses and Oxide (since if this pace keeps up it'll be roughly late April/early May before the base roster is covered). 

There's a new color of boost near the end of the trailer, light blue-ish. Could it be one of those secret techniques?

Also, I miss the seal noise when you hit them.. I think this game is using a bit too much stock cartoon sounds. I especially dislike the "clown car horn" that plays with the logo and during races (I think that like Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing you can horn while driving).

Nice, probably tomorrow or Friday. I'm holding myself for Hot Air Skyway, I reaaaaally would like to keep this track as a surprise... But who am I kidding, I'm gonna look in 5 seconds after it's revealed :(

Jesus Christ, he looks bat shit crazy, he's even drooling, ew. I'm gonna miss the old "Lady and the Tramp" laugh tho', but the new one isn't bad at all. 

Also, I guess after being defeated the boss will handle you the key physically instead of just saying "have this key"... But I'm nooooot so sure I'll take Roo's 🤢

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Gee... I didn't think that they could make Ripper Roo even crazier. Especially his laugh sounds now more frightening than funny. 

I like Ripper Roo a lot because this psycho crazy theme kind of fits the Crash series in general… insane… sorry lol.

Plus several characters had been creeping up to his level of insanity over the years (Dingodile, N.Gin), so he really needed a bit of a boost to justify his title of being the insane one of the bunch. 

Also I won't be surprised if Crash's eventual post-mortem shows death by key stabbing.

When was Dingodile more insane than Ripper Roo? N. Gin I can understand since in the Titans games he was shown with a split personality disorder.

Holy shit!!! It looks like a hyperspace portal or something, I love what they did! Also, neat BTTF reference.

For those wondering where Dingodile's tail went...

...it appears to have ironed out its contract in the final game after being absent from the demo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Daaang, they have an eagle eye on that Reddit o.O Well, I hope they're also reading that we want those controls VERY close to the original, not just a beautiful game ;) Kudos Beenox.

I doubt full controls will be in this. Or at least not abusive like in the old game where you could skip portions of some stages on certain maps

Pfft, I never noticed Dingodile doesn't have his tail when in his kart in the original CTR. I guess they couldn't figure out how to fit it in?